What did RCCL do for your anniversary?

My husband and I were on Celebrity for our 45th in February. We received a card along with a fruit and cheese plate and a bottle of their sparkling wine. My son and 2 daughters and their families gave us a special dinner on the balcony. We were served a small caked for dessert. The kids told us they did not order one.

We have been on Royal for my husband's birthday several times and he has always gotten a piece of cake at dinner.

Just got off navigator and was celebrating our honeymoon, nothing was done and on the mid cruise survey I made this known as I've cruised with princess many times and had things for my birthdays, not told to buy a package. After the form was submitted we got a free night at chops grille on the cruise director

Maitre'd approached our table one night on Allure and dropped a piece of cake in front of us. Cake had a sign "happy Anniversary". He then quickly asked waiters nearby to join him singing. That was a true surprise to us, as we did not celebrate anything, not even close. Our anniversary was like 4 months away.

Turned out that we got somebody else's Anniversary cake and a song! I feel sorry for the other couple - we never found out who they were.

They will sing "Happy Anniversary" to you at dinner. They may even throw in a small piece of cake.

Oh God! I've told RCI that our Caribbean cruise on the Adventure next month is to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary (40 years). I'd quite like it marked by them leaving a little gift in our room but we'll both be highly embarrassed if they come out at dinner singing 'Happy Anniversary' and presenting a cake with a candle in!

They don't do anything unless you pay for it. There are several items on the Gifts&Gear part of the RC website.

If you mention it to your waiter, s/he will probably stick a candle in whatever dessert you order. Sometimes your cabin attendant will make "kissing swans" as your towel animal that night.

The Diamond Concierge had a bottle of Champagne delivered to our room on May 2nd on Adventure this past year. (our 36th)

Just got off navigator and was celebrating our honeymoon, nothing was done and on the mid cruise survey I made this known as I've cruised with princess many times and had things for my birthdays, not told to buy a package. After the form was submitted we got a free night at chops grille on the cruise director
There is a mid cruise survey? I have only ever gotten a survey at the end of the cruise via email.

Wow you guys/gals are lucky. In 20 plus cruises on rccl, with some celebrating birthdays and anniversaries, we have never gotten anything extra unless we have paid for them. Never expected rccl to give anything for special occasions.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

On RCL, last cruise was my parents 52nd anniversary (their first cruise) my wife mentioned it to the waiter and they came and sang happy anniversary and had a small cake with a candle I believe. We are cruising in Sept and it's our anniversary but I don't think I checked that box so I don't think anything will happen.

On CCL a previous cruise I checked the anniversary box and had a similar experience that my parents had.

It will probably just depend, but I imagine if you check the box, you might get a cake/piece of cake in the dining room and singing, or something small in the room.

We generally book some sort of cruise for our anniversary and last year it was Majesty (inside cabin). We received a platter of chocolate covered strawberries in our cabin on our anniversary. I have no idea where that came from since we did not request it. We did note our anniversary date on our booking. It was a very nice and unexpected surprise. We have gotten the cake before as well. I do not see a pattern based on our experience, but we just enjoy it if it happens and no loss if not.

My son celebrates on board Anthem in November and now don't expect much.

Carnival sang to me, got my own special cupcake and a coupon for a discount in the spa and $10 towards a photo and my room steward wrote a nice message on the mirror.

Ncl gave my husband champagne and a small cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got a piece of cake with a candle from the Diamond Concierge on the Grandeur for our 50th Anniversary a couple years ago. Was a nice surprise. I'm sure our friends had something to do with it. One time on the Explorer, our cabin steward had the towel swans, champagne, a nice Anniversary card from our cabin steward and a nice certificate from the Hotel Director and Guest Services Manager congratulating us on our Anniversary.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last January on Anthem I got a whole cake and champagne after dinner. Our waiter was one of our favorites and really stepped up! The little girl at the table next to us could not wait to have a piece of cake after they sang Happy Birthday. That made it special for the both of us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our 40th anniversary, Royal left a nice note in our cabin. We had reservations on our actual anniversary date at Chops and the waiter there knew we were celebrating. He brought us a couple of desserts with candles. The next night, we ate in the MDR and our waiter said he was sorry we did not dine with him on our actual date, but he wanted us to "continue the celebration" so he brought out a cake with a candle and several of the waitstaff sang to us. I thought it was nice of them to do that.

Our kids had strawberries and champagne delivered to our cabin at embarkation so that was also nice.

My son celebrates on board Anthem in November and now don't expect much.

Carnival sang to me, got my own special cupcake and a coupon for a discount in the spa and $10 towards a photo and my room steward wrote a nice message on the mirror.

Ncl gave my husband champagne and a small cake.

You could order all kinds of stuff for your son. Decorations for the room, cake, so many other things.

It may depend on the ship. On our first anniversary, we were on the Vision. At dinner the night of our anniversary we received a piece of cake and the Maitre'd came and sang "Happy Nursery" to us. (It was a joke at our table, because the guy's accent was so thick, it really sounded like nursery instead of annniversary). WE actually had 2 anniversaries and a newlywed couple at our table of 6, so got this treatment 3 different nights! We also had chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne sent by the concierge. (We were in a GS).

Last year we were on a Freedon class ship and had a piece of cake with a song in the MDR and that was it. (In a GS again).

Last week on Adventure, my 13 and 17 year old sons arrived at their stateroom to find a "Just Married" sign on the door! The inside was completely decorated and a nice note to them both (by name) was on the bed! And they got a souvenir "together forever" picture frame too! Something definitely got mixed up in the special occasions department, but we all had good laughs about it all week!

Last week on Adventure, my 13 and 17 year old sons arrived at their stateroom to find a "Just Married" sign on the door! The inside was completely decorated and a nice note to them both (by name) was on the bed! And they got a souvenir "together forever" picture frame too! Something definitely got mixed up in the special occasions department, but we all had good laughs about it all week!

Hahaha this had me cracking up![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...