Pearl Suite Perks

tyry

Hi all, perhaps my search is not working correctly, but I could only find really old threads on this topic. Do suites (categories that start with an S) still get breakfast and lunch in Cagney's? We've only done the Haven on Getaway and not sure if the Haven this time it is worth twice the cost over the same type of room on the Pearl.

Thanks

Ty

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have only stayed in Haven on Getaway, but from what I've read in other posts- Suite categories with an S get all of the "Haven" perks of the H category rooms, just no access to the Haven pool and lounge areas. HTH!

That's correct.

We always sail in an Aft suite on Jewel class. Love the size and layout of the ships, and the butler and concierge always seem to have more time to get to know you. Unlike the mega ships, the added cost for the Haven is not worth it in my opinion. Also, aft views are amazing. One of the best bang for your buck categories at sea.

Are mini suites considered suites (MA or MB)? Do they have any "perks"? First time NCL cruiser asking. :)

Mini-suites are a misnomer, unfortunately. On NCL, there is nothing "suite" about them, other than the misleading category.

Consider them a "deluxe balcony" cabin instead.

I am always amazed on certain travel sites that list prices for Suites, starting at xxxxx. Sounds amazing and then you find out they are talking about Mini Suites. Don't get me wrong, love Mini Suites, just think of it as deluxe Balcony cabin with dividing curtain between bed and sofa. I would add that Aft Mini Suites on Jewel class ships have amazing views. :cool:

Hi all, perhaps my search is not working correctly, but I could only find really old threads on this topic. Do suites (categories that start with an S) still get breakfast and lunch in Cagney's? We've only done the Haven on Getaway and not sure if the Haven this time it is worth twice the cost over the same type of room on the Pearl.

Thanks

Ty

We LOVED our suite on the Pearl in March! The special dining for breakfast and lunch in Moderno was awesome!!! Here is my review-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/04/our-first-suite-experience-norwegian.html

Thank you all, I'm thinking we save a couple of grand and skip the Haven this time and settle for a plain "suite" :)

Excellent Choice!

You get all of the benefits of being in a Suite. The only think you don't get is access to the [very tiny] Havens courtyard. You will be invited to the Havens/Suites cocktail party. And full concierge service.

Mini-suites are a misnomer, unfortunately. On NCL, there is nothing "suite" about them, other than the misleading category.

Consider them a "deluxe balcony" cabin instead.

I am always amazed on certain travel sites that list prices for Suites, starting at xxxxx. Sounds amazing and then you find out they are talking about Mini Suites. Don't get me wrong, love Mini Suites, just think of it as deluxe Balcony cabin with dividing curtain between bed and sofa. I would add that Aft Mini Suites on Jewel class ships have amazing views. :cool:

Thanks. I don't even know what a "deluxe" balcony is. We have only cruise on Celebrity and Oceania and the balcony cabins are all about the same size and have a little sitting area so, it is really NCL that claims these to be mini suite.

So, there are no perks with these"min suites"....not even mini perks :) Thanks all.

Thanks. I don't even know what a "deluxe" balcony is. We have only cruise on Celebrity and Oceania and the balcony cabins are all about the same size and have a little sitting area so, it is really NCL that claims these to be mini suite.

So, there are no perks with these"min suites"....not even mini perks :) Thanks all.

There is no such thing as a "deluxe balcony". That is a term used by folks here to indicate the mini-site is NOT a suite but more like a normal balcony. It has a little bit more room, and a tub in most cases, and maybe a curtain that separates the sitting area from the bed. So, it is a balcony, with a bit more.

No extra perks at all. None.

Some other cruise lines have similar cabins.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to thank everyone for their responses, sounds like we will be very happy with booking the suite and not the Haven this time.

You will be very happy. I had an AFT Penthouse on the Pearl for a panama canal cruise last year. If Susannah is still the concierge, she is absolutely incredible. She was basically able to get anything done (including booking restaurants with no openings for us and moving set reservations). She really made it special for us.