Food for thought about thread responses

Realize that while many have good intentions posting responses on CC, everyone's answers are based on their own perception of their own personal experience. Just as one person can state they were on a specific cruise on a specific date and had a horrible experience, someone on the exact same cruise will have had the best experience. Some will also have an agenda, i.e. the thing you have a question on is wrong, or it is perfectly acceptable. Just remember that Carnival has the right to make exceptions or enforce policy as they see fit. Therefore while some may vehemently state something is not allowed, an exception may be made, or something isn't a problem, an example may be made. Your best source of information prior to cruising is the cruise line site itself, or customer service for the cruise line. Other than that, after cruising, you will have your own perception and personal experience to draw on.

That being said, if your worried about having your vacation interrupted by any carelessness on your part, don't travel with a warrant out on your arrest, attend the mustard drill, and make sure you keep your head about you on and off the ship while on vacation.

Pretty much common sense!

Oh, and don't let others on this board frighten you away from having a great cruise in your perception and your experience.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

Have learned whose responses are more balanced than others while being a member.

Discount opinions of people who always say the cruise lines are perfect and those that think everything is terrible.

True, and there's always the "ignore list" for those members that are habitually discourteous.

Realize that while many have good intentions posting responses on CC, everyone's answers are based on their own perception of their own personal experience. Just as one person can state they were on a specific cruise on a specific date and had a horrible experience, someone on the exact same cruise will have had the best experience. Some will also have an agenda, i.e. the thing you have a question on is wrong, or it is perfectly acceptable. Just remember that Carnival has the right to make exceptions or enforce policy as they see fit. Therefore while some may vehemently state something is not allowed, an exception may be made, or something isn't a problem, an example may be made. Your best source of information prior to cruising is the cruise line site itself, or customer service for the cruise line. Other than that, after cruising, you will have your own perception and personal experience to draw on.

That being said, if your worried about having your vacation interrupted by any carelessness on your part, don't travel with a warrant out on your arrest, attend the mustard drill, and make sure you keep your head about you on and off the ship while on vacation.

Pretty much common sense!

Oh, and don't let others on this board frighten you away from having a great cruise in your perception and your experience.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

I guess I missed the point of your post.

If I understand the OP's post, and I am not sure I do, there are various scenarios I see. The following are but a tip of the iceberg.

I have read and understand the rules but for a myriad of possible reasons would like assurance from somebody that my circumstance is so special that the rules shouldn't apply. Seeking approval . , .

I have read the rules but am not quite sure how they apply to my situation. Help please . . .

Here's my question, and no I haven't bothered to check Carnival's rules. Someone help . . .

Is xyz worth it? Like anyone else could know what the poster values.

What is your experience with xyz?

There is no way to categorize responses to any of the above. If all opinions and responses aren't welcome, assuming no personal attacks, what is the purpose of a public forum?

What exactly is the point of the OP's post?

I have never put anyone on ignore. I have never reported a single post. I laugh at the posts that exhibit Carnival can do no wrong, Carnival can do nothing right. I have learned a lot from lurking and reading. For me this forum is working.

It seems that some come to the board for validation. Some come to the board for information. Some come to the board to stir the pot. The results can end in misinformation and hurt feelings. So the point of this thread is to think about what I said so anyone who isn't aware of these variables will become aware of them and hopefully figure out what's best for them and not get hurt feelings in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is xyz worth it?

Yes, xyz is worth it! My experience with xyz has been fantastic. They have been the best last 3 letters of the alphabet since I've known them. AND they aren't as nearly snooty as rst! Please, don't get me started on them! ;p

Ok, so the OP goes and gets the prize for the race he ran while on vacation. Therefore they are really going to cook a great meal for all of us. Needless to say, I have and always will be your friend...

To my surprise you have a choice to make. Cold or hot? While I can see the point you still can't oversea my desire to do what is right. What will happen to us if we all cut the line? So many choices. What will we think of it?

Are those flowers to wilted to enjoy, or are we so confused by words that incoherent gibberish becomes a lucid read?

Who will forever be me our key holders at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is xyz worth it?

Yes, xyz is worth it! My experience with xyz has been fantastic. They have been the best last 3 letters of the alphabet since I've known them. AND they aren't as nearly snooty as rst! Please, don't get me started on them! ;p

Sorry but xyz is highly overrated. They should be charged rent for taking up space in the alphabet.

I agree with you on rst but surely you realize they are on a mission to appear in 88% of English words. Afraid we're going to have to live with them or take our money elsewhere.

I got it. If you are a cheerleader, and constantly cheer for Carnival, than you should always be listened to. But if you went on 4 cruises with Carnival, where the cruises got progressively worse, to the point, that you became totally disgusted, and like to share those experiences with others, than you should "ignore" that person, because they are always wrong.

But if you continue to read the same bad reviews from multiple different people, you should still pick Carnival, and form your own opinion because the cheerleaders love the ship, and the party atmosphere, and lack of services provided.

I got it. If you are a cheerleader, and constantly cheer for Carnival, than you should always be listened to. But if you went on 4 cruises with Carnival, where the cruises got progressively worse, to the point, that you became totally disgusted, and like to share those experiences with others, than you should "ignore" that person, because they are always wrong.

But if you continue to read the same bad reviews from multiple different people, you should still pick Carnival, and form your own opinion because the cheerleaders love the ship, and the party atmosphere, and lack of services provided.

When was the last time you sailed with Carnival? 7 years ago? That's a lifetime in the industry. Yes, you can read reviews and find the same complaints that you had when were still sailing with Carnival, but the same can be said about any line because bad reviews happen. I've only sailed on Carnival twice, separated by 4 years and Carnival gave us a good value for our vacation dollar both times. Was everything perfect? By no means. Have there been changes? Yep. But as long as Carnival is still giving us a good value for our vacation dollar we'll continue to sail them.

That's not what I understood, but that's fine because THAT'S the point-- "everyone's answers are based on their own perception of their own personal experience." No two experiences and understandings are exactly the same. Take what you can/want for reading someone else's experience, go to the source for facts (and note that exceptions may be made for you), and use common sense to help form your own experience!

~Profile Says Everything~

I prefer balanced and impartial reviews. Someone who loves the cruise lines and will accept anything that happens is someone whose reviews I will take with a grain of salt or perhaps two.

In revisiting this thread I've noticed several references to "ignore" and since I'm the one who mentioned it initially, I will clarify. I do not and will not place members on the ignore list who post negative reviews or opinions with which I do not agree. Opinions are varied and to be taken for their worth and I'm sure there are people who have disagreed with my opinions. I do however "ignore" members who've demonstrated continually rude, arrogant, condescending and discourteous behavior toward myself or other members. Comments from those individuals I do not wish to see so I don't.

Perhaps I took this thread a bit off track with that ignore comment and for that I apologize. :)

Sorry but xyz is highly overrated. They should be charged rent for taking up space in the alphabet.

I agree with you on rst but surely you realize they are on a mission to appear in 88% of English words. Afraid we're going to have to live with them or take our money elsewhere.

I'm sorry but I use the alphabet daily and I often am in need of xy and z. I use all 3 of them. If they were to do away with them or charge extra for them I would completely stop using the alphabet altogether and use symbols or some other non-English system.

In revisiting this thread I've noticed several references to "ignore" and since I'm the one who mentioned it initially, I will clarify. I do not and will not place members on the ignore list who post negative reviews or opinions with which I do not agree. Opinions are varied and to be taken for their worth and I'm sure there are people who have disagreed with my opinions. I do however "ignore" members who've demonstrated continually rude, arrogant, condescending and discourteous behavior toward myself or other members. Comments from those individuals I do not wish to see so I don't.

Perhaps I took this thread a bit off track with that ignore comment and for that I apologize. :)

No apology necessary. I'm not sure yet what the point of this thread is or how any of us would know whether it is on or off track.

Happy sailing.

I'm sorry but I use the alphabet daily and I often am in need of xy and z. I use all 3 of them. If they were to do away with them or charge extra for them I would completely stop using the alphabet altogether and use symbols or some other non-English system.

Maybe y earns its keep. Now c is a different story altogether. Hard to think of a circumstance where s or k couldn't easily replace it.

For example, sirkumstanse. I am thinking of boycotting c.

We must keep f and t because I really don't want to sail without FTTF.

I am upset that I always go to the mustard drill and there is never any mustard. In fact, there are never any condiments of any kind.

Maybe worse than that, even if there were condiments, there's nothing served to put those condiments on if they were available...

Maybe worse than that, even if there were condiments, there's nothing served to put those condiments on if they were available...

You haven't had a mustard station drill near the Sea Dogs on the Magic or Breeze apparently. So convenient :)

seadogs-1.jpg

You haven't had a mustard station drill near the Sea Dogs on the Magic or Breeze apparently. So convenient :)

seadogs-1.jpg

LOL!! been on those ships, but not a mustard station near Sea Dogs....this may guide me to cabin selection next time I sail those ships...

LOL!! been on those ships, but not a mustard station near Sea Dogs....this may guide me to cabin selection next time I sail those ships...

Let's petition for Sea Dogs at every mustard station across the fleet. It will take corporate time to ketchup to all the ships but it will be worth it to increase guest satisfaction and encourage repeat business. I relish the thought.

seadogs-2.jpg