Traveling Star Class w/ non-star immediate family

Hello,

We're really looking forward to traveling on Oasis next month in a Grand Loft Suite!

Just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience traveling in "Star Class" with immediate family in a non-star cabin. (In this case our two adult children).

I'm not looking to game the system in any way, and don't expect anything, I just want to see if anyone had personal experiences.

Namely:

1) Can they board the ship at the same time as us with the Genie?

2) Reserved seating at shows, I assume the Genie will be able to get seats for just us, but figured I'd ask.

3) I hear they can join at specialty resturaunts under our reservation (though we have to pay the extra for them). Would they also be able to join for in suite dining under the same conditions?

Any other antedotes would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Gabrca

I can give you my experience in Star Class. We were on Harmony in Feb. 2017 and had 2 couples traveling with us. 1 couple was also in a Star Class Suite (different Genie though) and the other couple was in a non suite.

Our non-suite friends were always invited to participate in any activity that the rest of us were. As you would expect, they were presented with a check for dining when we dined together but were never ever excluded from anything, something for which we were extremely grateful.

Whenever we had reserved seats in the theater(s) they were also given reserved seats right with us. We never invited the non-suite guests to the Suites lounge or CK. We saved them and the Concierge the pressure/embarrassment of having to admit/deny them but for all of the shows and dinner reservations, they received the same treatment that we did.

We boarded and disembarked at different times so I could not advise you about those processes but if I had to guess (and that's all it would be) I would say that they would have been accommodated, graciously.

I experienced this same thing. Your children will be able to board with you but they will have to drop their luggage off at the drop off like everyone else. Someone will meet you and take your luggage from you and take it straight to your room. You will be able to go straight to your room but their room will not be available until 1:00. They can join your dinner reservations, there will just be a charge for the two non star class people. I felt it would have been better to all be in the same room. It was awkward have two people with free reign and two who didn't. It kept us from using the "star class" to it's full potential but it was VERY nice to have for what we did use it for!! Enjoy!

We never invited the non-suite guests to the Suites lounge or CK. We saved them and the Concierge the pressure/embarrassment of having to admit/deny them but for all of the shows and dinner reservations, they received the same treatment that we did.

There have been quite a few posts, in the past, stating that CK eligible cruisers are allowed to invite non-CK eligible guests, space permitting, to dinner. It may vary by ship, as many things do.

Edited by marci22

There have been quite a few posts, in the past, stating that CK eligible cruisers are allowed to invite non-CK eligible guests, space permitting, to dinner. It may vary by ship, as many things do.

In June, on Harmony, we were told we could not bring our guests to dinner in the CK. We were told we could try at lunch if space was available but we never did.

I can give you my experience in Star Class. We were on Harmony in Feb. 2017 and had 2 couples traveling with us. 1 couple was also in a Star Class Suite (different Genie though) and the other couple was in a non suite.

Our non-suite friends were always invited to participate in any activity that the rest of us were. As you would expect, they were presented with a check for dining when we dined together but were never ever excluded from anything, something for which we were extremely grateful.

Whenever we had reserved seats in the theater(s) they were also given reserved seats right with us. We never invited the non-suite guests to the Suites lounge or CK. We saved them and the Concierge the pressure/embarrassment of having to admit/deny them but for all of the shows and dinner reservations, they received the same treatment that we did.

We boarded and disembarked at different times so I could not advise you about those processes but if I had to guess (and that's all it would be) I would say that they would have been accommodated, graciously.

Good to know, thank you!