Monaco’s Muse Modifications

Master Echo

Gotcha.... yes that's also showing up for a Silver select in the U.K. It's just a promotional thing, so yes if you qualify for the $500 having already travelled, then yes, you'd get both.

Not sure about the $1000 figure for the previous passengers though - but as just mentioned it could be per person which would then make complete sense.

Hopefully can get my booking changed tomorrow before the Spirit ship jumpers click in price increases!

Explains why I couldn't see it though as that silver select promotion is for 2017 cruises only and I'm looking at 2018.

Edited by les37b

Gotcha.... yes that's also showing up for a Silver select in the U.K. It's just a promotional thing, so yes if you qualify for the $500 having already travelled, then yes, you'd get both.

Not sure about the $1000 figure for the previous passengers though - but as just mentioned it could be per person which would then make complete sense.

Hopefully can get my booking changed tomorrow before the Spirit ship jumpers click in price increases!

Explains why I couldn't see it though as that silver select promotion is for 2017 cruises only and I'm looking at 2018.

I was told by the SS agent it is $500 per person

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the 6718 cruise in September, so we we are following along intently with everyone's posts. On My Silversea web site it says that we should get an email containing our cruise ticket approximately 60 days or less prior to the cruise. Haven't received anything yet. Has anyone on this cruise received their cruise ticket yet? I was told by our TA that there were several cabins still available which might explain the two cabin upgrade offer for new cruisers. I am thinking they are holding off emailing the cruise ticket as they will try to upsale some of the empty cabins.

I was given that list by my consultant and for those who've travelled on the Muse in the first 6 months ......

We have fully paid for our Montreal to Fort Lauderdale voyage this September. Other than the $1500 shipboard credit our travel agent (cannot be named) has given us privately (nothing to do with Silversea), are we supposed to get additional shipboard credit from Silversea? Please help!

We are on the 6718 cruise in September, so we we are following along intently with everyone's posts. On My Silversea web site it says that we should get an email containing our cruise ticket approximately 60 days or less prior to the cruise. Haven't received anything yet. Has anyone on this cruise received their cruise ticket yet? I was told by our TA that there were several cabins still available which might explain the two cabin upgrade offer for new cruisers. I am thinking they are holding off emailing the cruise ticket as they will try to upsale some of the empty cabins.

Since you have a .TA. Cruise tickets will usually be sent to them first. Your TA will then forward them to you. So if your nervous about it, call your TA.

We have fully paid for our Montreal to Fort Lauderdale voyage this September. Other than the $1500 shipboard credit our travel agent (cannot be named) has given us privately (nothing to do with Silversea), are we supposed to get additional shipboard credit from Silversea? Please help!

Since you have a TA. Call them, silversea does not work with outside of your TA. If your thinking about what was talked about on this thread. It only applies to those who already sailed on the new Muse ship.

We are travelling on the same cruise and haven't received an email containing our electronic cruise ticket either. On our last Silversea cruise in June, we received the email 7 weeks before our cruise. The cruise ticket was also available via My Silversea - Documents .We have received the Travel Journal and luggage tags, but as yet no e-ticket. You could be right that they are holding off until they sort out the upgrade issue. If nothing has come within a couple of weeks, I will probably contact my TA so that she can find out what is going on. As the ticket has not yet been added to 'My Documents' for voyage 6718, I see no great cause for concern.

Edited by biggersn

Have you previously travelled on the Muse?

This $500 being mentioned was something that SS were giving to people who have traveled on the Muse in the first 6 months which can be applied to future bookings of those cruises listed. I suspect if the cruise you've mentioned is on the list, you will qualify for your next booking, however armed with this information there is no reason why you can't request it be applied on this booking. The worst that can happen is say no, so it's worth asking. You might be pleasantly surprised.

My TA was told by SS that to get the SBC on a future booking, you have to book a cruise while on board while on one of the applicable cruises. Presumably, those who have already cruised within the first 6 months obviously would have to apply for it when booking a future cruise.

My TA was told by SS that to get the SBC on a future booking, you have to book a cruise while on board while on one of the applicable cruises. Presumably, those who have already cruised within the first 6 months obviously would have to apply for it when booking a future cruise.

You do not need to be on board and make a future booking to get the OBC. Your TA is mistaken. If you've travelled in the first 6 months (the dates have been listed but don't have to hand) you can book a further Muse trip on one of those listed and get the OBC.

I doubt it's automatic though and you will need to ask.

Have a great cruise BTW. The Muse is a wonderful ship which I'm certain you will enjoy. If you do make a booking on board, you'll get your 5% booking discount...plus if your cruise does qualify, I expect the Cruise consultant would advise you if the OBC is available to your booking.

Thanks. I have asked travel agent to do just that.

Fingers crossed. I have found SS pretty accommodating on such things. I didn't suffer any of the reservation problems, but do have a couple of other issues I've spoken to them about and thy are allowing me to use on my Spirit replacement cruise - though as it stands I think it highly probable we will actually chose one of the qualifying Muse cruises.

Edited by les37b

...there is no reason why you can't request it be applied on this booking. The worst that can happen is say no, so it's worth asking. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks. I have asked travel agent to do just that.

We are also on 6718 in September, now see the cruise has been broken up into smaller cruises is this normal? We have received our silver box & can download air tickets from my silversea. Reading all these posts with interest have had no problems booking excursions etc, but like to chose daily where to have dinner, think this could be a problem.

You do not need to be on board and make a future booking to get the OBC. Your TA is mistaken. If you've travelled in the first 6 months (the dates have been listed but don't have to hand) you can book a further Muse trip on one of those listed and get the OBC.

I doubt it's automatic though and you will need to ask.

Have a great cruise BTW. The Muse is a wonderful ship which I'm certain you will enjoy. If you do make a booking on board, you'll get your 5% booking discount...plus if your cruise does qualify, I expect the Cruise consultant would advise you if the OBC is available to your booking.

Thanks! I will make sure that I ask about the OBC if and when I make a further booking.

We are on the same cruise and noticed our cruise ticket on the my.silveresea website under the documentation tab since early July.

Strange, the only thing listed under my Document tab is "Guest information" form and "Travel journal". Guest information shows our transfers to/from ship, hotel and airport, but nothing else. I paid for the entire cruise over a year ago. It says this under Travel journal document: PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT YOUR CRUISE TICKET. YOUR FINAL CRUISE DOCUMENTS INCLUDINGYOUR CRUISE TICKET WILL BE EMAILED APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO SAILING PROVIDEDPAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN FULL AND YOUR GUEST INFORMATION FORM HAS BEENCOMPLETED.

Strange, the only thing listed under my Document tab is "Guest information" form and "Travel journal". Guest information shows our transfers to/from ship, hotel and airport, but nothing else. I paid for the entire cruise over a year ago. It says this under Travel journal document: PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT YOUR CRUISE TICKET. YOUR FINAL CRUISE DOCUMENTS INCLUDINGYOUR CRUISE TICKET WILL BE EMAILED APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO SAILING PROVIDEDPAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED IN FULL AND YOUR GUEST INFORMATION FORM HAS BEENCOMPLETED.

I expect it will be human error or computer glitch but definitely should be there by now.

Don't panic though. Just before my Muse trip, I misplaced my passport (still no idea how) and had to get it replaced. The documents for the cruise ticket had my old details and didn't match my now newly arrived passport. A quick contact to SS and that document was updated. Don't reply on hitting save to manually update the issuing of the ticket. That needs manual intervention.

Give your agent a call and tell them it is long overdue and request that they chase up on your behalf. I expect it will be resolved within 24 hours

I'm assuming you have filled in all the relevant info and got green boxes to confirm you've done all that's required?

Edited by les37b

We are also on 6718 in September, now see the cruise has been broken up into smaller cruises is this normal?
No, it's not normal. We experienced this a few summers ago in Europe when they tried it for the first time, but since then, breaking voyages into smaller time frames has been the exception, not the rule. IMO, I imagine they are doing it in order to try and fill the ship on lightly booked voyages with US/UK passengers who would like to see/experience the ship without booking a 7+ day voyage.

Have you previously travelled on the Muse?

This $500 being mentioned was something that SS were giving to people who have traveled on the Muse in the first 6 months which can be applied to future bookings of those cruises listed. I suspect if the cruise you've mentioned is on the list, you will qualify for your next booking, however armed with this information there is no reason why you can't request it be applied on this booking. The worst that can happen is say no, so it's worth asking. You might be pleasantly surprised.

We have got good news, our travel agent (cannot be named) came back with an additional $500 shipboard credit, so with the $1500 the travel agency gave us we have a total of $2000 shipboard credit. So, specialty restaurants for us both, and spa treatment for the female cat .. meow!:)

Edited by meow!

We have got good news, our travel agent (cannot be named) came back with an additional $500 shipboard credit, so with the $1500 the travel agency gave us we have a total of $2000 shipboard credit. So, specialty restaurants for us both, and spa treatment for the female cat .. meow!:)

Splendid. I did say they might accommodate you and worth asking. My $500 was added to my new booking today too - so you're not the only happy bunny. (OK, cat - but you know what I mean!) lol

Splendid. I did say they might accommodate you and worth asking. My $500 was added to my new booking today too - so you're not the only happy bunny. (OK, cat - but you know what I mean!) lol

Thank you! Cruise Critic is a wonderful forum .. meow!

I just heard back from my TA, and the delay in the cruise ticket being issued has something to do with changing the dress code for our 6718 voyage. It looks like the dress code changes everyone is discussing that will take place in October will now take place on September 12th. Silverseas says they expect the cruise ticket to go out sometime this week. Formal nights will no longer be tied to where you are eating but rather on set nights. I am sure most CC will be happy about this change coming earlier than first announced. More to come after I see the Cruise Ticket.

There seems to be much inconsistency on the information currently in circulation concerning this whole issue. Indeed many TAs appear to have told their clients different stories.

The rumours which have emanated from various sources regarding ‘compensation’ for the disruption on the Muse cruises, is not as generous as first claimed. It now appears that the “sop” of $500 to passengers who have travelled on the Muse since the inaugural cruise in April, has ‘strings’ attached.

I am not surprised that there is a discrepancy in financial terms between American & United Kingdom passengers.

Copied below is an email received today from Silversea to me regarding this matter, I have put in bold the relevant passages.

BTW the “splitting” of cruises is uncommon, but it enables more cabins to be sold, particularly on longer voyages. This happened on our Buenos Aires to Barbados cruise this February on the Spirit, and has happened again for our Montreal to FLL next month – when checking shorexes on “My Silversea”, there were several which were for “in transit guests only”. This has since disappeared.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

“Dear Master Echo

Thank you for providing your comments and feedback regarding your recent cruise aboard SilverMuse. It is because of guests like yourself, who share this valuable feedback that we are able to continue the high standards of excellence you expect and rightfully deserve. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality luxury cruises throughout the world and are committed to ensuring that every guest enjoys a cruise that exceeds their expectations.

Silver Muse marks the latest addition to our fleet. The greatest of care goes into planning every detail, building upon the principles that have made Silversea the leader in the luxury market. With this in mind, we have made the decision to align the daily dress code of formal, informal and casual nights onboard Silver Muse with that of the rest of the fleet.

Additionally, to offer an enhanced restaurant experience, we are increasing the seating capacity and changing Atlantide to an open-seating restaurant with no reservations required. This will allow more guests to enjoy this restaurant during their voyage. Indochine will also become an open-seating restaurant with no reservations required and we are transforming the menu introducing a broader, international culinary palate.

The above mentioned changes will be implemented beginning with voyage 6721 which departs on 13 October 2017.

Throughout the summer months, we will be separating the Dolce Vita main bar area to create a smaller, more intimate space for guests to enjoy.This change will be occurring during a voyage however, it will not cause disruption to the voyage experience.

We are committed to continue delivering the best voyage for our guests.It is because of our guest feedback that we are implementing these changes and apologise that some of our innovations were not met with universal approval.

As a valued guest of Silversea who sailed aboard Silver Muse during her first 6 months of service, we are pleased to extend to you a special offer. As a token of appreciation, we are offering you $500USD shipboard credit on selected future Silver Muse* voyages. This credit can be used for your purchases onboard including a treatment at the spa, gifts at the boutique or an excursion.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your observations as well as your support.

We look forward to welcoming you back onboard soon.

Sincerely yours,

Silversea Guest Relations Team

*Terms& Conditions: Valid on voyages6718;6721;6723;6801;6802;6803;6804;6805;6806;6810;6811;6824;6833;6834 onbookings confirmed before 30 Nov 2017. Offer may be combined with another one of our existing promotions using our maximum two offers per booking rule; US$500 shipboard credit per suite regardless of number of guests in the suite. The promotion is capacity controlled and can be removed at any time".