Distance from cruise port to Normandy beaches

Jaylie

We are looking at the Sapphire European Explorer cruise in October 2018. I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask this question, but I'm wondering how far it is from where the ship docks to the Normandy Beaches and American Cemetery excursion. It looks like over a 2-hour bus ride each way. If this was an excursion on a River cruise, would the trip be shorter? I don't know if my husband can comfortably handle that long of a bus trip (motion sickness issues). Thanks.

The times mentioned are consistent with what we have researched. The travel there will be filled with narration and not sure what is on the way back. We are very interested in this excursion to Normandy. So much history and importance to the outcome of the war.

A couple of hours seems like a lot, but the trip to Paris from LeHarve is much longer.

We are looking at the Sapphire European Explorer cruise in October 2018. I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask this question, but I'm wondering how far it is from where the ship docks to the Normandy Beaches and American Cemetery excursion. It looks like over a 2-hour bus ride each way. If this was an excursion on a River cruise, would the trip be shorter? I don't know if my husband can comfortably handle that long of a bus trip (motion sickness issues). Thanks.

Try joining your CC roll call for this cruise and see if someone is organizing a private tour. It could be more comfortable for you and less expensive.

Agree with Spyro. A shared private tour with members of your roll call will be the best way to see the beaches. You'll get there faster, have more flexibility and see more. Plus, you'll get to meet some of your fellow cruisers and believe me, it's a lot easier traveling with 4-8 more people than a whole busload. There's always someone in the large groups that comes back to the bus late, making everyone else wait just for them.