When to book excursions

lakes123

I am starting to research excursions for SB Alaska cruise on Coral June 2018. Princess site says they won't be available to book until 120 days prior to cruise. If I am debating between Princess and non-Princess excursions would it be too late to book non-Princess excursions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

If your up for booking independently Alaska is one of the easiest places to do it. We did all independent and it was our first cruise.

Be sure to check out the Alaska board. Loads of great info & recommendations for highly reputable companies that guarantee to get you back to the ship in time.

Depending on what you're looking to do, would personally recommend Harv & Marv for whale watching in Juneau and White Pass Summit Rail & Bus with Chilkoot Charters. Both excursions were cheaper than Princess & small groups.

Enjoy your planning & cruise! [emoji199] [emoji228] [emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since requiring pre-payment to reserve tours in advance they now state they'll be available sooner than the previous 90-120 day range.

"You can book your shore excursion with Cruise Personalizer® from approximately 180 days before travel".

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/excursions.jsp

Although even before the change we've had tours available as far in advance as nearly 11 months or as close as a month before sailing. While such variations are not routine it's why we periodically check for tour availability.

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess next month and just received a 10 percent off offer on excursions. I don't know if this is a new type of pricing strategy that Princess is employing widespread or something particular to our cruise. We did not have such an offer for our December cruise on the same ship. Even with the 10 percent discount, it's a lot less expensive to book excursions independently.

Since requiring pre-payment to reserve tours in advance they now state they'll be available sooner than the previous 90-120 day range.

"You can book your shore excursion with Cruise Personalizer® from approximately 180 days before travel".

Nothing like having to pay in full for your shore excursions over three months before you make final payment for the cruise itself.

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess next month and just received a 10 percent off offer on excursions. I don't know if this is a new type of pricing strategy that Princess is employing widespread or something particular to our cruise. We did not have such an offer for our December cruise on the same ship. Even with the 10 percent discount, it's a lot less expensive to book excursions independently.

Nothing like having to pay in full for your shore excursions over three months before you make final payment for the cruise itself.

I've never received any discount offers which could be an indication that ship's tours bookings since requiring pre-payment are being adversely affected.

I would only commit OBC prior to sailing but not to pay by chargecard.

I have reserved pre-cruise in the past, but with new policies I am not sure I would. I would think it would depend on the excursion. If it is one you can get safely off the ship wait. It is one that will take you quite a way from the ship and time is a problem, you may want to do it ahead of time. The one thing I am not sure about with the new policy is that they use to save a certain amount for people who book onboard. That needs to be checked out.