Changing Itineraries due to hurricanes/storms?

If they are going to change when do they usually do it? This storm forming off Africa has me nervous. We are on 9 night to Bermuda, Nassau, Cococay leaving next Thursday. I'm fine with some extra time in Bermuda ;)

Here's the 5 day from NOAA - even if it does form, it will be nowhere near Bermuda or even the Bahamas.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

Guess I'm reading it wrong, looks to me if it forms and stays on upper path it'll be direct Bahamas hit in about 10 days? If it heads North east as they do frequently then yes, towards east coast and open water (where the ship has to sail through to get from Bermuda to the Bahamas)

Several years ago we were notified of the itinerary change (Eastern to Western) as we were pulling out of port canaveral on Disney. A crazy scramble to reboot excursions but we went with the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were told after we pulled out of port. They don't tell you ahead of time. Unfortunately for us this was a huge downgrade in our trip. Always hoped if it happened again it would be a better not worse port change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year, we received a text the afternoon before telling us of changes. Years ago, when Labadee was a tender port, we were notified during the cruise via a letter in our stateroom and the captain over the loudspeaker. Better than getting stuck in a storm! In 2012 we were floating in Miami waters for 2 days because the ships couldn't dock in the storm.