princess booked me without my permission.. what the.....

luckyinpa

well using my new found information i placed a hold on for my trip. Deposit of 362.00 is due by August 7, 2017

so does that mean i have until monday nite or sunday nite at midnight.

i had no idea u could do this and its great info! it also shows you really do have to check inventory every day.

You have until the end of the day on Mon. Aug. 7th.

well using my new found information i placed a hold on for my trip. Deposit of 362.00 is due by August 7, 2017

so does that mean i have until monday nite or sunday nite at midnight.

i had no idea u could do this and its great info! it also shows you really do have to check inventory every day.

this is great. all the stars are aligning monday with info needed for/against the trip. so monday nite will be it

You may want to call Princess and ask how late on Monday that you can wait before calling to make the deposit payment.

i just signed up for newsletters yesterday. today i get email from one of their salesmen. i decided to write back for a quote for an upcoming sailing. she said they need a 2nd name in order to do that. i wrote back with a 2nd name

they sent me a full booking confirmation and choose a room for me and dining options and everything

what kind of shady crap is this. do they think they can bully someone into booking with them. i was gonna go with them unless my TA could give me perks but this has totally soured them to me.

this is what i asked for "What would your price be" and they go ahead and book me? ***!!!!

she got a nasty gram back for sure.

Did you give them a credit card or any money? If not, you are not booked.

OP requested a "quote" .

The only way for a valid quote is to hold an "option" that expiresonce no payment is posted .

It was not a "booking".

Imagine how upset the OP would be if he/she liked the deal , called back and it was gone ?

Good TA's also do this to all of the time and client may never know it .

Absolutely right. The TA must put a booking in to preserve the price he/she is quoting. Otherwise they will have irate customers who discover the available price in a couple of days isn't what was quoted.

We discovered this in a good way. We had asked for a quote for an entry class balcony Guarantee cabin on Emerald Princess, and to my surprise found that I had a booking number and more. Princess had immediately assigned us a coveted Caribe deck BA cabin (old system of classes). When I phoned the TA she explained the reason behind the booking hold, and was amazed at the great cabin assignment. Of course we completed the booking immediately with a deposit, and had a great cruise in a cabin that was five categories better than what we paid for.

A good TA will put a hold booking / option booking on a cabin when providing a quote.

... and, luckyinpa, our good TA is in Pennsylvania.

there is nothing on this booking confirmation to indicate this is the case. even if it is the case, writing back that this is XX dollars sure is the more professional way of doing it. not making an entire booking

This isn't that unusual. It is a "courtesy" to the customer, actually. It gives you a location you can look at on the ship and the cost. If all you want is a $$$ number you don't really get a good idea of what you are paying for. An xxx dollar amount, depending on the cruise line and ship can be very deceptive. A cabin in an undesirable location may be "cheap", but many times you get what you pay for. The courtesy booking will go away, as it is simply a "hold" for that cabin, within either 24 or 48 hours, depending on the cruise line.