Chops Restaurant - Poor Food

I don't think I could ever pay 30$ pp for a specialty restaurant. Unless we had OBC to blow. On this trip we have coming up we paid 30 each for the BOGO (15 per night). I guess we will have to try and get into Jamies first and hope they can swing us into wonderland. I'd got with any of the three though.

On another note, my father (who was a chef) always said - "Never order seafood from a steakhouse and never let your mother cook your steak"

-Sean

We did that same $30 deal on Anthem a couple of weeks ago and were assigned Chops the first night and Wonderland the second night. We did get the time we requested. We had not gone to Chops in a long time because it had gone down hill and were pleased with our meal. Steaks were good, the gruyere tator tots are actually very good and the appetizers were good, Red velvet cake was gross, cheesecake was alright. Wonderland was excellent. We let the waiter choose our courses and we liked everything except for one course.

Jamie's is a great choice too but we have been there many times on prior cruises, so we were glad to be assigned the two restaurants we were.

Edit to add: Chops and Wonderland cost $42 and $49 on Anthem, so we paid $60 for what would have cost us $182. Good deal!

We did that same $30 deal on Anthem a couple of weeks ago and were assigned Chops the first night and Wonderland the second night. We did get the time we requested. We had not gone to Chops in a long time because it had gone down hill and were pleased with our meal. Steaks were good, the gruyere tator tots are actually very good and the appetizers were good, Red velvet cake was gross, cheesecake was alright. Wonderland was excellent. We let the waiter choose our courses and we liked everything except for one course.

Jamie's is a great choice too but we have been there many times on prior cruises, so we were glad to be assigned the two restaurants we were.

Edit to add: Chops and Wonderland cost $42 and $49 on Anthem, so we paid $60 for what would have cost us $182. Good deal!

Mema - too funny .... same cruise.... came cabin.... same meal plan

Too funny:D I hope you have calmer winds and seas and get to go to Coco Cay instead of overnighting in Nassua.:)

Me TOO!! Our last cruise was 15' seas and we missed Labadee. I'd hate to miss Cocoa Cay as its really the only place I am looking forward to some beach time.

Me TOO!! Our last cruise was 15' seas and we missed Labadee. I'd hate to miss Cocoa Cay as its really the only place I am looking forward to some beach time.

Nothing personal.. but if you want beach time, a cruise is simply not your best choice. Fly to somewhere that has great beaches hook up with a resort there and have an awesome beach time.

JC