Smart Cruise Tours Highlights City Tour Rome

Coastmonkey1

Just wondering has anyone done this tour? We are thinking of booking it for our cruise call in Civitavecchia on the 9th of October onboard MSC Fantasia. It will be for my wife and I and our 3 yr old. Just wanting to know how good it is and are we guaranteed getting back to Civi ontime. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Bea, some mixed reviews. We have been to Rome many times but just wanting to get photos with our daughter at the main sights and this tour was a lot cheaper than that offered by the ship. Still unsure [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's an old thread, too, CM.

It's a bit of a risk booking non-cruiseline excursions. You ask if there are guarantees about getting back on time - the straight answer is: No! Not unless it's a ship's excursion. I know there are some that offer insurance against missing the ship if they don't get you back on time (but it's not something I'd want to experience) - these companies do state this. Does the company you're considering address this? If they don't, I wouldn't touch them.

My yardstick is: if venturing a long distance from the port (and Rome is, from Civitavecchia) go with the ship's excursion. How much is peace of mind worth to you?

I don't know what the difference between the ship and the company you're considering excursions prices is but I think I'd enjoy the day out more if I were worry-free about getting back to the ship on time.