help a first time brit out re tipping, airport, port.

dpws

Hi all I'm sailing on the ncl escape b2b 14th Oct, thanks to all the great tips and reviews on these boards I am well prepared and looking forward to the cruise.

A few questions that I would like answers to please,

On arrival midday at FLL airport terminal 4 we intend to get uber or lyft to our hotel in fll where do i meet the driver is it the upper or lower level commercial park place.

On arrival to the best western oceanside plus will my luggage get taken to my room what do i tip if so, note I don't need help with luggage just not sure if this is what happens.

Getting uber or lyft to miami cruise port what happens to my suitcases when we arrive at the terminal, i hear about porters, how do i know they are the correct ones, what do i tip.

Many thanks in advance

When you arrive to the hotel it is your choice. If you can handle the luggage then you can tell the bellman that you will take it yourself. Otherwise they will take it to your room for you. They will give you a receipt and you will turn it in at the desk and they will have the bell person bring it up for you. Tipping is personal but around $2.00 per bag is an average tip.

When you arrive to the port the driver will take your bags out of the vehicle and the driver will help to get a porter. For all of your checked baggage you will turn that over to the porter. You'll have tags on your luggage and just remind them what ship you are going on for peace of mind. Around $2.00 tip per bag and depending how many maybe round it up. (eg. two bags give them $5.00/ three bags maybe $10.00). Be sure to keep your hand luggage with you.

Keith

Uber should ask you to confirm your location - you should be out where the other cars are picking up passengers

Not sure if they have "bell hop" service at your hotel - if you do not need it just say no thanks and carry your bags to your room

The porters will take your checked luggage, which will eventually be delivered to your room by the ship's staff; they will be collecting bags where the Uber/Lyft driver drops you off. A couple of dollars per bag is a sufficient tip.

Welcome to the boards and have a great cruise! :cool:

Uber pickup at the airport is on level 1 where baggage claim is located. You head out to the commercial vehicle pickup area. I think for Terminal 4 the pickup is in the corner between Terminal 3 & 4.