1 week till we wing our way to La Serenissima

ernieb

I have to credit Spins for making me aware of the aka for Venice. Next Thursday, the 3rd, we board our flights for arrival the morning of the 4th. we will have 4 nights in Venice prior to Boarding the Muse on the 8th. We are staying at the Westin Europa & Regina and currently have dinner reservations at La Feluca, Oliva Nera and Alla Madonna. Does anyone have suggestions for our remaining night's dinner?

We are really looking forward to our time in La Serenissima and our 12 nights on the Muse.:D

Hi,

I just returned from Venice.

My favorite restaurants are Osteria alle Testiere and Trattoria da Ig****o. Both serve lots of fresh local seafood;Trattoria da Ig****o also offers meat and poultry dishes.

You need to book well in advance for Osteria alle Testiere, which is tiny, has seatings at 7:00pm and 9:30pm, and is in high demand. There is an email link on their web page.

Trattoria da Ig****o's web page has an email link, too, if you want to make a reservation. It's not needed for lunch, but you may need one if you want to have dinner at a particular time.

I think both of these restaurants, like many in Venice, close for vacation for part or all of August. I hope they are open on the day you are looking for.

Karen

Thanks Karen.

Unfortunately, Testiere will be closed the entire time we will be there.

Does the other, Trattoria da Ig****o, really have the **** in it's name? I'm having a hard time deciphering.:confused:

Thanks Karen.

Unfortunately, Testiere will be closed the entire time we will be there.

Does the other, Trattoria da Ig****o, really have the **** in it's name? I'm having a hard time deciphering.:confused:

No asterisks, sorry about that; it looked fine when I previewed it. Try I g n a z i o, as in a man's name, without the spaces.

It is a nice place to escape crowds of tourists.

If you are looking for something quicker and less expensive than a multi-course dinner, like pizza or pasta, you might try Pizzeria da Gianni, on the Zattere. It's on a floating platform on the Guidecca Canal, where there is usually a nice breeze.

Also look at Il Refolo, a pizzeria in the campo behind San Giacomo dall'Orio. It's best to make a reservation in advance (ask your hotel concierge to call them for you), because it's quite popular for dinner.

Also Ernie if da LA Marisa open worth the walk!

I am going to have a drink at locanda cipriani when I visit Torcello.

We will be in Venezia at the end of September for three days.

I will be exploring new places...Torcello is one of them.

Enjoy La Serenissima and your voyage.