Carnival Guest Care Don't Care!

_Bonnie_

next time you call somewhere with a complaint all you need to do at the beginning of the call is to tell them you are recording this call for future they will get a superviser right away

Thanks Gem, I hope it never happens again!!

Just wondering why the Online Community Gal suggested to ask for "refund" after the cruise, not while onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wondered that too, i kept all correspondence btween us copied & saved. Im baffled!

I hope Bonnie comes back, but from the thee parts of her post above, I read it like you loxley. She got a refund for the Carnival arranged transfer that never showed up, but wanted to get compensated for the cab fare as well. AJ, the $107 was the cab fare, not the cost of the original transfer that was refunded.

Correct Domino....Carnival will refund the transfer, but not the $107.00 taxi cab I had to pay to get to the port from the airport. Its not the money, its the fact that Carnival Guest Care, has no clue what Customer Service means..Because of their rude behavior, Myself and family will board other cruise lines, and they were okay with that. :eek:

Correct Domino....Carnival will refund the transfer, but not the $107.00 taxi cab I had to pay to get to the port from the airport. Its not the money, its the fact that Carnival Guest Care, has no clue what Customer Service means..Because of their rude behavior, Myself and family will board other cruise lines, and they were okay with that. :eek:

I could see refunding the difference (maybe) if the taxi cost more than the transfer, but it didn't. You still came out ahead.

This is really easy. If you paid for it with a credit card, do a chargeback. Have your credit card company work for you and do all the work.

I do what you do and always give the company who f'd up a chance to right their wrong. If they don't, they had their chance and I escalate it to my credit card company and don't lose another second thinking about it.

Thanks for the info !

I've never cruised out of Galveston, but in Miami they have an area where the shuttle bus loads up. Were you not in the correct area or what happened that you missed the bus? You should have had your paperwork to show them that you already paid for the transfer. I'm sure you weren't the only family that signed up for that service.

Don't know what happened with the transfers you arranged. However, you were refunded the money you paid. The idea is to make you whole - not for you to profit. You are owed an apology since clearly somewhere Carnival messed up, and the money back for the transfers you didn't use. Not understanding why you think you should also get the taxi fare. You wouldn't have transferred for free anyway. Not sure why you're trying to make that the case by expecting two refunds. I always thought Carnival transfers were for the day of anyway, but I've never taken them so maybe not.

I guess I was putting a price on my inconvenience and helpless feeling of being stranded and the fact that Karen, said to include the taxi fare.

We are being refunded 74.00 ..haven't received it yet.

Hou to Gal. we used the Gal back to Hou

My granddaughter flew with us down there. her's will also be refunded. My daughter and her fiance (drove down to Galveston) so there were 3 of us in the Taxi and no luggage.

Sorry for the lack of info in my original post. yes Im a newbie, no clue what OP and TS are...hoping they're not derogatory initials...

So your going to tell us that Carnival did not have an agent at your baggage claim? [emoji848][emoji225][emoji226][emoji228][emoji225]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

correct...we were stranded at the airport :(

:confused: Yes as I said in my post, Carnival will pay for the missed transfer Houston to Galveston...but nothing for my Taxi....Bargain or not, it was my hard earned money that they refuse to pay due to their mistake.

I still don't get your problem, you would have to pay to get to the port whether by transfer or taxi. The transfer didn't happen and you were reimbursed for that. You didn't lose any money that you would not have had to pay out one way or the other.

Carnival does not owe you for transportation that you would have needed regardless, unless you planned on walking to the port.

I understand you are upset with Carnival but a refund on their charges are what is appropriate- and perhaps the $33 difference between the two.

I have had many companies provide poor customer service at one time or another but I do not boycott them over one incident, especially when they did refund their charges. Yes, you were inconvenienced. But that happens. If you had a good cruise, you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.

If you wish to chose another cruise line over this that is well within your power. But I suggest you look at a much more high end line with more 4 or 5 star service level. You will find similar tales of woe on RCI or NC if you search their boards.

I guess I was putting a price on my inconvenience and helpless feeling of being stranded and the fact that Karen, said to include the taxi fare.

We are being refunded 74.00 ..haven't received it yet.

Hou to Gal. we used the Gal back to Hou

My granddaughter flew with us down there. her's will also be refunded. My daughter and her fiance (drove down to Galveston) so there were 3 of us in the Taxi and no luggage.

Sorry for the lack of info in my original post. yes Im a newbie, no clue what OP and TS are...hoping they're not derogatory initials...

OP means "original poster", ie first person who posted this thread. Sorry, offhand not sure what TS means. LOL> I have been on Cruise Critic since 2007 but still dont know what all the the abbreviations mean. but here goes.

DH, dear husband, DW dear wife. DD dear daughter, DS dear son. MDR main dining room. That is all I can think of at this time LOL. so many more though.

Bonnie...on a side note. I think, that the cruise line transfers are not always the best deal. I have used them in the past, but usually only on debarkation day, from ship to airport. Has worked ok, but have also found that there are better ways to do this now, for example Uber.

Hope you had a decent cruise regardless of this mess up.

Without the OP coming back to respond to the question I asked in post # 41, it's my guess that they arrived later in the day when the shuttle was no longer operating and that's why there weren't any agents or shuttle busses. Or they didn't know where to go to meet them and just thought they would pull up out front by where the hotel shuttles are. Otherwise, there would have been others around waiting as well. Again, this is pure speculation without further clarification.

OP means "original poster", ie first person who posted this thread. Sorry, offhand not sure what TS means. LOL> I have been on Cruise Critic since 2007 but still dont know what all the the abbreviations mean. but here goes.

DH, dear husband, DW dear wife. DD dear daughter, DS dear son. MDR main dining room. That is all I can think of at this time LOL. so many more though.

Bonnie...on a side note. I think, that the cruise line transfers are not always the best deal. I have used them in the past, but usually only on debarkation day, from ship to airport. Has worked ok, but have also found that there are better ways to do this now, for example Uber.

TS is the acronym for "thread starter", pretty much the same thing as OP. ;)

correct...we were stranded at the airport :(

Stranded at the airport? I think that's a tad bit melodramatic. You're full grown. You managed to get where you needed to be. Mistakes happen. They reimbursed you for the service you were not provided. If everyone expected to be compensated for every little inconvenience we may experience, the cost of cruising would become prohibitive. I'm sure you were frustrated. I would have felt frustrated, too. But life is way more enjoyable when you can let this kind of thing go. Hopefully it was a pleasant vacation with your family. Don't let this be the most memorable part of it. Enjoy life.

I think TS might mean Thread Starter? Not an abbreviation used on this forum. EM

Bonnie, I certainly understand your frustration. In all honesty, the only way Carnival would offer you any more money would be as a form of compensation for your inconvenience, which is what I think you are asking for. As someone who deals on the other side of these issues at a corporate level, not a call center level, I would suggest that you document the entirety of your story, and include the stress it put on your family. Be very clear that you have been inconvenienced, and that you suffered emotionally as a result of the mistake. Directly state, them giving you back the transportation fee is simply an accounting function, and in no way compensates you for the problem their negligence caused. Then use google to get an email address of individuals above the normal "I care" personnel. You are asking them for inconvenience money. No one in the normal customer relations area would be allowed to do this, including the managers. Getting the cash back is a real long shot, they might give you some kind of credit on a future cruise, they may simply repeat that they are sorry for the inconvenience but their policy is to simply refund the money you gave them.

The ultimate solution is the one you have made. Move on to another company, if it continues to bother you. I personally think what they did was reasonable for what was a mistake. It would not cause me to stop using them, but that does not mean you have to agree. It is your right to let people know what happened, and take the action you find appropriate. Glad you still enjoyed the cruise, and good luck.