Pride July 23rd-30th ::::: First Cruise

I just got off Pride today and it was my first cruise ever! My husband and I went with a group of friends, there were 7 of us total. Besides a lack of sleep (late night comedies and shows), we had a blast!!

I'm already trying to decide which cruise to book next!

We went to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport. Half Moon Cay was by far my favorite! The water was so clear and we were able to see a few fish swim by us. The ship set up an awesome buffet for us for lunch. We have an all inclusive beach excursion in Freeport. It was worth every penny. The beach was really nice, the food was delicious, and servers were very generous with drinks and shots.

I did have some sea sickness on Monday but I was good to go the rest of the week.

We are sailing on Aug 27th from Baltimore. It will be our first cruise too. I will be getting a PhD in mid August so this cruise is my celebration/brain-shut-down trip. I am super nervous about a couple WEIRD things:

- small size of interior rooms + nowhere to dry bathing suits. Is this an issue?

- elegant night: not sure what this means or what to expect.

- are bathrobes provided and are beach/pool towels larger than regular towels?

- not enough seats on the Lido. My plan is to do NOTHING so I would love to just pass out on the Lido or in Serenity.

- late MDR seating causing us to miss the shows and movies. I wish we could see an itinerary so I have an idea of when things happen on board.

- is there any option to sit by ourselves (two of us) in the MDR?

- getting left by the ship at one of the ports! Ok maybe this is just me being super paranoid.

can you weigh in on what the actual experience on the ship was? Did it feel crowded? Was there any particularly quiet areas/times? Should we do the steakhouse or is the MDR above average food? What time did you get to the port and what time did they let you on-board (versus the time on your boarding pass). Do you have an itinerary you can share?

Edited by PostPhDCruiser

I was worried about crowding as well but I can tell you the only day that felt crowded was lunch on the first day. The reason for that is everyone heads up to lido to eat lunch and wait for their rooms to be ready. The rest of the time was minimal crowding and we were always able to find a chair. We hung out in serenity a lot. If you have the opportunity to eat at the steakhouse, DO IT! It was an absolutely amazing experience and the food was worth every bit of the $35/pp.

There are stations that you can exchange towels so you can always have a dry one. There is a clothes line in the shower that works for bathing suits.

There are shows at all times including late night comedy shows around 11:15 for the adults. There is a huge mix of things to do ranging from for the kids to some R rated for the adults.

Elegant night- My friends and I wore sundresses and collared shirts and khakis. Some dressed in gowns. I'd go with whatever it is that you normally wear for a nice family function.

I believe if you want a table to yourself in MDR you have to call prior to the cruise because it is limited.

You won't be lefts at a port unless you decide to go way of the beaten path and stay past the back on the ship time. We headed back to the ship about an hour before to beat some of the lines.

You will absolutely love it!!! I can't wait to hear your experiences and stories. You'll meet so many amazing people on board. Breathe and have fun!

I was worried about crowding as well but I can tell you the only day that felt crowded was lunch on the first day. The reason for that is everyone heads up to lido to eat lunch and wait for their rooms to be ready. The rest of the time was minimal crowding and we were always able to find a chair. We hung out in serenity a lot. If you have the opportunity to eat at the steakhouse, DO IT! It was an absolutely amazing experience and the food was worth every bit of the $35/pp.

There are stations that you can exchange towels so you can always have a dry one. There is a clothes line in the shower that works for bathing suits.

There are shows at all times including late night comedy shows around 11:15 for the adults. There is a huge mix of things to do ranging from for the kids to some R rated for the adults.

Elegant night- My friends and I wore sundresses and collared shirts and khakis. Some dressed in gowns. I'd go with whatever it is that you normally wear for a nice family function.

I believe if you want a table to yourself in MDR you have to call prior to the cruise because it is limited.

You won't be lefts at a port unless you decide to go way of the beaten path and stay past the back on the ship time. We headed back to the ship about an hour before to beat some of the lines.

You will absolutely love it!!! I can't wait to hear your experiences and stories. You'll meet so many amazing people on board. Breathe and have fun!

Great advice! Just to add a little: I bring 2 swimsuits because I cringe when putting on a wet suit. It depends on how much time you spend in the water.

We had late dining for our last 3 cruises and just switched to ATD. We missed too many events with late dining. We have trouble staying up/out past 12 though...if that helps. I think bathrobes are hit or miss. We had them on one cruise, then didn't, on the same ship, same room booking, later. We never used them the first time, so didn't ask about it.

Also, I love the ship towels. I do bring our own for port days. I am the kind of person that leaves something behind on every cruise/port, and the charge for towels is a lot. (I hope there's a cruiser out there enjoying BOTH of our travel routers. 😁)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app