Family Harbor no surcharge

skridge

Thought kids were charged a fee also?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked in the Family Harbor section of the vista (and soon the Horizon) Kids eat free from the kids menu in the pay restaurants.

If you booked in the Family Harbor section of the vista (and soon the Horizon) Kids eat free from the kids menu in the pay restaurants.

Loved the Family Harbor but I didn't feel this perk was anything. It's free off the kids menu which is the same type of items as the MDR. I would have liked if they had a scaled down version of the menu from the restaurant you were at.

It says on the Carnival website kids eat free in most of the specialty restaurants when staying in the Family Harbor. I want to know what most means. Which restaurants are not included.

My PVP told me it includes only restaurants that have a kids menu. So for instance the seafood shack has no kids menu so it is not included.

I appreciate the help. It looks like the steakhouse, Ji JI's, Capitano, Seafood Shack,and Bonsai Sushi do not have kids menus. I hope it is not correct that only the pay restaraunts with kids menus allow family harbor kids to eat free. Bait and Switch.:confused:

I appreciate the help. It looks like the steakhouse, Ji JI's, Capitano, Seafood Shack,and Bonsai Sushi do not have kids menus. I hope it is not correct that the pay restaraunts with kids menus allow family harbor kids to eat free. Bait and Switch.:confused:

I just called Carnival. All of the above minus seafood shack are included as kids eat free with an adult if you are booked in the family harbor. I think the kids have to eat off a kids menu that includes typical kids menu stuff (ie chicken nuggets kids pizza.) I have kids that love sushi and steak and Italian food. Oh well.:(

I just called Carnival. All of the above minus seafood shack are included as kids eat free with an adult if you are booked in the family harbor. I think the kids have to eat off a kids menu that includes typical kids menu stuff (ie chicken nuggets kids pizza.) I have kids that love sushi and steak and Italian food. Oh well.:(

Yes I was told they free all the sit down restaurants. So not the Seafood Shack.

From Carnival Website.

• "Kids (11 years of age and under) dine for free off the kids' menu in Fahrenheit 555, Cucina del Capitano, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen and Bonsai Sushi. Children must dine with an adult"

Yes I was told they free all the sit down restaurants. So not the Seafood Shack.

From Carnival Website.

• "Kids (11 years of age and under) dine for free off the kids' menu in Fahrenheit 555, Cucina del Capitano, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen and Bonsai Sushi. Children must dine with an adult"

When they announced that, I was great that saves me a bunch of money, I wont pay 35+ bucks for a meal as a upgrade to have a screaming brat next to me.

Sorry if this offends some, but I am like a unruly kid magnet any time I go out to dinner. I have selective hearing loss, so I can not carry on a conversation with my dining companions when a screaming brat is whaling across the room. It irritates me that the parents don't seem to care.

When they announced that, I was great that saves me a bunch of money, I wont pay 35+ bucks for a meal as a upgrade to have a screaming brat next to me.

Sorry if this offends some, but I am like a unruly kid magnet any time I go out to dinner. I have selective hearing loss, so I can not carry on a conversation with my dining companions when a screaming brat is whaling across the room. It irritates me that the parents don't seem to care.

You sound like a joy to be around in general. I love being lumped in with all of the bad parents out there. Not all kids are screaming brats. Just like not all parents don't care.

• Like 1

You sound like a joy to be around in general. I love being lumped in with all of the bad parents out there. Not all kids are screaming brats. Just like not all parents don't care.

Agreed!

The above poster is a bitter and unhappy person. Many children have good manners and know how to act in public. They get lumped into the same category as the brats no matter how well they behave. Posters like above are often just as annoying as the kids they hate so much. I'd say there's a good chance the poster was a wretched child and their boorish behavior didn't end when they become an adult!

• Like 2

Steak house does have a kids menu that is different from the MDR and while is child friendly, does offer a 4 oz filet. My DS had it and said it was the best steak he ever had. It was a true steakhouse steak - the same one they do with surf and turf. Best $10-15 we ever spent because now that he is 13 and has the appetite to match, he will happily have a family dinner there.

I am a little confused. If "kids menu" means chicken nuggets/pizza like MDR kids menu, wouldn't this be free for kids in the specialty restaurants with their parents anyways? If that's the case, how is this any sort of perk to advertise specific to Family Harbor? The way I would interpret it is that there would be restaurant specific kids menus that children could order from at no charge, if they are Family Harbor guests. Scaled down portion and offerings of the restaurants core items and theming. Does Carnival have these types of menus for kids in specialty restaurants?

I am a little confused. If "kids menu" means chicken nuggets/pizza like MDR kids menu, wouldn't this be free for kids in the specialty restaurants with their parents anyways? If that's the case, how is this any sort of perk to advertise specific to Family Harbor? The way I would interpret it is that there would be restaurant specific kids menus that children could order from at no charge, if they are Family Harbor guests. Scaled down portion and offerings of the restaurants core items and theming. Does Carnival have these types of menus for kids in specialty restaurants?

Very good point Maxwell. It would be a nonperk kind of perk. I hope it does mean that they can get a 4oz Filet or Fettuccine Alfredo at the Italian. Hopefully they have some sort of kids menu specific to each specialty restraunt. Unfortunately, they do not post the specialty restaurant kids menus online that I could find.:confused:

• 1 year later...

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the kids menu for the speciality restaurants?  I like to plan my reservations in advance and it will make a difference if there aren’t items on the menu that my kids will eat.  We are booked in the steakhouse for the first night and I’ve seen the kids menu for the steakhouse and I know they all have something on that menu that they will enjoy. Now I am also curious if they can order two entries like the 4 oz steak and the chicken tenders?  I have an 11 year old that eats like a man.  Thanks in advance for your help!

4 minutes ago, Annabanana1234 said:

I have an 11 year old that eats like a man.

I have a 10 YO grandson who resembles that remark!!!

As A&J Family mentioned, I know the steakhouse does have smaller portioned, kid-friendly items that are appropriate to the steakhouse, not just the kids menu from the MDR... I cannot confirm (but I will after June when we cruise with said grandson) but I've heard that in the Cucina del Capitano the kids menu is Italian, but kid-friendly- things like spaghetti & meatballs, specialty pizza etc.