Pedicure Choices

I had a Fire and Ice Pedicure this afternoon on the Jewel and it was $70, included nail polish.

What was included other than the polish? Do you know the difference between that pedicure and the Exotic Sole Pedicure? I know the price difference, I am more interested in what makes them different.

We, the SO and myself had a pedicure on Oasis. Too us, it was overpriced and they hit you hard for sales pitch. I suggest you get one prior to the cruise. I get clear on mine and it was included in Fire and Ice.

Mani-pedi before the cruise is part of my "before we sale fun."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What was included other than the polish? Do you know the difference between that pedicure and the Exotic Sole Pedicure? I know the price difference, I am more interested in what makes them different.

I think the fire and ice bit relates to the cooling liquid they apply to the feet and legs followed by a very hot towel and this was repeated twice. She also spent a great deal of time on massaging the feet (not sure if this would be included in the sole delight) however it was so relaxing that I kept nodding off to sleep !! Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

I think the fire and ice bit relates to the cooling liquid they apply to the feet and legs followed by a very hot towel and this was repeated twice. She also spent a great deal of time on massaging the feet (not sure if this would be included in the sole delight) however it was so relaxing that I kept nodding off to sleep !! Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

That was incredibly helpful. Thank you :)

Mani-pedi before the cruise is part of my "before we sale fun."

I unfortunately won't have any before I sail time. I am working the day before I leave and driving to the port the morning of the cruise. It leaves on a Thursday which seems like an odd day to me, but oh well.

I unfortunately won't have any before I sail time. I am working the day before I leave and driving to the port the morning of the cruise. It leaves on a Thursday which seems like an odd day to me, but oh well.

I would still leave work, go to the nail salon, then go home.

But that's just me. :)

And I do NOT live in a "low cost" area and I can get a SPA pedicure and plain manicure for $35 plus generous tip.

That's great for you.

Ok, take a deep breath. You are obviously growing frustrated.

This is your first cruise, according to your signature. It will be wonderful. If you want to get a pedicure, get a pedicure. You can see that they are not that popular among experienced cruisers. So when you board, go to the spa and ask them what the difference is between the two pedicures. Then make your decision.

Bon Voyage.

:)

I got a pedicure on the Allure in June. I'm sorry but I don't remember the difference. I think it wasn't the Fire and Ice one. But, I enjoyed it. They had a discount on the 2nd day, which is when I went.

Yes, it's overpriced, but I didn't want to go beforehand and it's my money. By comparison, the price at the Marriott Harbor Beach was double the price on the ship and I'm sure many ladies pay for that experience.

The polish lasted until I was ready to remove it. No chips or discoloration despite swimming and wearing closed toe shoes at times.

Treat yourself and enjoy. Ignore the sales pitches for stuff you don't want.

Living in the NYC tri state area, I can get a midweek mani/pedi special for under $30, one place is $25 (dozens of places within a mile from me). And it would take at least 45 minutes with soaking, scrubs, hot oil, shoulder massage... cheap nail salons and pizza, everything g else is super expensive. So there is no way I'm getting my nails done on vacation!

Ok, take a deep breath. You are obviously growing frustrated.

This is your first cruise, according to your signature. It will be wonderful. If you want to get a pedicure, get a pedicure. You can see that they are not that popular among experienced cruisers. So when you board, go to the spa and ask them what the difference is between the two pedicures. Then make your decision.

Bon Voyage.

:)

Of course I am getting frustrated. I asked a question and the majority of responses had nothing to do with the question. I didn't ask "should i get a pedicure" or "how much do they cost", I was simply curious about the difference and instead I get a list of people telling me how much they cost in their city and complaining about the price. It would be like going into one of the many drink package threads and just responding with how alcohol is a waste of money so save yourself the money and drink water.

A lack of responses would have shown me that they aren't popular with the cruisers who visit this website and obviously I can always wait until I am on board and then go ask, as can everyone with a question and if everyone waited until they were on board to find answers to their questions then there would be no need for a message board.

Of course I am getting frustrated. I asked a question and the majority of responses had nothing to do with the question. I didn't ask "should i get a pedicure" or "how much do they cost", I was simply curious about the difference and instead I get a list of people telling me how much they cost in their city and complaining about the price. It would be like going into one of the many drink package threads and just responding with how alcohol is a waste of money so save yourself the money and drink water.

A lack of responses would have shown me that they aren't popular with the cruisers who visit this website and obviously I can always wait until I am on board and then go ask, as can everyone with a question and if everyone waited until they were on board to find answers to their questions then there would be no need for a message board.

We did the fire and ice on Oasis. I believe the fire was hot stones and towels. Not sure what the ice was. We did not enjoy our pedicures because of the constant up sale and pressure to buy products. You can't get away from it as you are stuck in the chair. Generally, one can just walk away and say no thank you but not when they have you in the chair. We were hoping for a relaxing pedicure but it stressed us out. Sorry if our experiences are not helpful.

Perhaps prices are low here in the South, but I can get a manicure AND pedicure here at home for $30 + tip, making $49 for just a pedicure look like highway robbery.

Yeah, I understand splurging a bit on vacation, but I can think of other things upon which I'd rather spend.

Here in Cincinnati, I pay $ 42 for a gel manicure and $29 for a toe polish change. Full pedicures last way too long for me - but my salon soaks, does cuticle work, and applies polish with the polish change, so it's a great deal for me - especially when a regular pedi costs $60.

• 9 months later...

Just curious, they are offering a special right now on Royal Carribean for $120 for both Manicure and Pedicure Fire and Ice. Curious, if the sales on the first day are better or if I should not risk it and go ahead and book? I would do it before, but I have a conference before in Orlando and then flying to Ft Lauderdale to board the ship.

Thanks

I got a pedicure on the Allure in June. I'm sorry but I don't remember the difference. I think it wasn't the Fire and Ice one. But, I enjoyed it. They had a discount on the 2nd day, which is when I went.

Yes, it's overpriced, but I didn't want to go beforehand and it's my money. By comparison, the price at the Marriott Harbor Beach was double the price on the ship and I'm sure many ladies pay for that experience.

The polish lasted until I was ready to remove it. No chips or discoloration despite swimming and wearing closed toe shoes at times.

Treat yourself and enjoy. Ignore the sales pitches for stuff you don't want.

Just curious, they are offering a special right now on Royal Carribean for $120 for both Manicure and Pedicure Fire and Ice. Curious, if the sales on the first day are better or if I should not risk it and go ahead and book? I would do it before, but I have a conference before in Orlando and then flying to Ft Lauderdale to board the ship.

Thanks

I don’t remember the actual sale prices. I think you can book it now and then cancel if you change your mind - i.e. if someone that has sailed more recently has input on the sale prices on board.

Hi OP. I am not a RC regular, so I can't tell you the difference between the two pedicures. I do sympathize with having no pre-cruise time for a mani/pedi. It seems like most of my vacations start with a work or family crisis that keeps me in an absolute, nonvacation-y sprint right until boarding time. Best wishes.

Vicki