Ships in port at the same time

poeticlicensed

Is there a tool that I can check, other than searching itineraries of different cruise lines to know what other ships will be in a particular port on a certain day? A couple of years ago we docked in St Thomas and the Oasis was there. We took a cab to the beach and it was so crowded that we couldn't get a beach chair. Everyone I talked to was from the Oasis . I had known in advance that a monster ship would be in port, I probably would not have gone to that beach. Is there a way to check?

Have to smile at the post. The OP takes one of the largest ships in the world, on a normal 7 day Caribbean itinerary, and then is surprised that there are so many cruisers in the ports? The Oasis carries about as many passengers as 3 normal sized ships..combined! And all the Mega ships of RCI go to the typical Caribbean ports (because they must be able to handle these monsters) so its hard to avoid crowding. So what to do? Take a much smaller ship (such as Oceania, Azamara, Seabourn, etc) and go to places not visited by huge ships. But if you insist on a 7 day cruise, out of Florida, that departs on a Saturday or Sunday you are not going to be able to avoid the crowds. When we rent a condo on St Maarten, we know to avoid the popular cruise passenger places (like Orient Beach or Maho) except on weekends (when there are few to no cruise ships in port).

Hank

Have to smile at the post. The OP takes one of the largest ships in the world, on a normal 7 day Caribbean itinerary, and then is surprised that there are so many cruisers in the ports? The Oasis carries about as many passengers as 3 normal sized ships..combined! And all the Mega ships of RCI go to the typical Caribbean ports (because they must be able to handle these monsters) so its hard to avoid crowding. So what to do? Take a much smaller ship (such as Oceania, Azamara, Seabourn, etc) and go to places not visited by huge ships. But if you insist on a 7 day cruise, out of Florida, that departs on a Saturday or Sunday you are not going to be able to avoid the crowds. When we rent a condo on St Maarten, we know to avoid the popular cruise passenger places (like Orient Beach or Maho) except on weekends (when there are few to no cruise ships in port)./quote

I was not on the Oasis, I was on the Reflection . I recognize that most ports have multiple ships in port, but it seemed that this port in particular seemed overrun by Oasis passengers. We met up with the same ship in St. Maarten and it didn't seem to matter there.

Is there a tool that I can check, other than searching itineraries of different cruise lines to know what other ships will be in a particular port on a certain day? A couple of years ago we docked in St Thomas and the Oasis was there. We took a cab to the beach and it was so crowded that we couldn't get a beach chair. Everyone I talked to was from the Oasis . I had known in advance that a monster ship would be in port, I probably would not have gone to that beach. Is there a way to check?

Try typing "cruise ships in port at the same time" into Google. Really easy and you will get useful hits.

DON