Specialty Restaurant Reservations - Haven Guest

RCCL cruiser here sailing on NCL in Haven to try it out. I think I just learned that the restaurant reservation process is a bit different....silly me...

I'm sailing Escape on 8/19 and I have the specialty restaurant package. However, I did not make reservations and it seems like I'm unable to at this time. Either all the reservations are taken or they are closed for booking.

Will I be able to get anything on board? Will the concierge be able to help? Not a big deal....I can eat in the main dining room but wanted to experience Cagney's, LaCucina, and Maderno.

Sorry if this has been asked.....I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Only a small percentage of reservations are available ahead of booking. For non haven I'd tell you to make reservations upon board but I have a feeling the concierge will have some extra leeway in getting your reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From many of the posts I've read, most Haven cruisers say the restaurant in the Haven is better than the specialty restaurants. Unless you're looking for something in particular that the Haven restaurant may not have.

We're sailing the Epic in January and staying in the Haven for the first time. Really excited about that.

Also, you may want to consider Vibe passes on the Escape. It's adults only, whereas the pool area in the Haven will probably have kids splashing around in there. Your preference.

I would suggest contacting the NCL Concierge line to talk to them about reservations and such. As a Haven guest you can send all your requests through the concierge.

Save your money the food is delicious in the Haven restaurant and the service is excellent! If there is something not on the menu and you want it they will get it for you. The Haven rocks! Enjoy!!! We've stayed in the Haven a few times. The concierge can do it all for you. Call Norwegian and ask for the concierge desk number you can call before your cruise and pre book with them. That's their job. You can also request stuff for your room before as well. We are 120 days out and I'm calling this week for my stuff. Once you do Haven you won't go back to a regular room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No worries about making your reservations, the concierge will take all your requests upon boarding and will make them happen.

The Haven restaurant is wonderful, but the menu doesn't change all week. We love having a few dinners at the specialty restaurants to mix things up, I think you'll have a good amount of variety with your choices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 33% of the available reservations are booked before embarkation. When you arrive at pier, or embark on ship, you will have immediate access to the Concierge. Just have an idea of which restaurants/evenings you wish to dine, and the Concierge should make that happen. The sooner you do it, the better, as far as your dining time choices. You can also just go to the front desk area (there is a restaurant reservation area at the customer service desk on most ships we've been on) they have menus displayed and customer service reps there to take your ressies. Albeit, this area will have a longer line. No worries! Enjoy the Haven :cool:

RCCL cruiser here sailing on NCL in Haven to try it out. I think I just learned that the restaurant reservation process is a bit different....silly me...

I'm sailing Escape on 8/19 and I have the specialty restaurant package. However, I did not make reservations and it seems like I'm unable to at this time. Either all the reservations are taken or they are closed for booking.

Will I be able to get anything on board? Will the concierge be able to help? Not a big deal....I can eat in the main dining room but wanted to experience Cagney's, LaCucina, and Maderno.

Sorry if this has been asked.....I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

The concierge staff will take care of you. Once you board, give them a list of your reservations and they will book them for you. Even if a restaurant is sold out, the concierge can over book the restaurant.

Things to ask thfor concierge book on the Escape

Specialty Dining

For the Record

After Midnight

Supper Club complimentary dinner shows

Supper Club paid cabaret dinner show

Headliners Comedy Club

Shore Excursions

Spa Treatments (in the spa or in the Havens)

Escape Room, complimentary

canvas by U paining

,,, to name a few

There is reserved seating for Havens in the main theater. So you can show up to 10 minutes tbefore show time and get good seats.

Haven food is excellent but every night has the same menu ..so you might still want to try spec ialty restaurants

I recommend the steK, lamb and seabass at Haven .

Cagneys has the best steaks

Bistro had great lambchops

Oshehans best wings ...Thai

MDR had excellent food every night ..and I have been on Epic, Getaway, Escape , Breakaway and Spirit ...all excellent

Go enjoy

Haven food is excellent but every night has the same menu ..so you might still want to try spec ialty restaurants

I recommend the steK, lamb and seabass at Haven .

Cagneys has the best steaks

Bistro had great lambchops

Oshehans best wings ...Thai

MDR had excellent food every night ..and I have been on Epic, Getaway, Escape , Breakaway and Spirit ...all excellent

Go enjoy

Bistro lamb chop use to be good. They were removed with the "new"/Escape menu in Nov 2015.

Save your money the food is delicious in the Haven restaurant and the service is excellent! If there is something not on the menu and you want it they will get it for you. Forums

As a Havens guest, you get a free dining package. No money to spend (other than grata)

With regards to pre booking have the rules changed in terms of 100 days as when I log onto myncl the date listed for me to be able to book is 90 days out as any other room type ?