Carnival Guest Care Don't Care!

_Bonnie_

OP, something seems off in your post. If you paid for a transfer, there will be a trail somewhere that would show what you paid for ?? Should be easy to find on your booking and or your contract copy, online. $107 for taxi Houston to Galveston, total of approximately 49 miles, is one heck of a bargain!! 5 passengers in a taxi with luggage for a 5 or 7 day cruise must have been a very bad ride.

no there is something wrong with thier computer system. i ordered and aid for 2 cases of water on my cruise and once on board they had no idea what i was talking about. I even had the order confirmation and they refused to acknowledge it, they sad maybe the computer sent the confirmation but it was never paid for. I got home and there was the charge on my credit card right next to the charge

:confused: Yes as I said in my post, Carnival will pay for the missed transfer Houston to Galveston...but nothing for my Taxi....Bargain or not, it was my hard earned money that they refuse to pay due to their mistake.

But you got your missed transfers refunded. You aren't really "out" anything as Carnival refunded the cost of what you prepaid for.

I don't know of ANY cruise line that will shuttle you from an airport, to an overnight hotel stay, and then to the pier for the next day's departure. Most chain hotels DO have their own free shuttles between terminals and their properties.

Wow are some of you ever judgmental! I hope you never make a mistake and then vent to someone about how you're treated! Bonnie admitted that she & her husband probably misunderstood, but she believed what she thought the Carnival rep told her... yes she's being made whole, and I suspect that her entire purpose in pursuing this in the first place was to get the apology, don't forget that Karen from Carnival TOLD HER to include the request for taxi refund.

I'm a terrible traveler- I plan everything out to the nth degree because I panic when things go wrong. So I understand how Bonnie felt. and to come here and be attacked the way some of you have, is just not fair! Maybe you don't agree, maybe you don't understand, but geez loueez- don't be so mean about it!!!!

To those of you who were just trying to understand, and perhaps to help, well good for you. But maybe next time try being a bit nicer to a newbie!

well said...this is a tough crowd!

Also very confused. Any Carnival transfer I have take is always $25 plus per person. So $107 out of pocket for 5 people should have been cheaper...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THIS^^^^^^

I can understand the frustration, but they were refunded the transfers at a higher cost than the cab ride. They should have to pay one way or the other. I don't understand the issue.

How can you expect there to be a shuttle when it's not even the day of your cruise?? That's on you... carnival shuttles are only good for the day of your cruise... there are plenty of other shuttle options in the Houston area that would have worked for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:confused: Yes as I said in my post, Carnival will pay for the missed transfer Houston to Galveston...but nothing for my Taxi....Bargain or not, it was my hard earned money that they refuse to pay due to their mistake.

How much did you pay for the transfer that was ultimately refunded? I don't think anyone is questioning that this is your "hard earned money", but whether you purchased a transfer (which like you said, you weren't going to originally any way) or a taxi, you would have had to pay SOMETHING. I think what most people are getting at is that you're asking for a refund of both and are upset because they're not paying for your taxi.

Oops! No. Of course not. I'm saying, do a chargeback on the Carnival transfer charge for the $107 taxi ride. Typically in a chargeback you can specify the amount. Also, you can give a description why...like "I purchased a transfer to Houston which wasn't provided and had to come out of pocket $107 for a taxi ride"

You can't request a "chargeback" for a service that was given like the taxi ride. If you give the credit card company incorrect information, like specifying a different amount, then it is FRAUD... plain and simple. Besides, for $107 it would be the credit card company that ends up losing that money because they won't pursue it.

Our flight arrived at 8:30, we waited by Baggage Claim / Ground Transportation as listed on our transfer paperwork...at 10:15 we started calling...

DING DING DING... we have a winner!!! Your flight arrived THE DAY BEFORE THE CRUISE... they don't offer cruise transportation to the hotel from the airport.

You can't request a "chargeback" for a service that was given like the taxi ride. If you give the credit card company incorrect information, like specifying a different amount, then it is FRAUD... plain and simple. Besides, for $107 it would be the credit card company that ends up losing that money because they won't pursue it.

Plus the transfer was already refunded so there's nothing to charge back. This was bad advice.

Wow are some of you ever judgmental! I hope you never make a mistake and then vent to someone about how you're treated! Bonnie admitted that she & her husband probably misunderstood, but she believed what she thought the Carnival rep told her... yes she's being made whole, and I suspect that her entire purpose in pursuing this in the first place was to get the apology, don't forget that Karen from Carnival TOLD HER to include the request for taxi refund.

I'm a terrible traveler- I plan everything out to the nth degree because I panic when things go wrong. So I understand how Bonnie felt. and to come here and be attacked the way some of you have, is just not fair! Maybe you don't agree, maybe you don't understand, but geez loueez- don't be so mean about it!!!!

To those of you who were just trying to understand, and perhaps to help, well good for you. But maybe next time try being a bit nicer to a newbie!

I haven't been on these boards for quite a while unless I'm researching a port because of the way some people act on here. Several people attacked this poor lady. Some even acted as if they deserved responses to their questions.

Personally, I think it was just a mix up for an inexperienced cruiser. She assumed what the rep was telling her was correct about the transfer the day before. (I could see my husband being completely oblivious and not doing his due diligence. Thank goodness he has me LOL) But I think the big problem came from the attitude of the supervisor. Do I think she deserved a refund for her taxi fare? No but I don't believe that Carnival is totally blameless.

Bonnie, if you come back to the these message boards, please understand that not everyone that cruises Carnival acts like the bullies on this thread. Some of us are actually very nice and helpful.

Surely she wouldn't go to the port the day before would she? I think they didn't make it back to the airport in time and that's why no one was there. Or maybe thought they would pick them up at the hotel? I have no idea. There's too much info missing. Don't they give you the details on the transfer when you purchase it?

Well, here we are 2+ days later and I think most everyone can agree that this was a case of misunderstanding on the part of a cruise novice and somewhat poor communication on the part of Carnival. It appears from the OP's comments she's done a "mea culpa" and is content with things. And guess what? You're still my best CC bud! ;)

Well, here we are 2+ days later and I think most everyone can agree that this was a case of misunderstanding on the part of a cruise novice and somewhat poor communication on the part of Carnival. It appears from the OP's comments she's done a "mea culpa" and is content with things. And guess what? You're still my best CC bud! ;)

Well, dang. That was a really old post of mine you quoted! LOL! That was before she and I had the conversation where I explained that transfers aren't for the day before, but the day of the cruise. And that if she would have gone back to the airport that morning, she would have indeed gotten her transfer to the ship as scheduled. What's sad is up until that point, she was convinced Carnival stood her up and that's why she was so upset. If that's what I thought too, then I can totally understand where she was coming from having the feeling that they abandoned them. Although I do think wanting the taxi fare and the shuttle cost both refunded was too much.

I agree there was some miscommunication along the lines. In all the excitement and newness of cruising it's easy to not understand things clearly on the phone. That's why there is paperwork. Everything is spelled out in writing. The transfer was to happen the day of the cruise, not the day before.

Don't worry, you're still one of my best buds on here too. I can't name a favorite because then I might hurt some other's feelings (Jimbo is particularly sensitive [emoji23]). Just know you're in the top tier [emoji3].

Here's what I found about transfers in Galveston:

Optional Transfers for Cruises from Galveston

This service is available on the day of embarkation and immediately following debarkation only.Houston Hobby Airport is 42 miles from the port and travel times is approximately 47 minutes (without traffic).Price for Optional Transfers

Transfers can be pre-purchased through Carnival up to 5 days prior to the sail date.

Houston Hobby Airport – HOU

• Pre-Purchase transfers: $37.00 USD One Way / $74.00 USD Roundtrip
  • Purchase at the Airport / Purchase Onboard: $37.00 USD One Way

Flight Guidelines

All ships (exluding sail dates below) - Boarding Time: 12:30pm-3:00pm / Ship Departure: 4:00pm

Carnival Freedom 10/28/17, 10/27/18, 1/19/19 - Boarding Time: 12:30pm-5:00pm / Ship Departure: 6:00pm

Carnival Breeze 9/16/18 - Boarding Time: 12:30pm-5:00pm / Ship Departure: 6:00pm

• Latest arrival flight into HOU before embarkation: 1:30pm
  • Earliest return flight out of HOU after debarkation: 1:30pm

Note: For guests who plan to use our transfer service on embarkation day but arrive independently day(s) prior to the cruise, read below for more information.

Day of Embarkation: Meet and Greet Service / Motor Coach Service / Purchase of Transfers

• Guests arriving at the airport that have pre-purchased transfers with Carnival are to proceed to the baggage claim area and claim their luggage where a Carnival Rep (carrying a CCL hand-held sign for visibility) will be located and able to assist guests with their transfer. At Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Carnival Reps can be located in Terminals A, B and C.
  • Transfer service start and end time are subject to change based on reported flight details on the transfer manifest. Service is provided between 10:00am and 1:30pm for flights into Houston Intercontinental Airport, or 2:00pm for flights into Houston Hobby Airport, on the day of embarkation only. Motor coaches depart the airport once an adequate number of guests have arrived, approximately every 20-30 minutes.
  • Transfer Provider: For those guests who have pre-purchased transfers, the Transfer company and telephone number is printed in the guest’s e-docs. Refer the guest to this telephone number if they are not able to locate a Carnival Rep.
  • One way transfers can be purchased at the airport while our Meet & Greet staff is onsite. The airport is staffed based on known flights reported on the transfer manifest. Once all known flights are met, staff is released and service is no longer available. The Carnival Rep will be located in the baggage claim area. Cash payment is not accepted; the transfers are charged directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign Account.
  • Guests who plan to use our transfer service on embarkation day but arrive independently day(s) prior to the cruise should arrive at the airport no later than 11:00am on embarkation day. Houston Intercontinental Airport location: Baggage Claim area, Terminal C / Houston Hobby Airport location: Main Baggage Claim area.

Well, dang. That was a really old post of mine you quoted! LOL! That was before she and I had the conversation where I explained that transfers aren't for the day before, but the day of the cruise. And that if she would have gone back to the airport that morning, she would have indeed gotten her transfer to the ship as scheduled. What's sad is up until that point, she was convinced Carnival stood her up and that's why she was so upset. If that's what I thought too, then I can totally understand where she was coming from having the feeling that they abandoned them. Although I do think wanting the taxi fare and the shuttle cost both refunded was too much.

I agree there was some miscommunication along the lines. In all the excitement and newness of cruising it's easy to not understand things clearly on the phone. That's why there is paperwork. Everything is spelled out in writing. The transfer was to happen the day of the cruise, not the day before.

Don't worry, you're still one of my best buds on here too. I can't name a favorite because then I might hurt some other's feelings (Jimbo is particularly sensitive [emoji23]). Just know you're in the top tier [emoji3].

Aw shucks ma'am...... ;)

correct...we were stranded at the airport :(
Ive never been stranded at the airport, theres always been rental cars OR buses OR cabs OR trams OR trains. Now tom hanks was stranded in the movie terminal. You would be married to tom hanks would you ?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk