No lobster on 5 day cruises?

hrmkr

OP ignore the ole meanies :D Welcome back . But being it's only a five day pick your favorite land based restaurant and have yourself a throwdown before or after your cruise.

true, no lobster on cruises under 6 days. I am admittedly a bit of or a lot of a lobster snob, coming from east coast Canada, but do admit that I enjoyed the lobster that I had on Carnival for the most part, but there have been times that I ordered it and found it to be tough and not very tasty. So that is why I have not ordered it for at least the last three years on my cruises, but also have not missed it. I have not eaten lobster in at least two years anywhere, so I dont go on Carnival for lobster, nor do I order it anywhere in Ottawa, my home town, because I doubt that it will please me.

but in Carnival's defense, there are so many wonderful other offerings on their menu beside lobster, I suggest trying the scallop dish, and the the lobster ravioli, or just order something else that appeals. Carnival dining room menus are varied and of course you can always send something back that you dont like. Lots of other seafood beside lobster. I also believe that Carnival does seafood very well, both in the dining rooms and even in the buffet!! EEEK, I know I will get blasted for that last remark.

Pardon me. I guess the politically correct answer is if you want lobster in the dining room on a <6 night cruise it will cost you $20. The bottom line though (in not politically correct terms) is lobster is no longer included for free on cruises <6 nights. Feel free to enjoy the information here:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/steakhouse-selections

Pardon me. I guess the politically correct answer is if you want lobster in the dining room on a <6 night cruise it will cost you $20. The bottom line though (in not politically correct terms) is lobster is no longer included for free on cruises <6 nights. Feel free to enjoy the information here:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/steakhouse-selections

very true

OP ignore the ole meanies :D Welcome back . But being it's only a five day pick your favorite land based restaurant and have yourself a throwdown before or after your cruise.

Nothing mean, just strong the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very old news. You been living under a rock? Guessing you haven't cruised Carnival in a while.

Shoot me an address, I need to send you some old Dale Carnegie tapes. This is a place to exchange information. Some might not have the opportunity to cruise as often as others, and this is news to them.

Shoot me an address, I need to send you some old Dale Carnegie tapes. This is a place to exchange information. Some might not have the opportunity to cruise as often as others, and this is news to them.

They likely won't get the Carnegie reference, but that's a good one! ;)

We sailed the Sunshine twice last year - an 8 day and a 5 day.

On the 5 day - a portion of the passengers seemed more frantic about "getting our money's worth" than on the 8 day. It was a totally different vibe.

I'd wonder (after reading reports of this here on CC) if that frantic sector load up on as many lobster tails they can stuff down - 10 to 20 being the target number. Parents and significant others seemed to be proud of that accomplishment and said they cheered the lobster stuffers on.

Maybe this has something to do with CCL not serving lobster on shorter cruises?

I'd wonder (after reading reports of this here on CC) if that frantic sector load up on as many lobster tails they can stuff down - 10 to 20 being the target number. Parents and significant others seemed to be proud of that accomplishment and said they cheered the lobster stuffers on.

Yup. That's it. The frantic sector.

Very funny.