Princess Transfer Schedule From SEA

kelricalain

Hi All!

The Missus and I are sailing for Hawaii on STAR PRINCESS on the September 2017 sailing. Since we live in the Seattle area we are trying the Princess Transfer bus from SeaTac Airport to the Vancouver cruiseport since it looks to be cheaper than either flying/hotel/cab ride or driving/parking in Vancouver. I have read some reviews (generally positive) about the trip. I am having absolutely no luck in getting a Princess representative to give me anymore information on the transfer than what I can get by myself on the website or my cruise documents received to date. I know the last bus leaves around 10:30 am from the north end of the baggage claim area. But when does the earliest bus leave? We'd rather leave sooner than later in the morning, and getting to the airport is easy since we live here. Can anybody provide me any information on the bus schedules? Thanks. Looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers on STAR PRINCESS. :cool:

We are on this same cruise. We live on Whidbey Island and will take the Whiebey Seatac Shuttle to the Airport.I had the same questions about the earliest bus.

I booked the Princess Transfer and it simply says only the following:

So I'm planning on taking the shuttle that gets us there at 8:30. If there's a bus that leaves before 10:30 that's cool - We'll be on it.

" Transfer: Seattle/Tacoma International Airport to Vancouver pier

Upon arrival at the Sea-Tac International Airport on the day of sailing, first

claim your luggage at baggage claim. Then proceed to the north end of the

baggage claim level, and check-in at the podium located next to baggage claim

#16. Princess representatives are available in the baggage claim area wearing

red vests and white shirts. If unable to locate a representative, please have

one paged or call 1-206-939-6022.

**IMPORTANT** Upon arrival, check in with a representative at the airport no

later than 10:00 am for your transfer to Vancouver. The final coach departs

promptly at 10:30 am. Checking-in later than 10:00 am may result in missing

the transfer to Vancouver.

**PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS** The Department of Homeland Security requires

you to carry a passport book or other WHTI-approved document. Please have

either your passport book or other WHTI-approved document ready for

inspection. "

We'll be the four in Hawaiian clothes. Norwegian, Holland America and Princess all have cruises departing from Seattle for Alaska that day too. Don't get on the wrong bus.. ;p

Aloha

Hi All!

The Missus and I are sailing for Hawaii on STAR PRINCESS on the September 2017 sailing. Since we live in the Seattle area we are trying the Princess Transfer bus from SeaTac Airport to the Vancouver cruiseport since it looks to be cheaper than either flying/hotel/cab ride or driving/parking in Vancouver. I have read some reviews (generally positive) about the trip. I am having absolutely no luck in getting a Princess representative to give me anymore information on the transfer than what I can get by myself on the website or my cruise documents received to date. I know the last bus leaves around 10:30 am from the north end of the baggage claim area. But when does the earliest bus leave? We'd rather leave sooner than later in the morning, and getting to the airport is easy since we live here. Can anybody provide me any information on the bus schedules? Thanks. Looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers on STAR PRINCESS. :cool:

What about.......http://www.quickcoach.com/

Leaves SEA-TAC at 8:00am and arrives Canada Place at 12:35pm.

$59 one way $99 R/T

Since this thread deals with transfers in Seattle, I have a question about transfers back to the airport at the end of the cruise. Those would be disembarkation transfers, after leaving the ship.

We paid $24 apiece for two transfers from the ship to Sea-Tac airport. But, we cannot get any further information from Princess. Is the vehicle a shuttle bus, a taxi, a large bus -- and where do we board the vehicle?

Also, our cruise instructions say that passengers who paid for transfers to the airport cannot disembark until 11:30 AM, even though the ship docks at 7:00 A.M.

I told Princess that we booked and paid for a 1:00 PM flight out of Seattle, thinking that would give us plenty of time to transfer to the airport. But, we have to leave the ship before 11:30 AM. The customer service rep said to just tell "them" that we needed early disembarkation, even though our travel instructions say we have to wait.

Has this happened to anyone who disembarked in Seattle with a paid transfer to the airport? Were you able to disembark before 11:30 AM.

Thank you in advance -- we are brand new to cruising and searching for answers. :)EBC

Since this thread deals with transfers in Seattle, I have a question about transfers back to the airport at the end of the cruise. Those would be disembarkation transfers, after leaving the ship.

We paid $24 apiece for two transfers from the ship to Sea-Tac airport. But, we cannot get any further information from Princess. Is the vehicle a shuttle bus, a taxi, a large bus -- and where do we board the vehicle?

Also, our cruise instructions say that passengers who paid for transfers to the airport cannot disembark until 11:30 AM, even though the ship docks at 7:00 A.M.

I told Princess that we booked and paid for a 1:00 PM flight out of Seattle, thinking that would give us plenty of time to transfer to the airport. But, we have to leave the ship before 11:30 AM. The customer service rep said to just tell "them" that we needed early disembarkation, even though our travel instructions say we have to wait.

Has this happened to anyone who disembarked in Seattle with a paid transfer to the airport? Were you able to disembark before 11:30 AM.

Thank you in advance -- we are brand new to cruising and searching for answers. :)EBC

It will be a coach.

11:30 is wrong........boarding for the new cruise usually starts at 11:30-12:00! :o

Everyone will be off the ship by 9:30-10:00.

Information will be provided on how to deal with the transfer onboard during the cruise.

Usually you will collect your luggage on the pier after disembarking and directed to head to the coaches outside the terminal.

There is a luggage program onboard that they will tell you about too.

You would leave your luggage outside your cabin the night before disembarkation and it will be taken to the airport and checked if you are on a qualifying airline for you. Also info on this will be given onboard as well.

Make sure you enter your independent flight info in the travel section of the personalizer, this will help them onboard assign you a proper coach time for your flight.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We've taken the SEA-Canada Place transfer several times. Depending upon how many people sign up for the service there will be either one or two buses. If two buses the first one will leave around 9:30 and the second one around 11:30. Be sure to contact the Princess rep as soon as you get to the airport. If there are 2 buses they will give you a ticket with a time on it - that's what time the bus will leave.

Bring reading material or some other amusement for the wait until the bus leaves.

In the past the bus has been a 39 or 41 passenger bus with a lavatory in the back.

If you are lucky your stop at the border will be only a few minutes, if not it could be much longer.

They discontinued the box lunches about five years ago, so bring a snack with you.

One advantage of the Princess transfer over Quick Coach or others is that once you give your luggage to the Princess Rep at the airport, you wont need to touch them again until you see them in your room aboard ship.

I kind of feel that once I'm "in Princess' hands" at SeaTac, my cruise has started and I can relax. If I were on a Quick Coach I'd be worried all the way up to the pier in Vancouver that something would happen and we'd miss the ship.

What Colo Cruiser said is pretty much right on. If you are flying out on one of the airlines that is participating on the Port Valet program (American, Alaska, JetBlue, Delta (domestic only) United and Southwest) I would highly suggest that you participate in that program as it is free and completely frees you from worrying about your bags since the first time you will see them after the night before debarkation is when you arrive at your destination airport. It can't get any easier than that! Your ship will usually arrive at the pier around 6am and debarkation will usually begin somewhere between 7 & 7:15am. Buses handling the pre-paid Princess transfers to SeaTac airport will leave as they fill and normally are held no more than 20 minutes from the time the first passenger is onboard the bus. Travel time from Pier 91 to SeaTac on the transfer buses will normally be between 30 and 45 minutes although that may vary to as much as an hour depending on road closures, traffic or other things that might cause delays en route.

As to being new to cruising and asking questions, not to worry. Everybody started out being new to cruising and the questions you asked were good ones. It's much better to ask a question than it is not not ask one and wish later that you had! ;)

Tom

• 11 months later...

This is an old thread, but I am interested in the same Sea-Vancouver transfer this October 4th:cool:. Called Princess and they didn't know anything about it. I wonder if they are no more. Anyone with info, it would be appreciated!

This is an old thread, but I am interested in the same Sea-Vancouver transfer this October 4th:cool:. Called Princess and they didn't know anything about it. I wonder if they are no more. Anyone with info, it would be appreciated!

There is no Seattle-Vancouver cruise on 4 October of this year. In fact, there is no cruise ship departing Seattle on that date to anywhere! The last Emerald Princess cruise leaves Seattle for Vancouver on 23 Sep and the last cruise of the Ruby Princess this year departs Seattle on 22 Sep en route to Monterey, CA and returns to Seattle on 29 Sep. It leaves that day with no passengers at all to go to drydock in Victoria. The only other Princess ship in Seattle at the end of September is the Grand Princess which makes a port call on Wednesday, 26 Sep on a San Francisco-Vancouver-San Francisco cruise.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the Star on 6 Oct next year, 2019?

Tom

There is no Seattle-Vancouver cruise on 4 October of this year. In fact, there is no cruise ship departing Seattle on that date to anywhere! The last Emerald Princess cruise leaves Seattle for Vancouver on 23 Sep and the last cruise of the Ruby Princess this year departs Seattle on 22 Sep en route to Monterey, CA and returns to Seattle on 29 Sep. It leaves that day with no passengers at all to go to drydock in Victoria. The only other Princess ship in Seattle at the end of September is the Grand Princess which makes a port call on Wednesday, 26 Sep on a San Francisco-Vancouver-San Francisco cruise.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the Star on 6 Oct next year, 2019?

Tom

I think they are wanting the transfer to Vancouver. The Emerald heads to Hawaii from Vancouver on Oct 4.

I think they are wanting the transfer to Vancouver. The Emerald heads to Hawaii from Vancouver on Oct 4.

That is what I interpret the question as being.

In the past Princess has offered xfers on embarkation day from Seattle to Vancouver. Maybe septrack needs to call Princess again and see if a different agent can find out. If

septrack is using a Travel Agent for this cruise, septrack should call the TA and ask the TA to find out if it still exists.

Should also ask about ship to Seattle xfer on disembarkation day.

Yes I was referring to the Emerald Hawaii trip leaving Vancouver BC Oct 4th. I did a false booking on the Princess site, and under options it only shows transfers from Vancouver Airport to the cruise terminal...Nothing about transfers from Sea-Tac. I know there are other companies which provide these transfers, however, given the distance/weather etc...I would prefer one where the ship will wait for you, should the coach be delayed.

I am a little surprised Princess apparently stopped this service, given how much easier it is to book air through SEA-Tac.

TIA:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Yes I was referring to the Emerald Hawaii trip leaving Vancouver BC Oct 4th. I did a false booking on the Princess site, and under options it only shows transfers from Vancouver Airport to the cruise terminal...Nothing about transfers from Sea-Tac. I know there are other companies which provide these transfers, however, given the distance/weather etc...I would prefer one where the ship will wait for you, should the coach be delayed.

I am a little surprised Princess apparently stopped this service, given how much easier it is to book air through SEA-Tac.

TIA:cool::cool::cool::cool:

It was running for the Alaska season. My guess is that October cruises from Vancouver aren't frequent enough to contract coaches.

Have you considered Amtrak as an alternative?