Lower sugar alcoholic drinks (but still with that nice Caribbean feel)?

k_y30

Doesn't absinthe have some kind of weird chemical or drug in it? I rememeber watching a documentary years ago and the reason it got you so hammered Is bc of that. I could be wrong but I've always been scared to try it bc of that. Lol

Years ago, 1912, it caused hallucinations believed to be caused by the wormwood that gives it its slight bitter taste, any drinks containing Absinthe or thujone wasn't allowed to be sold in the US. Several years ago it was allowed back in, but it had to be thujone free. But THATS in the US. No way would I knowingly drink it from British Columbia , Quebec, Russia or Ontario to name a few,it's sold there with no restrictions. Crazy, right!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You found the drinks weak? I found most of mine were strong. The bartender in the sports bar was very heavy handed. His singles were more like a triple lol.

Now we didn't have the cheers package so maybe that made a difference.

Anything with fruit juice will have lots of sugar. If you get things like martinis you will have less mix in it and more booze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was probably a few different things. We tried a few of the inside bars and I noticed the drinks were MUCH stronger than the poolside bars, I'm sure it has something to do with the sheer volume of people at the bars outside.

Also, I don't think the bartenders get the full 15% tip from the Cheers program. The second day I flipped my bar-t an extra couple of bucks and the drinks he made me for the rest of the the night were crazy strong. So, since you were pay as you go I'm sure they were a little more heavy with you

Years ago, 1912, it caused hallucinations believed to be caused by the wormwood that gives it its slight bitter taste, any drinks containing Absinthe or thujone wasn't allowed to be sold in the US. Several years ago it was allowed back in, but it had to be thujone free. But THATS in the US. No way would I knowingly drink it from British Columbia , Quebec, Russia or Ontario to name a few,it's sold there with no restrictions. Crazy, right!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So carnival only uses booze imported by the u.s.?

I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make.

America is getting stinking on something I stir or shake.

The Sex On The Beach...the Schnapps made from peach!

The Velvet Hammer...the Alabama Slammer!

I make things with juice and froth, the Pink Squirrel...the 3 Toed Sloth.

I make drinks so sweet and snazzy, the Iced Tea...the Kamakazi!

The Orgasm...the Death Spasm. The Singapore Sling...the Ding a Ling.

America you're just devoted to every flavor I've got, but if you want to get loaded...why don't you just order a shot!

Aperol Spritz- Aperol, Prosecco, soda water

Fresh Italian - Aperol, OJ and other juices. It's found in the MDR table bar menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So carnival only uses booze imported by the u.s.?

Not sure about that [emoji15]But just took it for granted that what alcohol was loaded on the ship in port Canaveral, Tampa etc would have to be from the US.

Since you're going to be on the Breeze, the best place to drink during happy hour and in the evening would be the Alchemy Bar. The mixologists there use fresh ingredients and will adjust any drink to your liking. If you're watching calories, stick with Corona light during the day. Enjoy

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Was probably a few different things. We tried a few of the inside bars and I noticed the drinks were MUCH stronger than the poolside bars, I'm sure it has something to do with the sheer volume of people at the bars outside.

Also, I don't think the bartenders get the full 15% tip from the Cheers program. The second day I flipped my bar-t an extra couple of bucks and the drinks he made me for the rest of the the night were crazy strong. So, since you were pay as you go I'm sure they were a little more heavy with you

I found out the gratuities from cheers are totaled for everyone who purchased cheers and divided among all bar staff. If you add an additional tip on your receipt the particular server/bartender named at the top gets 100% of it. So if you occasionally tip an extra dollar here or there with your favorite bartender they will pour you stronger drinks. I've noticed a lot of them will fill the jigger and while dumping it in will continue to pour from the bottle as well. It also makes a difference if you are friendly, patient, and polite, they will like you much more than the customers that aren't haha.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Some of these have already been named - but I do recommend Cuba Libre (with diet coke), diet sprite + bacardi mango, and one of my other favorites is malibu rum + club soda + orange wedge to squeeze in. Club soda and fruit make good mixers if you are feeling too much sugar.

I also second going to the Alchemy Bar - if you tell them you are looking for a less sweet drink they will be happy to help find something! And their drinks are STRONG.

You cannot technically order a double because that counts as two drinks. But pick your favorite bar or 2 and stick with it. Get to know your bartender, tip early and often (yes, above what's already included with Cheers, we tip $1 per drink), and order a vodka/rum/whatever your liquor of choice is on the rocks, and it will be very generous. Trust me on this. ;) I don't like drinking all that sugar either, so I stick with vodka and diet coke or vodka on the rocks mostly, with a fruity drink thrown in occasionally to mix it up. Also, I can't say that I've ever had a weak drink on Carnival.

I end up grabbing a couple power-aid zeros then ordering shots of Titos on the rocks. You can get an umbrella to add a tropical feel to it!! I also bring on cans of Minute Maid light as mixers for when the heartburn starts from the sugar:)

I end up grabbing a couple power-aid zeros then ordering shots of Titos on the rocks. You can get an umbrella to add a tropical feel to it!! I also bring on cans of Minute Maid light as mixers for when the heartburn starts from the sugar:)

You bring up a good point, I actually get bad indigestion if I drink too much to often BUT if I do a shot of apple cider vinegar (with the "mother", whatever the hell that is), my heartburn and indigestion goes away within an hour or so. I know it sounds like some hippie crap but It really does work. I'm going to contact carnival tomorrow and see if I can bring a glass bottle of that with me