Something odd happened...

TMaine

We are a little over a month out from our next cruise. Cruise has been booked for months, and paid in full. Then I suddenly received a credit on my credit card from Celebrity for $205. Certainly not the cost of the cruise or any single part of it so I contacted my TA to see what was going on. Coincidentally, when I log into Celebrity's website and go to manage my reservation, it tells me that I need to provide more information but does not allow me to do this. The TA calls =X= and they tell him that someone (it was me) got in there and added that it was our anniversary therefore they are refunding our prepaid gratuities (one of the perks we choose) and then we would have to pay for them again. The gratuities were $297... None of this makes any sense to me whatsoever so I have made it clear to the TA that I need actual answers. Anyone have anything like this happen?

We are a little over a month out from our next cruise. Cruise has been booked for months, and paid in full. Then I suddenly received a credit on my credit card from Celebrity for $205. Certainly not the cost of the cruise or any single part of it so I contacted my TA to see what was going on. Coincidentally, when I log into Celebrity's website and go to manage my reservation, it tells me that I need to provide more information but does not allow me to do this. The TA calls =X= and they tell him that someone (it was me) got in there and added that it was our anniversary therefore they are refunding our prepaid gratuities (one of the perks we choose) and then we would have to pay for them again. The gratuities were $297... None of this makes any sense to me whatsoever so I have made it clear to the TA that I need actual answers. Anyone have anything like this happen?

I am fairly sure that the "info needed to make changes" message occurs because a TA has the reservation, so all changes must come from the TA. I see the same thing on all three of my reservations with Celebrity. Wondering how you were able to make the anniversary notification on your reservation if you weren't allowed to make changes? Did you call it in or is that a change you can make online?

I agree with Orator that the gratuity shouldn't have anything to do with your anniversary being noted in the reservation. We are sailing on our anniversary (which was noted in the reservation by our TA) and haven't had anything similar happen. Hopefully your TA can chase this down.

I am fairly sure that the "info needed to make changes" message occurs because a TA has the reservation, so all changes must come from the TA. I see the same thing on all three of my reservations with Celebrity. Wondering how you were able to make the anniversary notification on your reservation if you weren't allowed to make changes? Did you call it in or is that a change you can make online?

I agree with Orator that the gratuity shouldn't have anything to do with your anniversary being noted in the reservation. We are sailing on our anniversary (which was noted in the reservation by our TA) and haven't had anything similar happen. Hopefully your TA can chase this down.

I added it online. I have already done online check in and printed my boarding papers. I can't imagine that has anything to do with it either. I tried to look at shore excursions and the cruise planner section and that is where I get the must add information to proceed message.

LOL I just booked Silhouette and pay the deposit, I have also added the date of our anniversary in the extras. The reservation is through a TA and with the Promotion go better (free gratuities) & $200 summer discount. Maybe the anniversary registration was done before deposit applied. With Eclipse reservation I can not add the anniversary.

Similar thing happened to me. The credit was for travel insurance. They automatically add it your booking. Since I used Allianz instead of the Celebrity insurance, I got my credit about one month before departure date.

So I got a refund for 188. celebrity couldn't explain it to me, told me to call my TA. They didn't know what it was. After seeing these posts, I called celebrity and asked if it showed that I had prepaid my gratuities. they said no. I called my TA They called celebrity and they said I "Cancelled" them Well of course I didn't. But low and behold, they have gone up by fifty cents a day, so now I need to pay more. Hmmmmm?

So I got a refund for 188. celebrity couldn't explain it to me, told me to call my TA. They didn't know what it was. After seeing these posts, I called celebrity and asked if it showed that I had prepaid my gratuities. they said no. I called my TA They called celebrity and they said I "Cancelled" them Well of course I didn't. But low and behold, they have gone up by fifty cents a day, so now I need to pay more. Hmmmmm?[/quote

Were the prepaid grats part of your original booking with the TA. If so then Celebrity shouldn't let you cancel them without doing it via the TA. This to me is a bug in their website and they should reinstate the grats for your original $188. Your TA should be fighting this for you.

So I got a refund for 188. celebrity couldn't explain it to me, told me to call my TA. They didn't know what it was. After seeing these posts, I called celebrity and asked if it showed that I had prepaid my gratuities. they said no. I called my TA They called celebrity and they said I "Cancelled" them Well of course I didn't. But low and behold, they have gone up by fifty cents a day, so now I need to pay more. Hmmmmm?[/quote

Were the prepaid grats part of your original booking with the TA. If so then Celebrity shouldn't let you cancel them without doing it via the TA. This to me is a bug in their website and they should reinstate the grats for your original $188. Your TA should be fighting this for you.

No I just paid them through my TA

No I just paid them through my TA

Then the stand you should take with your TA is that you didn't cancel them and they need to get them reinstated. You shouldn't be able to directly manage your reservation without going through your TA.

Your TA needs to straighten this out for you with no more $$ out of your pocket (other than charging the $188 again).

This is apparently what happened: I had logged into my account through Celebrity and to Manage my Reservation and somewhere there's a glitch in the system that assumed I wanted to cancel the prepaid gratuities. I received $205 credit while the TA got the balance. It was apparently noticed immediately and corrected on Celebrity's end. The TA gets charged by Celebrity for the balance.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Forums mobile app