Pacific Princess - July 2017 photos

cflutist

Not that it matters but Club Class Dining chairs had arms while MDR chairs did not.

Actually, the MDR chairs were a mix -- some had arms and some didn't -- and for some reason the two styles also had different fabric on the back side of the back.

Thanks for posting the photos. We were also on that cruise and I was curious about what the Owner's Suites looked like after the dry dock, having sailed in one a couple years ago. I'm glad to see that the lighter colors and "feel" extended to the suites, and the fully upholstered pieces appear new. I'm told that the same old tub with very high sides and Jacuzzi controls on the outside rim wasn't and won't be changed -- a shame, unless you're quite agile and the seas quite calm.

True, being a short 5'4" person, had to use both hands on the grab bar to get in and out of the tub. I like the penthouse suites on the Grand Class ships more with a separate walk in shower. Never used the tub on the 18 day cruise, but did use the tub on the Star and Grand.

Actually, the MDR chairs were a mix -- some had arms and some didn't -- and for some reason the two styles also had different fabric on the back side of the back.

The chairs that I saw in CC had maroon backing and arms.

The ones in the rest of the MDR had no arms and a beige/gold backing.

Wow! Great photos. My wife and I really looking forward to our trip on the Pacific Princess in January. We'll be on the Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles segment of her world cruise. We are in 8064 - the suite on the aft port corner. Based on your photos, its going to be a very comfortable trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, in fact the Pacific Princess was originally the Renaissance III. Princess bought 3 of Renaissance's ships after they went out of business.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! Great photos. My wife and I really looking forward to our trip on the Pacific Princess in January. We'll be on the Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles segment of her world cruise. We are in 8064 - the suite on the aft port corner. Based on your photos, its going to be a very comfortable trip.

Hi there! You are welcome to join our World Cruise Roll Call! It has been a bit confusing as there are so many segments and passengers can embark in both Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles. Feel free to check us out! January 2018 World Cruise-Pacific Princess

Thank you CFlutist for all the pictures, we can't wait to get onboard and enjoy her!

Kristy :)

Cheryl thanks for posting the pictures. Too bad you couldn't get pictures of some of the other cabins for those of us that can't afford on of the OS for the world cruise. We didn't win the lottery.

We will enjoy the ship as we were on the R4 and Tahitian.

Norine

i was on the cruise after you and i thought the updates looked great.

thank you for the suite photos. i'll never be able to stay in one but its great fun to see them. the afternoon tea in your room looks amazing!

quilting queen, i was in an ocean view but didn't take any pictures of it. it had the same bedding, headboard and the new sheers and drapes as in the suite. new carpet as well. the bathroom was the same as its always been.

Thanks for posting the pics, Cheryl! It was great meeting you and Ernie. We really enjoyed the Cruise Critic tea you hosted in your suite - so thoughtful of you! Sadly, on the day of the tea it was really rainy so we all (what was there, over 20 of us?) had to cram inside - but that suite handled us all with no problem!

We just had a basic BE cabin towards the aft on 6 (6076), nothing special but no strange noises or howling from the wind like some people complained of, a nice enough cabin for sure. I know some people had duct tape on their balcony windows for at least half the cruise when we were way up north, and some people just could not get enough heat.

The area that still needs updating big time is the Pacific Lounge - the furniture up there is in dire need of replacement!

Vikki

Thanks for posting the pics, Cheryl! It was great meeting you and Ernie. We really enjoyed the Cruise Critic tea you hosted in your suite - so thoughtful of you! Sadly, on the day of the tea it was really rainy so we all (what was there, over 20 of us?) had to cram inside - but that suite handled us all with no problem!

We just had a basic BE cabin towards the aft on 6 (6076), nothing special but no strange noises or howling from the wind like some people complained of, a nice enough cabin for sure. I know some people had duct tape on their balcony windows for at least half the cruise when we were way up north, and some people just could not get enough heat.

The area that still needs updating big time is the Pacific Lounge - the furniture up there is in dire need of replacement!

Vikki

Thanks Vikki, I met Angie/John in the hallway and they were one of the duct taped cabins, so I invited them in to enjoy the view with us. When they did the fire sprinkler test, a few of the Club Class Minis got flooded. One guy literally ran into the hall yelling that his cabin was flooding. I had lunch with him the next day and he said that they spent the night on Deck 3 (we were on Deck 8) so they could replace their carpet. Another cabin had their door open the next morning with an industrial fan drying their carpet. I spoke to another couple in a suite at breakfast who said his door was duct taped too, but he just removed it when he wanted to go out of the balcony (he was on deck 6 aft). It was a little cool in our cabin when we were above the Arctic Circle but I attribute that to the outside temperature and the fact that we had so much glass which is not a good insulator.

It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope that we see each other again. Any interest in going to Antarctica? We are booked on the Silversea Cloud Expedition ship December 2018.

• 4 weeks later...
Just returned from an 18-day cruise to Norway on the Pacific Princess staying in Owner's Suite 8067.

This was the second cruise since the drydock and some things were not completed yet.

Was told there was new carpeting in the atrium.

[ATTACH]408945[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]408946[/ATTACH]

Hello,

Do you have (link to) a photo blog/album from your trip, specifically- Pacific Princess shots?

The thumbnails photos you display here, while APPRECIATED.. are rather small :)

Respectfully,

Bob

Edited by bob221b1

OP;

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

On this thread thanks to my spouse who found it. To CfFlutist for posting the updated (though thumbnail :) pics)- and a general update. Thank you.

To you.. thank you again for your daily transcanal posts in May. We are going 11-23 Nov, Adriatic... will repay the courtesy to all with daily blog and thorough pics/detail.

Cheers,

Bob

Hello,

Do you have (link to) a photo blog/album from your trip, specifically- Pacific Princess shots?

The thumbnails photos you display here, while APPRECIATED.. are rather small :)

Respectfully,

Bob

That is one of the pains of CC, must resize photos before posting.

Link to our website is below. There are 186 photos on 4 pages of

thumbnails. Click on each one for a larger view. Select the size by clicking on the leftmost button of the three on the top right corner. Download by clicking on the rightmost button.

http://www.websailor.org/index.php?/category/982

Edited by cflutist

That is one of the pains of CC, must resize photos before posting.

Link to our website is below. There are 186 photos on 4 pages of

thumbnails. Click on each one for a larger view. Select the size by clicking on the leftmost button of the three on the top right corner. Download by clicking on the rightmost button.

http://www.websailor.org/index.php?/category/982

Very much appreciated, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk