thermal suite.

pmclary9

The Thermal Suite is part of a ships spa facilities.... usually including hydro-therapy pools with a variety of jets etc, hot tubs, heated tile loungers, sauna's, steam rooms etc...

** Spa treatments are an additional cost.

You haven't mentioned which ship so I can't comment on actual features (each ship has slightly different facilities and I am unsure of some of the older NCL ships facilities)...

IMO, if you are sailing on a newer ship - Epic Class or above - then yes it is 100% worth it. It's an amazing place to relax and revitalise those aching muscles from port excursions (or dancing!).

BA to Bermuda..... Oh hell yes its worth it!

The thermal suite on BA is amazing....

The therapy pool is great, it has a big sauna and steam room, plus a salt room and a tropical shower thingy... they also have way more heated tile loungers than most suites... and an amazing view too!

Its nice an quiet in the morning - a great way to wake yourself up gradually! ;p

Enjoy!

I am in the minority. I love spas but my sis, niece and I did not love the Epic spa experience. Tile loungers and balcony loungers were hogged. It was not zen. Too many loud/drunks in there to spoil the spa mood.

Also, smokers on balcony below wafted up. Spa staff was concerned and helpful. But it was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am in the minority. If you are on one of the new ships in the away class, the thermal suite is not worth the money. There are simply not enough pools and variety of facilities.

If you are on one of the older ships like the Dawn then it i well worht the money.

As others said, it depends on the ship. And, whether it's worth it is completely subjective. I've had spa passes on the Jade, Epic, and twice on the Pearl. The Epic and Pearl have great spas. I haven't experience what previous posters said about the Epic. I'm back on her in less than two months, so hoping my experience will be the same as previously! The Jade's spa is smaller and so-so. But, it's still worth it for me as I have arthritis and being able to soak after a long day in port is exactly what I need!

I've found the spas are also a nice way and place to wind down and relax. For port-intensive cruises, I find having a spa pass is a must.

Was worth it for us on the Jewel. It was a place for us to escape to and not all that crowded, always quiet. I think one time on a sea day I waited a few minutes for a lounger (no biggie, I waited in the hot tub), but often if I went at night I'd be the only one in there. Especially since it was not a hot weather cruise, it was nice to have a cozy indoor place to sit and read.

The only downside for us was working around the Splash Academy hours because in practice they are only open in 3 hour increments during the day. So just as we'd complete an activity or settle in to a hot tub we'd need to get ready to leave. But that was more of a planning thing I didn't anticipate, and may not be an issue for most people.

If you're not a pool person or a sun worshiper, then the thermal spa is the answer for you. I always get the thermal spa pass and spend at least two-plus hours there every day. So relaxing. The one on the Escape is fabulous. If you're not sure if you want it or not, when you board ship the first day, go to the spa and request a tour. Then you decide. However, if you wait to book after you board, the cost is more (usually $20 more) compared to if you pre-book before your cruise.

I am a teacher and a mom with grown children and just adore kids, but when I am on vacation I want to share some relaxing time in the company of grown ups. The spa pass is my guarantee someone's ill-behaved child isn't flailing all over the clearly posted, adults only hot tubs, cannonballing into the pool next to me, or shrieking beside my head while I try to read my novel. The spa is generally not overly populated, and other than a few rude thermal lounge hogs, the most relaxing and enjoyable part of the cruise. Money so well spent.

If you are into Thermal Spa stuff, do it! I would be bummed to sail on the Breakaway and NOT have a Spa Pass. Spa pass is well worth it IMO. I actually preferred lounging around in the Spa over the Haven Courtyard.

Agree 100%. We are typically not Spa people, but loved it on our last cruise and already booked it for our next one. We are not pool people at all, and never hang out at the tiny ship pools (even in the Haven) but thoroughly enjoy the Thermal suite. We almost missed our dinner last cruise since we lost track of time and what was going to be a quick visit to the thermal suite wound up being several hours. Go for it!

NCL BA. Thank you so much! It's $200 more total For the spa balcony that includes the thermal suite. Booking late. Sept 10 cruise to Bermuda

The spa pass on the Breakaway is about $199 per person. For $200 you can upgrade your cabin & get the spa pass - totally worth it to just try it out & see if you like it.

The Thermal Spa is totally worth it! My wife and I get a spa suite every time now. With as crowded as the pool and hot tub areas get on the new ships, it's nice to have a place to go where you know you won't have to fight for a spot. Do it! You won't regret it!

My apology if asked elsewhere, but can you book spa pass by the day or only for entire cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends. As I understand it you can purchase a day pass only if the week-long passes haven't sold out and then only on port days. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.