Escape - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Yesterday at guest services, when I signed the parental waiver for Cam, I inquired about upgrading her to the Corks&Caps drink package. We were told the request is submitted back to NCL land, and a decision would be returned within 24 hours.

This morning we found this in our seabox...

84d208d6f854be6c39d5c506296aa5cc.jpg

The result...

f5644df8d5cff943ba19c01c6445c78a.jpg

7705d477d46ae4332aaea0e47671b2b5.jpg

4375b3581902ee6f6e6739dd0dc7572a.jpg

We'll be credited back the drinks on her card from last night, which were all $8-9 each at DBH.

Does that mean she got the Ultimate Drink Package? My daughter will be 4 months shy of her 21st birthday and want to add to her card

Does that mean she got the Ultimate Drink Package? My daughter will be 4 months shy of her 21st birthday and want to add to her card

No, there is no "Ultimate Drink Package".

3UDP is actually the 3SDP (Specialty Dining Package) but NCL still uses the letters UDP which was the Ultimate Dining Package which is no longer offered (hasn't been offered for over a year).

The daughter has the UBPCC (Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package) which is $59 per person per day (if purchased) plus 18%. The promo covers the $59 per day and the guest pays the 18% ($59 x 7 x .18) which is $74.34.

LINK

914e030f9b79d44f2cdbcf467cc36fa3.jpg

If there's a drink of the day... it's well-hidden on the Freestyle Daily. O'Sheehan's has the pork spare ribs special.

We're lazy - still in bed and overhearing that we've been cleared for HC. A change from last time we were here: "Only cash and credit cards can be used in this port of call - Harvest Caye"

Heading down for coffee and breakfast in a minute.

9ec8c899843f24dd2237ced69c5d935a.jpg

Are you saying the last time you were at HC you could use your Sign & Sail card? And that now you can't?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you saying the last time you were at HC you could use your Sign & Sail card? And that now you can't?

Right - you used to be able to charge to your onboard account using your stateroom card. I believe they switched to cash/credit only back in June. No Amex.

But the following "advisory" has always been true...

76b99a3ecfb57ab5b149994f085afb58.jpg

Right - you used to be able to charge to your onboard account using your stateroom card. I believe they switched to cash/credit only back in June. No Amex.

But the following "advisory" has always been true...

76b99a3ecfb57ab5b149994f085afb58.jpg

That just seems chintzy. They will get your money either way...why make you schlep cash or cc's to the beach?

I was told that if I could master this, it would lead to fame and fortune, aka 1,000 tickets...

04edaf79fb01db7bacce1084fd1df143.jpg

de904a7ae14b6251d33c9b1d2d83fe7c.jpg

38a031205cbc7683eac2a38327261cf9.jpg

Wait......hold the ship! That is NOT a Bud Light you are drinking is it?? Seriously Doug thats worse than a Corona?:loudcry:

SaveSave

SaveSave

Ask the Belize authorities. They are the reason UBP and such can't be used there, not NCL.

No, I am not talking about the UBP not being able to be used. I'm saying why could passengers use their Sign & Sail cards at HC last year but only cash or cc's now.

Pool day. Feel the excitement.

a39bb93e979d4a31dace2ea03efde544.jpg

8e00b9ab60822167cb2d55ea3cb6e18c.jpg

Interesting... this was beautiful shiny wood back in December...

8b90a04c62f245f27b0b1b70f9c9c618.jpg

Now all of the decking on the walkway is coated in some grey non-stick paint.

That's probably due to the lady on our Dawn cruise. Saw her walking along looking at her cell-phone and she ran into a yellow 'caution' cone that was on the walkway. She tripped over it and fell down, and then made a huge deal over it ....maybe trying to get a free cruise:confused:

No, I am not talking about the UBP not being able to be used. I'm saying why could passengers use their Sign & Sail cards at HC last year but only cash or cc's now.

I agree it felt "off". Maybe there was a dispute in the ship/contractor settlement, or maybe NCL saw OBC being spent off the ship. I have no idea.

I wonder how much we'll see HC evolve over the next few years.