Southbound Alaska Cruise

GoProCruiser

Hi everyone!

I just booked a last minute Southbound Alaska cruise on the Noordam from August 20-27, 2017. This will be my fifth Alaska cruise but first time doing this route on HAL. My question is, the day after leaving Seward it is called a "sea day." When I've done the Southbound cruise on Princess, we stopped at Hubbard Glacier the second day and then Glacier Bay the third day. Does anyone know if I'll be seeing anything on that second day? Or will the ship be cruising out in open ocean? Thanks!

Here's the itinerary: Seward-Sea Day-Glacier Bay-Haines-Juneau-Ketchikan-Inside Passage-Vancouver

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have another question for you! Which nights are the formal nights? Thanks!!
Probably the night after your first sea day and the night after Juneau. And they're now "gala nights" instead of formal nights on HAL. Here's the description of gala nights from HAL's FAQ: "Gala Nights evoke the grand traditions of cruising as guests dress to impress for special events on board, including a five-course gourmet dinner in the Dining Room. For gentlemen, collared shirt and slacks are required in all fine dining restaurants. For ladies, dressy attire is appropriate, dresses skirts and slacks are all acceptable."

• 3 weeks later...