WDW transportation to Port-Magic Feb

sfs2001

A couple of questions regarding our first family cruise on the carnival magic (feb)

First has anyone paired a walt disney world vacation with a cruise? We love Disney and of course being so close to the Mouse we really want to visit before the cruise. We are planning to arrive Thursday and spend that day along with Friday at the magic kingdom and then head on our cruise Saturday.

We will stay at one of the Disney hotels and take the Magical express to the hotel but after that transportation gets tricky. Should we take the ME back to the airport (if that's allowed) and then hit up a carnival transportation or some other shuttle van or should we arrange for a private transfer to pick us up at our resort and then have them drop us off at the port?

Any recommendations for private tranportstion? It would be nice to bypass going back to the airport with two younger children.

Also should we just plan on having private transportation back to the airport afterwards? We already booked our air because I got a really great deal but I might be cutting it close with an 11:30 flight out the day of departure. How early can you exit the ship when we return and should we keep our luggage in the room and carry it off ourselves to make sure we get off the ship in time To drive and catch our flight?

So many questions and I know I have time to book the transportation but I didn't know if private shuttles sell out more quickly than group ones. Thanks everyone for any suggestions.....first family cruise and I am kinda freaking out (although I know I shouldn't) by the way our family consists of my husband and I and our children ages 5 and 8 at time of cruise.

:)

When is your vacation? JetBlue is suggesting that folks get to the airport 3hours prior to their flight. There is a lot of construction going on at the Orlando airport and traffic is a mess. Combine that with families without a lot of experience traveling and you need to self disembark and arrange transportation prior.

I would rent a car upon arrival at the airport. Park it at the port for the cruise and return in it to the airport. You will be cutting it close but be sure to let the cruise ship know you have an early flight and they should let you off in the first group.

Have fun, we have done Disney and a cruise several times.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo