How does Royal Caribbean stay in business

I hope RC spends some of their profits on a more user friendly website.

I've been trying for over 30 minutes to research and plan a new cruise.

No matter what link I click on (find a cruise or book now or search by ship) on RC website the page comes up blank. I even signed in thinking that would help but it didn't.

It's so frustrating using their website.

My browser is Safari, I don't seem to have any issues with other websites.

For now I just give up.

Edited by starfish216

I've been trying for over 30 minutes to research and plan a new cruise.

No matter what link I click on (find a cruise or book now) on RC website the page comes up blank. I even signed in thinking that would help but it didn't.

It's so frustrating using their website.

Many of us use a travel agent website.

Yes, their site will definitely try one's patience. Clearing cookies helps temporarily; stealth mode accomplishes the same, as no stored cookies are used. The browser of choice doesn't seem to make much difference, as the various glitches strike them at one time or another.

Many of us use a travel agent website.

In the past I've used my travel agent (big box store) website since I know what month and where we wanted to travel.

This time around we're really flexible I wanted to see what all my options are for cruises leaving out of a specific port. They require a departure date and will only show cruise within two months of that date.

Wanting a longer window of browsing is what prompted me to go to RC website.

I hope RC spends some of their profits on a more user friendly website.
Folks say the same thing on the Carnival and Holland America forums, and probably on others as well that I'm not aware of. So to answer your question, the cruise lines stay in business because those that compete against each other offer pretty much the same experience, commensurate with the price they charge.

Sometimes I get the impression that all the cruise lines that we've worked with recently (again: Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Holland America, and Princess as well) are offering their own booking service and customer service because it is expected and some passengers insist on working directly with the cruise line, but that they all actually would prefer it if they could sub-contract that customer-facing aspect of the service to travel agents and such. The cruise lines' expertise is in building, deploying and operating fleets of cruise vessels, and in offering on-board accommodations, entertainment and other services. That's already a significant number of areas of expertise within an enterprise. There's not much money to be made, it seems, from having a perfect website that works perfectly for every browser on every internet connection, nor from being the person the passengers contact (sometimes repeatedly) over the months prior to a voyage.

I use IE and don't have many problems. I did have a problem this AM getting on CC and I was getting blank pages. Later got a message that there was a problem with CC web site. Waited 10 minutes and was finally able to get on. Gnomes are at work.

Safari works great on my iPhone, but I have the same problem as you on my iPad so I just use my iPhone or my home or work laptop. As a matter of fact when I log on with my iPad it says that I don't currently have any reservations when indeed I do in October. It only shows that on my iPad.

My ipad is Safari and I get the same thing, have for weeks if not longer. I just use my laptop when looking at their website. I do run into the same thing on a few other sites also.

It is frustrating, I certainly agree. 😡

Same here , also it does not work Chrome, I have an IPad 3, with wife's IPad Air 2/3 she has no problems

It is the machine not the website

RCL is having excellent quarter and year. The stock is high and will keep going up.

It's not just RCL site you will find many sites will not function properly. This might be because of plugins, ad blocker etc. Online marketers are getting smart and want you to remove any plugins that will cause the site to track your movement for analytics.

I usually access using incognito mode on Chrome without any plugins. It works fine.

The problem is with Safari and the way it handles mobile apps. A couple of weeks ago, trying to use the mobile app, I was given a message that says RCCL has stopped using that app and it will be updating and releasing at a later date. I have the same issue as you with Safari but none on Edge on my laptop.

Even when I go "incognito" I still can not pull up higher level suites.

ie The website shows RL/OL/SL available on Oasis class, but when you select it it gives me an error message saying the stateroom is not available and to choose a different selection. I try on various dates and ships to no avail. There is always an error message. I can see it on my ta site but not on Royals. I like to book on royals and transfer it to a TA because the TA charges 25.00 for price drops and I want to have a little cushion especially with all the sales changing constantly.