Vaping (E-cigs) ??

FiggyWig

The stuff is poison!!. I can smell it and if I got a cabin after a person doing it I would know and would not be staying in that cabin. Why can't people just respect others and follow the rules???

<like button> <like button><3(y)

Designated smoking areas on S Class ships are:

Mast Bar & Grill

Pool deck & Sundeck on port side but not in the Solarium

Deck 5, Open deck on port side

Sunset Bar on port side

Smoking is strictly prohibited aboard the ship which includes staterooms & guest verandas. Policy applies to the use of cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes.

E cigs spew out more smoke than cigarettes,,,makes it cloudy in immed area, ...i know two people who developed bad nosebleeds after taking up the habit...No idea what the value of it is,.,an adult pacicfier?

DH smokes cigars, follows the rules and keeps it away from me..,

Glad X treats e cigs like tobacco cigs.,

Bout sums up the attitude here. I don't smoke but I realize we as a society have gone overboard especially on the vap. Geez people do you just go out of your way to bust "rule breakers", relax and enjoy your vacation you will never know if someone is vaping on their balcony. And ever been in an elevated in the morning when someone overloaded on the 4711 perfume:eek:.

Rules exist for a reason. They exist for the safety and comfort of all. To trivialize any situation where people are breaking the rules is to make a statement that you care nothing except for those things that you are personally affected by. That is both self-centered and self-entitled.

Rules exist for a reason. They exist for the safety and comfort of all. To trivialize any situation where people are breaking the rules is to make a statement that you care nothing except for those things that you are personally affected by. That is both self-centered and self-entitled.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

So myself, a once was smoker who gave up for 15 years, returned to smoking but has given up again to take up vaping. So having sat on both sides of the fence, I consider vaping is far more socially friendly...no nasty long lasting smell, no mess and I can also say I am not one of those who fills the area with 'clouds'... not all devices are like that(my son has one of those 😨. I just enjoy the taste but have to say it has become as addictive as nicotine.

You can imagine my question - where on board will I be able to 'get away with it' ?

Any views ?

First, congratulations on quitting smoking! You have reduced the potential for harm by at least 95% according to your Royal College of Surgeons. Even our FDA has had to reconsider the tight regulations they were proposing with a five year extension to the draconian regulations on vapor products while the "study the science" (kind of like climate deniers that say we have to "study the science" more for climate change).

Almost all US based cruise lines prohibit vaping everywhere tobacco is prohibited, except for HAL. They do allow vaping in cabins, a reasonable exception give the non-smoke nature of vaping and the fact that, with unscented vapor, they cannot tell if someone has been vaping in a cabin anyway. HAL also introduced no smoking on balconies this past January and included "e-cigs" in that prohibition, even though they allow it in the cabins. I believe the reason is that people get hysterical when they see someone vaping and will call security, so it will mean a lot of lost hours dealing with false smoking reports. But that is only a guess.

On Celebrity, Princess, and NCL (the only lines I have read about) vapers are lumped in with smokers, and have to expose themselves to second hand smoke in order to vape. I hope everyone comes to their senses and realizes that, unless you want people to die, we should be encouraging vaping for those people who choose to smoke or vape.

Bout sums up the attitude here. I don't smoke but I realize we as a society have gone overboard especially on the vap. Geez people do you just go out of your way to bust "rule breakers", relax and enjoy your vacation you will never know if someone is vaping on their balcony. And ever been in an elevated in the morning when someone overloaded on the 4711 perfume:eek:.

What do you mean you would never know if someone is vaping on their balcony. The smell and the huge vapor plume is a dead give away. I'd rat them out in a New York minute. Yea I know what you mean about perfume/cologne overload. Smokers trying to cover up the stench of their own cigarette smoke on them selves.

Edited by davekathy

In March there was a woman on the Silhouette that used her vape everywhere and no one said a word about it. On deck 11 by the Mast Grill, Martini Bar & Sky Lounge I saw her use it and no one, passengers or crew said a word. However I was with her on a few occasions when she was using it and never noticed a smell or a plume of smoke that hovered around so maybe that was the reason. Not saying it was right but just saying it can and does happen without something being said.

In March there was a woman on the Silhouette that used her vape everywhere and no one said a word about it. On deck 11 by the Mast Grill, Martini Bar & Sky Lounge I saw her use it and no one, passengers or crew said a word. However I was with her on a few occasions when she was using it and never noticed a smell or a plume of smoke that hovered around so maybe that was the reason. Not saying it was right but just saying it can and does happen without something being said.

You are absolutely correct. Some of them are odorless. The "flavored " ones are nauseating The smell makes me sick.

Yup.

First, congratulations on quitting smoking! You have reduced the potential for harm by at least 95% according to your Royal College of Surgeons. Even our FDA has had to reconsider the tight regulations they were proposing with a five year extension to the draconian regulations on vapor products while the "study the science" (kind of like climate deniers that say we have to "study the science" more for climate change).

Almost all US based cruise lines prohibit vaping everywhere tobacco is prohibited, except for HAL. They do allow vaping in cabins, a reasonable exception give the non-smoke nature of vaping and the fact that, with unscented vapor, they cannot tell if someone has been vaping in a cabin anyway. HAL also introduced no smoking on balconies this past January and included "e-cigs" in that prohibition, even though they allow it in the cabins. I believe the reason is that people get hysterical when they see someone vaping and will call security, so it will mean a lot of lost hours dealing with false smoking reports. But that is only a guess.

On Celebrity, Princess, and NCL (the only lines I have read about) vapers are lumped in with smokers, and have to expose themselves to second hand smoke in order to vape. I hope everyone comes to their senses and realizes that, unless you want people to die, we should be encouraging vaping for those people who choose to smoke or vape.

You are deluding yourself if you think vaping is not harmful, to the person vaping and to others. It hardly matters how you are inhaling the chemicals. The fact is that it satisfies people because it contains similar harmful chemicals including nicotine. They are inhaled and exhaled to others around them, same as cigarettes and cigars. In my opinion they should be lumped in together and relegated to the same space, if they must be tolerated at all.

You are deluding yourself if you think vaping is not harmful, to the person vaping and to others. It hardly matters how you are inhaling the chemicals. The fact is that it satisfies people because it contains similar harmful chemicals including nicotine. They are inhaled and exhaled to others around them, same as cigarettes and cigars. In my opinion they should be lumped in together and relegated to the same space, if they must be tolerated at all.

You have the right to believe whatever you want, but the science is pretty clear: vaping is much less dangerous than smoking. The Royal College of Surgeons in the UK recommends vaping over smoking because, like nicotine patches, e-cigs provide the nicotine the person desires at a much lower risk profile (they estimate the possible harm from vaping is 5% or less of the harm from smoking). Over the next 100 years, an estimated billion lives could be saved if the non-smokers among us (including me) would encourage vaping as a less harmful alternative to smoking.

The science is clear, but you can believe anything you want.

You have the right to believe whatever you want, but the science is pretty clear: vaping is much less dangerous than smoking. The Royal College of Surgeons in the UK recommends vaping over smoking because, like nicotine patches, e-cigs provide the nicotine the person desires at a much lower risk profile (they estimate the possible harm from vaping is 5% or less of the harm from smoking). Over the next 100 years, an estimated billion lives could be saved if the non-smokers among us (including me) would encourage vaping as a less harmful alternative to smoking.

The science is clear, but you can believe anything you want.

Lots of studies and the fact is that we non smokers don't want this crap in our lungs!! Yes, better in many ways but with any research it depends on who paid for the study. They only report the results that they want us to hear.. just another form of marketing

Vaping has never been proven good or bad for you for a replacement of tobacco. I would imagine that nothing you put in your lungs is good for them.

Having said that KEEP the regulations the same as tobacco, heck around here Vaping at the local flee markets with covered walk ways is not allowed