Transportation From EWR To Sheraton Times Square/ Hotel to Brooklyn Cruise Port

Arizona Laura

Any recommendations for transportation from Newark Airport to Sheraton Hotel in Times Square?

Would need to manage 2-3 suitcases.

Also then taking us from Sheraton Hotel to Brooklyn Cruise Port. Any idea how far this is?

Thanks so much.

Laura

Any recommendations for transportation from Newark Airport to Sheraton Hotel in Times Square? Would need to manage 2-3 suitcases.

Also ... Sheraton Hotel to Brooklyn Cruise Port. Any idea how far this is? ...

We generally recommend, for those not opting for using mass transit with luggage - either Dial7 or Carmel, 2 of the largest fleet of car services serving the metro NY area, both of them have their own garage/holding & staging lot near the major airports (and, gas station - learned that during Sandy in 2012)

Taxi crossing state lines between NY & NJ will be more expensive due to approved special rates & need to charge for return trip; and, 2 way tolls, etc.

EWR to Sheraton TS is about 18 miles and I show a quick lookup fare on weekend for about $50 a 4 door sedan, or $60 for a minivan - after a digital discount of $3 or $4, add about $20 for tolls and 20% tips, about $80 to $92 (45 minutes to 90+ minutes, traffic permitting.)

TS to BCT is about 11 or 12 miles - Dial7 or Carmel can do that, quote fixed fares will be less + one toll, $8.50 for the tunnel. Weekend morning, should be 30 minutes via the tunnel route.

Both services have free mobile App to use, request pickup & track the dispatched driver/vehicle status & ETA for pickup - SMS will be send & driver typically will call when less than 5 minutes away ... never had to wait more than 10 minutes in total, unless we are not ready ourselves (i.e. still waiting for luggage) Plus we get airline mileage as a bonus.

Of course, hotel doorman can always hail a yellow taxi for you, it will be a metered fare + tolls, etc. Not a fan of Uber/Lyft except to use it as a last resort or when riding on client's account. :rolleyes:

Airport bus from EWR to Port Authority is $17/pp and leaves frequently from the arrivals level of each terminal. These buses have undercarriage luggage storage. From Port Authority it is a short cab ride to your hotel - under $10.

Thanks for information.

So I have to add 20.00 tolls from EWR to SheratonTS and then gratuity?

OK so basic would be 38.00 plus 8.00 tip and 20.00 tolls.

Think that is my best bet?

Would I save a considerable amount doing Uber?

Not interested in bus I don’t think.

Laura

I checked my mobile Carmel App and they can't beat/match that $38 fare quoted to you from EWR to Sheraton Times Square + tolls + tips. It would be at least $10 higher in lower category, a full size 4 door sedan with digital discount. Confirmed fare quotes are guaranteed & we've never been charged extra, traffic or otherwise ... sometimes, going to/from the cruise terminal in an upgraded luxury sedan or minivan, paying the lower/original rate.

As for Uber, I doubt it - their online fare estimator showing $45 to $53 on "X" and $58 to $69 for XL - and, I can't see that quote to include tolls. Keep in mind surge/congestion pricing might apply - resulting in higher fares. It's your money & digital wallet, of course.

I am also going to look for transportation for 10 from hotel in TS to cruise port. Transportation will add up in New York between uber/taxis, airport and cruise port.

Thanks again for all the help.

Laura

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transport for 10 from TS hotel to cruise port - if that's nearby MCT/Pier 88-90 (Princess, upcoming next month ??) - being a short ride over, just about a mile+ ... I would just split the group up into 3 taxis

Carmel has large van's that probably can squeeze all 10 + luggage in - but, it will cost more. Each taxi ride would be under $20 (maybe $15) with tipping, as long as everyone has reasonable luggage & can fit them all in.

Transport for 10 from TS hotel to cruise port - if that's nearby MCT/Pier 88-90 (Princess, upcoming next month ??) - being a short ride over, just about a mile+ ... I would just split the group up into 3 taxis

Carmel has large van's that probably can squeeze all 10 + luggage in - but, it will cost more. Each taxi ride would be under $20 (maybe $15) with tipping, as long as everyone has reasonable luggage & can fit them all in.

In the first post the OP said they were cruising from Brooklyn.

To get 10 people from the Times Square area to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, I would recommend hiring a large van from Carmel or Dial 7.

In the first post the OP said they were cruising from Brooklyn.

To get 10 people from the Times Square area to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, I would recommend hiring a large van from Carmel or Dial 7.

Oops, mine ... for being bad. Thanks for catching that !

Agreed that they should go Carmel or Dial 7 - did a quick lookup, 10 people + 10 pc. of luggage is over capacity for their large (full-size) van ... bus for up to 24 would be overkill & way too much. Two (2) minivan, 5 people & 5 pc. of luggage is okay, priced at $58 each + toll, take $3 digital coupon off - should come to about $63.50 + 20% tips, I rounded up to $75 total @ $15 p/p -

Smaller carry-on softsides & backpacks can ride inside the pax compartment or on laps if necessary ... packing & traveling light always help. Spinners with the wheels are often difficult to fit.