How does Royal Caribbean stay in business

Worst website ever ! The only way I can check prices is on my Samsung tablet .

I have problems when I have the privacy add-ons enabled, but if I turn them off and use private browsing mode (clears cache and cookies every time the brower exits), I seem to have better luck.

But is there a compelling reason to do so?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The largest expense Royal breaks out in their financials is Transportation & Commissions. Much of that goes to TA's. They spend over 15% of revenue on this category vs 10% on payroll and under 6% on food. If their website functioned better more customers would book direct and cut out the middle man. Imagine how much money they'd save.

The largest expense Royal breaks out in their financials is Transportation & Commissions. Much of that goes to TA's. They spend over 15% of revenue on this category vs 10% on payroll and under 6% on food. If their website functioned better more customers would book direct and cut out the middle man. Imagine how much money they'd save.

But I think they are happy with that. As someone said earlier, they specialize in providing an experience after the sale

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I had website issues that lasted 2 weeks, very frustrating. I use IE, Chrome, Incognito, erased cookies, ate cookies you name it and nothing worked. Then I week later I tried again and now it works fine. FYI, I was advised to actually log out of the site instead of just closing the window in the future.

Donna

FYI, I was advised to actually log out of the site instead of just closing the window in the future.
This was news to me. I was having trouble for weeks with Carnival's website and what finally fixed it was clearing my cache but selecting "Cookies and other site data" and "Hosted app data" along with "Cached images and files." Clearly they're building important bits of the website functionality into these other client data and so such data lingering after the website is changed will mess things up. We don't use these capabilities in our products, but we will begin doing so in a future planned release.

This was news to me.

That has been the case for a very long time - if you just close the window, you can't log back in until it times out - 20 minutes. If you exit using the provided exit link, you can log right back in.:cool:

I also found their website a little vague and not particulary clear sometimes. Its good in terms of giving you an idea of the itineries, what time you will dock etc but there is alot of guessing required. Planning first cruise with wife and we just spent over an hour trying to work out some of the deals they offer.