Royal Princess Sanctuary

Topcruise

hello all,

Looking forward to first Princess cruise in a few weeks time. Interested in relaxation rather than the ports . Has anyone any experience /information of sanctuary prices, availability, when and how to reserve on the Mediterranean cruises?

Many thanks.

hello all,

Looking forward to first Princess cruise in a few weeks time. Interested in relaxation rather than the ports . Has anyone any experience /information of sanctuary prices, availability, when and how to reserve on the Mediterranean cruises?

Many thanks.

Cost per person is $20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if you book all days of the cruise, port and sea.

To reserve go to the sanctuary as soon as you board. There are no precruise reservations.

Mediterranean cruises are port intensive. On port days a large percentage of passengers will be off the ship. There should be available seating in the comfortable sofas around the main pool, on the Horizon Terrace and in the padded lounge chairs on the deck 7 outdoor patios.

You will want to go up and book for the days you want as soon as you board. I would guess that the Port days will be easily available since most people want to get off the ship.

We had planned on doing the Sanctuary when we were on the Royal and ended up getting a cabana by the retreat pool instead. The Sanctuary looked very relaxing but in the heat, we wanted to be able to go in and out of the pool easily and have a shaded lounger. We were allowed to order food from the Sanctuary menu but we never did.

Have fun on your cruise!

On a seven days cruise, how many days do you have to pay f you reserve the entire cruise at 30$ per day... the embarkation day it is close and the same on the last day...

Thank you!

On a seven days cruise, how many days do you have to pay f you reserve the entire cruise at 30$ per day... the embarkation day it is close and the same on the last day...

Thank you!

It's the full 7 days if you are getting the discounted rate. You can use it embarkation day, and you could go there the morning you leave, in theory, if it's open.

When we got on the Royal this year, there were people there and using it.

I have heard that when the weather is bad, you can go up there and request them to take the day off because it's not usable. We had to do that on our last sea day that we had a retreat pool cabana booked. They were very kind, said they understood and said if the weather improved we could request our cabana back. The weather did not improve, but I felt that was a generous offer.

You probably want to pick your spot too. So, your choices will be greater the sooner you book it.

I have heard that when the weather is bad, you can go up there and request them to take the day off because it's not usable. We had to do that on our last sea day that we had a retreat pool cabana booked. They were very kind, said they understood and said if the weather improved we could request our cabana back. The weather did not improve, but I felt that was a generous offer.

Thanks for the info. I did not you could do that.

Tony

Thanks for the info. I did not you could do that.

Tony

I think Pam had mentioned it in a post. She knows everything [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

I did the Sanctuary on the Ruby for Glacier Bay. They had food in warmers, heated blankets, and they gave us the nice insulated mugs and polar fleece ear warmers (and lots of champagne). I am guessing this is only because of Glacier Bay. I know you can order food from their menu, but is there anything else that is special for the Sanctuary on the Royal?