Carnival Dream aft in Aug! Am I nuts???

MDgal76

So we have decided to change our cruise from the Glory in June to the Dream in August. I am picking my cabin and we know we want a balcony. I had an aft balcony on the Glory was looking to possibly get the same on the Dream. BUT now that is will be August and hot as heck am I better off with a regular cabin that has cover/shade? I know deck 9 has some shade but we were looking at the corner aft next to the wrap around and those aren't available. Thoughts???

We have had a couple of aft balconies and although the view is great, we found it much too hot to be able to enjoy the balcony. They had full sun almost all day and barely any breeze at all. We had a regular aft balcony on the Freedom the end of July/beginning of August and a corner aft suite on the Sunshine in February. I would much rather have a side balcony with shade and a breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have had a couple of aft balconies and although the view is great, we found it much too hot to be able to enjoy the balcony. They had full sun almost all day and barely any breeze at all. We had a regular aft balcony on the Freedom the end of July/beginning of August and a corner aft suite on the Sunshine in February. I would much rather have a side balcony with shade and a breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's my fear it being to hot.

If you are looking for shade you may enjoy a cove balcony. I'm looking forward to my cove in less than 2 months!!!!

We had a Cove this past February. Loved it. Potential for shade would be a plus in the summer. Being close to the water was nice.

Do it! We did an aft balcony on Dream out of New Orleans August 2015. You have the best views of the Mississippi River.

Did you experience any soot from the funnel? I was hesitant to book it because most reviews say it's awesome but the few bad reviews say you get black soot on your balcony from the funnel. Hoping those were just from a few Negative Nancy's overreacting.

I'm still super excited though! I'm actually glad there won't be much of a breeze, I love heat and sun and always get cold up on deck with the breeze.

Does anyone know if the cabin stewards will give you lounge chair on the aft balconies? I've heard they used to do that but that it's hit or miss.