Carnival food vs MSC food

teampayne

MSC gets my vote! Definitely Mediterranean with a good amount of seafood, pasta, and risotto but they have a few regular staples on their menu as well (chicken, steak, etc..). The buffet is huge and has the best pizza at sea, at least 4 different pastas with delicious sauces every day, sliced roasts, an "American" section with burgers and a different kind of potato every day, and a section that changes each day to feature a different culture (Indian, Moroccan, Jamaican, etc...).

Thanks for the replies, so it's different rather than inferior then? we are going to try the Seaside next year having previously always sailed Carnival, food is a big part of our holiday so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be of a lower standard.

Different and superior to Carnival, in my opinion! :-) But it's really a matter of opinion and taste. I think there's enough variety to please most. Their food is well-prepared and their dining rooms and the ship itself is beautiful. We really enjoyed everything about MSC, but it's not your typical American ship - I think that throws some people off. Have you looked up their menus so you have an idea of what they offer?

I'm curious to know whether the menus for the MSC ships sailing out of Miami will be different then the ships that sail primarily out of Europe. I was reading a post from someone who was on the Meraviglia and I was not too impressed with the menus.

I just got back from my cruise on the Carnival Dream two weeks ago and I actually thought the food was very good. Though I missed the tablecloths.

I'm curious to know whether the menus for the MSC ships sailing out of Miami will be different then the ships that sail primarily out of Europe.

They'll be somewhat different to cater (to an extent) to the American palette. There are photos of menus from Divina posted on various threads on this forum. If you do a quick search you should be able to find them easily enough. Just compare them to photos of menus on threads about the other ships to get an idea of the difference.

I'm curious to know whether the menus for the MSC ships sailing out of Miami will be different then the ships that sail primarily out of Europe. I was reading a post from someone who was on the Meraviglia and I was not too impressed with the menus.

Unfortunately, MSC changed the dining on the Divina to please the "sit down at the trough, gobble and go" expectations of cruisers from some American cruise lines.

While one can still make dinner a leisurely affair, the portion size of the various courses have greatly increased (allowing for the gobble and go crowd to order fewer courses and still feel overfed). Some of the seasoning and presentations now have more in common with Olive Garden than italian cuisine.