Yet another itinerary change !

sidari

Once again the powers that be at MSC have it seems sneakily changed the itinerary for the Preziosa 6th of September sailing without bothering to inform booked guests regarding the port stop of Hamburg in Germany!

Two people on the Roll Call spotted the change when they logged in to their bookings within the last day or so, I find it hard to believe the ships overnight stop from 1700 on the 9th to 1800 on the 10th would be turned into a sail into and out of the port of Hamburg .... :mad:

*Information subject to change as a consequence of final berth or anchorage effective availability.

On Sept 9th, 2017 the vessel will not dock at Hamburg port. Special disembarkation will not be allowed.

Wouldn't MSC usually have people embarking at Hamburg?

Very strange you weren't notified of the change. We received one in Jan 2016 when they pulled Tunis from our Meraviglia cruise itinerary. This is really poor form on MSC's part.

You mention "yet again", Dave. Had the itinerary on this sailing been changed before?

As to the "*Information subject to change as a consequence of final berth or anchorage effective availability." Does this mean that it may be re-instated if a berth becomes available? How come there isn't one booked, already? This bit makes no sense.

According to this website

http://www.hamburgcruisecenter.eu/en/estimated-ships

Preziosa will not arrive at the port until 23.45 pm instead of 5 pm on the 9th September! which means everyone misses the festivities of the Hamburg Carnival and the Firework display.

Thanks MSC ... :mad:

Have you spoken to our mutual friend about this situation?

I'm still awaiting a response from last week!

Hi Bea ... Still waiting on a response so have just re e mailed because it appears there are other changes, the Port of Southampton site shows the Departure delayed to 8 pm instead of 6 pm.

The Hamburg Port site shows the ship arriving at 23.45 pm on the 9th which means everyone misses the City Celebrations and Firework display by not arriving at 5 pm.

The Port of Zeebrugge cruise ship Crew Centre site shows no call !

Bea ... I was referring to the three changes made to the Seaside in December and the one they changed after final payment on the first Divina TA.

Hi Sidari,

Am curious as to what the changes to the Seaside in December were (apart from their new Island) as we have booked the Seaside for 19 May 18.

Many thanks

Geoff

Two people on the Roll Call spotted the change when they logged in to their bookings within the last day or so...........

I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's just that the UK system is different, but I can't see on my booking how to find out if the itinerary is the same as when I booked. :confused: I can see a map of the route, but not the arrival/departure times or how long we'll be in ports.

If you click on the Itinerary once you have got the sailing up and details of the cruise, it should have the list of ports and arrival/ departure times.

At the bottom of ours it says the ship will not be docking on the 9th September so it is no longer an overnight in Hamburg.

Had a response from our friend who says they know about the change but so far have no details because the Left Hand has not told the Right Hand what has changed and how the cruise will be altered at this late stage !

Not back in now until Monday morning .

This happened to us on the Divina in June. All our documents had one time, we got on the ship and found out it was completely different. Our travel agent has spoken to MSC booking several times and they claim the time wasn't changed yet the service desk people insisted our time "had been changed for 6 months". Very very frustrating.

Some time ago Preziosa was slated to join the parade of ships, 7 in total for the Port of Hamburg Celebrations on the 9th of September. It seems that MSC decided not to inform guests of this.

MSC chose to leave it until after final payment once again to change the Itinerary online but not to inform customers that the overnight in Hamburg would be cancelled.

So far two other people on the roll call who have contacted MSC have now had a response confirming that Preziosa will not be docking on the 9 th and will be joining the ship parade out of Hamburg!

They have also Failed to inform guests of what will be happening from the time the ship leaves Amsterdam at 5 pm on the 8th until the ship returns to Hamburg on the 10th.

More underhand tactics from the senior management.

Geoff and Louise ... will have to check to see if we still have the original Itinerary, I know that St Thomas was one but has been removed altogether.

If you click on the Itinerary once you have got the sailing up and details of the cruise, it should have the list of ports and arrival/ departure times.

At the bottom of ours it says the ship will not be docking on the 9th September so it is no longer an overnight in Hamburg.

I just had a look on the Ireland website, Dave, and I see what you mean.

That is crazy, in the extreme! How are you supposed to plan your holiday time with this scenario? :confused: MSC really has questions to answer on this one - I've never seen anything this bad, before (and I've experienced quite a few issues since I started cruising).

Sure, a port can be missed due to bad weather, an act of terrorism, etc. But this doesn't seem to have any logistical reasons - other than the Port Authorities maybe cocked-up in not accounting for Preziosa's visit? That's highly unlikely. But it's hard to come up with any kind of reasonable explanation for this.

Remember the First line of this reply received today by one of the people on the Roll Call.

"The Cruise Ship Schedule is strictly provisional and is subject to alterations, my system tells me that the ship will be in dock until 18:00 and having been a passenger several times, there has been no variation we base all flights and transfers to these times. (ABP Ports Southampton have the ship Departure at 20.00 hours )

The ship will not be berthed in the port on the 9th , (Hamburg) you will be in the waters directly opposite the port, the ship will be docking on the 10th and as soon as it has been safely moored and the ship has the ok from immigration" was the reply about the time in Hamburg. (Preziosa is supposed to take part in the parade of ships at around 21.00 hours)

We have a cruise booked for April leaving out of Naples on the Armonia and now its disappeared all together! I've called multiple times trying to find out but have only been told there is an itinerary change. It's been over a month and no change. I'm beginning to be concerned that this cruise is cancelled but MSC is not telling us.