Shareholder Benefit - How long

EmmasNana

How far in advance do you submit your stock statement? Last year I sent in one statement for two cruises six months apart and they used that one statement for both credits. Not sure how far in advance I can sent it in. Thanks!

Technically, the idea is that you own the stock when you sail. I usually wait and send mine in about a month before, depending on the date. I sail at the end of the month but sent in my June 30th quarterly statement.

I don't like to send it in too early because I don't want it to be rejected and have to re-do it all again later.

I sail HAL in November, so I'll probably send them my 9/30 statement. Want to be sure I give them enough time to process it (although it's always been done quickly) but not so much that they say I'm too early!

How far in advance do you submit your stock statement? Last year I sent in one statement for two cruises six months apart and they used that one statement for both credits. Not sure how far in advance I can sent it in. Thanks!

I turned mine in for a September cruise and January. OBC was applied to both of them.

Technically, the idea is that you own the stock when you sail. I usually wait and send mine in about a month before, depending on the date. I sail at the end of the month but sent in my June 30th quarterly statement.

I don't like to send it in too early because I don't want it to be rejected and have to re-do it all again later.

I sail HAL in November, so I'll probably send them my 9/30 statement. Want to be sure I give them enough time to process it (although it's always been done quickly) but not so much that they say I'm too early!

Thanks!

I've been told to wait until no more than 90 days before the cruise, but like most everything else, I've seen the OBC posted in exception to this rule. As noted, they want to be sure that you actually own the stock when you sail. In any case, it's a great benefit, IMO.

"SKY"

You will not see this OBC on your "My billing" page. In order to see a total of all OBC you get from the cruise line, you will need to go to: View cruise documents, click: pring on General information and then scroll all the way down to Itemized Charges.

I always print out the confirmation.

Stockholers Benefits Info;

Great info...saving for future use

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any recent experience with how long its taking to see the OBC ?

I emailed my info today at about 3pm. Received what looks like an automated email within about 15 minutes that said "Please allow up to seven business days for a response". I can't remember reading about anyone getting the automated email first. Is this normal way they do it ?

Any recent experience with how long its taking to see the OBC ?

I emailed my info today at about 3pm. Received what looks like an automated email within about 15 minutes that said "Please allow up to seven business days for a response". I can't remember reading about anyone getting the automated email first. Is this normal way they do it ?

I always get the automated email advising that my request was received.

As others have said, have received the confirmation for OBC any time from a few hours to a week

Update: We submitted by email about 3pm on Thursday, received the automated email within 15 minutes, received the confirmation email on Monday morning at 10:20am. Considering that office is most likely(?) closed on the weekend, I'd say that was a pretty quick turn around !