Civitavecchia disembark time

AlabamaRN

Cruising on NCL Spirit round trip from Civitavecchia June 2018. If the ship returns at 6:00 am and we self carry luggage (we are NOT in a hurry) what time should we arrange for pickup. I don't want them to charge me for waiting, we are going back to a hotel in Rome and as I said NOT in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're not in a hurry, why pick a time that would just send you headlong into rush hour traffic? I would aim for the latest time the ship will allow you to stay on board, usually around 9:30 AM - 10 AM.

This will be on a Sunday. But that's the kind of information I needed. Thanks

We just got of the Jewel in Civitavecchia and had arranged the car service to pick us up at 9:30.

We had our luggage and got of the ship at 9:10 and the car was already there.

What time was your ship's arrival time scheduled for and was it on time? Did you carry off your own luggage? Was it crowded getting off that late?

• 7 months later...
To clarify, just because the ship is in port at 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., they don't expect you off at that time?

I don't want to leave the ship until 8 or 9:00 as our flight from FCO isn't until 12:50.

You may not even be able to leave at 5:30 or 6...it is up to the Immigration folks. Last time we were there we docked at 4:45...nobody was allowed off until 7:15. That seems to be better today, as the cruise lines work to make sure people can make the standard direct to US flights, which are at 10:30 or 11.

Your cruise line's policy will determine when everyone must be off. Usually 9:30 or 10. If my flight were at 12:50, and a non-stop to the US or Israel, and being familiar with the cluster that FCO can be, I would be getting off around 8 or 8:30. Otherwise getting off at 9 will be OK.