Bridge Tour - Ok to post video?

Heronymous

So last year when I was on the Escape, I was invited to tour the bridge which was an incredible experience, and even more incredible was that I was allowed to record it with my GoPro. Does anyone know if it's considered bad form to post the video? No one said anything about it, but I don't see any of these on YouTube either so.. wasn't sure if there's a reason.

-Keith

So last year when I was on the Escape, I was invited to tour the bridge which was an incredible experience, and even more incredible was that I was allowed to record it with my GoPro. Does anyone know if it's considered bad form to post the video? No one said anything about it, but I don't see any of these on YouTube either so.. wasn't sure if there's a reason.

-Keith

If they let you take it then I don't think there would be a problem.

Somebody, somewhere will decide it is a security issue.

Heck, in some ports you can not even take a picture of the ship from the dock.

Personal opinion - foolishness.

I think it is perfectly fine to share such a video. BUT - I see very little value in posting it. And the slight chance some power hungry worry wort will make a case of it.

If you want a bridge tour go on some of the smaller lines, they often have an open bridge policy except when entering or leaving port. It's a nice experience, but not really a big deal because most of it is computerized. The ships are steered with joy sticks and the displays are digital.

Somebody, somewhere will decide it is a security issue.

Heck, in some ports you can not even take a picture of the ship from the dock.

when i was in nassau, they had signs saying no drones :(..i wanted a drone overhead shot of my ship in port :(

Ship tours do not include bridge tours any more. If for some reason you find yourself on the bridge, and security policies and some maritime law restricts this, pictures and videos are not allowed under any circumstances. Your device will be confiscated. I'm telling you this as first hand Knowledge, not hearsay. Before you ask, no not first hand from violating the rule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ship tours do not include bridge tours any more. If for some reason you find yourself on the bridge, and security policies and some maritime law restricts this, pictures and videos are not allowed under any circumstances. Your device will be confiscated. I'm telling you this as first hand Knowledge, not hearsay. Before you ask, no not first hand from violating the rule.

Yeah, this wasn't a normal tour. I got married on the ship, and just after I declined his offer to show me a hidden exit in case I change my mind (lol), he offered to have us come up and see the bridge during the week. I asked if I could record it, and they told me yes.. so.. sweet! But wasn't sure if it was ok to share it since I knew it was a privilege just to be allowed in there.. It definitely wasn't something I was expecting, nor would ever expect to have again.

-Keith

I don't know that this is true. When we stayed in the Haven on an NCL Cruise out of FL this spring we asked our awesome concierge about a bridge tour. He said most ships didn't do them anymore for security reasons but that he would ask the captain. Sure enough he came back the next day and told us where and what time to meet him later in the week.

When we met him at the designated time he took us to the bridge, the captain welcomed us and chatted for minutes then had one of the officers give us a very thorough bridge tour, answered tons of questions and my son took literally 100s of pictures without issue (including with the captain and officers)

That is not true. I have been invited to the bridge, not on ship tours, but because you can get invited if you have certain status or even just ask, and they allowed photos and videos. This is not hearsay, I have pictures and videos to prove it. I still have my camera and it was not a phone camera. The bridge officers even posed and took our picture there with our camera. I have also been in the engine control room. Have pictures of that.

I don't know that this is true. When we stayed in the Haven on an NCL Cruise out of FL this spring we asked our awesome concierge about a bridge tour. He said most ships didn't do them anymore for security reasons but that he would ask the captain. Sure enough he came back the next day and told us where and what time to meet him later in the week.

When we met him at the designated time he took us to the bridge, the captain welcomed us and chatted for minutes then had one of the officers give us a very thorough bridge tour, answered tons of questions and my son took literally 100s of pictures without issue (including with the captain and officers)

Exactly. It is not true. They are making up what they imagine to be true.

This doesn't sound close to remotely true or accurate. It is very easy to find bridge videos of many types of ships online.

These are just the first three searching YouTube for Ship Bridge Tour

There are hundreds more