What is your favourite Celebrity promo??

prmetime

I'm fairly new to cruising and to Celebrity (sailed once, 2 more sailings booked). What is the most favourable promo to book under from your point of view? Does there seem to be a pattern as to when certain promos are released? We are looking at booking another cruise for Sept 2018 when on board our Sept 2017 cruise. Will this be our best bet for pricing/amenities?? TIA.

Truthfully there is no magic formula anymore. Tips and tricks that used to work no longer apply. My advice is to evaluate your options and book when the perks and cabin prices are acceptable to you and then don't second guess yourself. The best deals are those that include the Best perks - but it is rare to find those on sailings anymore unless you are booking suites, which include them. There are last minute deals (meaning, 2-3 weeks out or so) but obviously you must be very flexible to take advantage of those with traveling as well as with cabin choice.

Other advice I would give is to use one of the big online travel agencies we are not allowed to name specifically. They often have big sales 3-4 times per year around holidays and during those sales they often include more perks than normal (they almost always have some kind of extra perk), and sometimes a little lower cabin prices due to group discounts. We generally book all our cruises through them now. Sometimes we book onboard for some OBC and reduced deposits, and then move the reservation to that TA within the 60 day allotment.

We used to really appreciate the Triple Perks offers...grats, classic alc and OBC...we are about to sail on our last Triple perks booking...

they replaced that offer awhile ago with big, better, best or something like that.,.at varied prices. Sometimes worth the extra money, sometimes not.

You have to do the math... We get alot of internet minutes from Cap Club so we never would take the best package...

We have one cruise on Silhouette booked with only 1 perk..Classic Alc and one after that on EDGE with Classic Alc and grats....We get OBC from Royal cred card points which we also use to reduce cruise price .

We don't use a trvl agent so have never gotten much more than what we pay for. Hope one day we can book a suite where you seem to get just about everything included in the price at certain levels.

The genuine buy one get one half price cruise fare we had here in the UK on Southampton bound Eclipse cruisings was excellent. Since then I've not seen anything as good.

They have tried to increase the fares just before offering a fake buy one get one half price marketing offer, but that wasn't the same thing because you were still paying the original price overall.

Best one I saw was offered onboard when we were on a TA in 2016

They offered a few perks AND OBC for booking a TA for 2018 or 2019

All you had to do is put down $100, and then you could pick the cruise in the future

So rare that you find any DEALS for TA's , so thought this was great

Hands down, booking another cruise on board ON Black Friday!! We paid only $200 downpayment for a 15 night cruise. Got $600 on board credit. Got all the perks. Transferred that day by email to the online TA and they offered us more Black Friday specials which in the end amounted to $2700 total OBC!!!!!!!!!! It's an Azamara cruise in a regular balcony. We booked it while on Equinox.

I'm fairly new to cruising and to Celebrity (sailed once, 2 more sailings booked). What is the most favourable promo to book under from your point of view? Does there seem to be a pattern as to when certain promos are released? We are looking at booking another cruise for Sept 2018 when on board our Sept 2017 cruise. Will this be our best bet for pricing/amenities?? TIA.

Love having the bev pkg included. I can compare prices and the Celebrity cruises with the pkg are a great deal compared to Royal.

Thanks to all of you who have responded. I appreciate your insight and sharing your own personal experiences. The Go Big, Go Better , Go Best promo was last in May. Are we likely to see it again before the end of the year??

Thanks to all of you who have responded. I appreciate your insight and sharing your own personal experiences. The Go Big, Go Better , Go Best promo was last in May. Are we likely to see it again before the end of the year??

Go Big, Go Better, Go Best has been offered for more than a year. It appears that the current promotion for booking while onboard is very good - reduced deposits, OBC and one or two perks depending on the category that is booked.

Regardless of the promotion, there are additional ways to collect extras in the form of additional OBC, perks or cash back cards. And, for those booking in places where price adjustments can be made, keeping an eye on the fares is important if you are trying to get the most for your money.

I booked a future cruise in April while onboard - and opted for the Go Better package. Since that time, the fare has dropped 3 times which allowed me to upgrade from a 2A veranda to AQ with Go Best for a little lower fare than my original booking. While I transferred my reservation to a TA in order to get their perk (a cash back card), I watch the pricing myself. I call them each time I saw a price drop and had them take care of the changes to my reservation.

Go Big' date=' Go Better, Go Best has been offered for more than a year. It appears that the current promotion for booking while onboard is very good - reduced deposits, OBC and one or two perks depending on the category that is booked.

Regardless of the promotion, there are additional ways to collect extras in the form of additional OBC, perks or cash back cards. And, for those booking in places where price adjustments can be made, keeping an eye on the fares is important if you are trying to get the most for your money.

I booked a future cruise in April while onboard - and opted for the Go Better package. Since that time, the fare has dropped 3 times which allowed me to upgrade from a 2A veranda to AQ with Go Best for a little lower fare than my original booking. While I transferred my reservation to a TA in order to get their perk (a cash back card), I watch the pricing myself. I call them each time I saw a price drop and had them take care of the changes to my reservation.[/quote']

I was actually referring to the promo that was this past May where 2 perks were included instead of 1 for oceanview staterooms and higher. Does anyone know how often these promos are offered?

Hands down, booking another cruise on board ON Black Friday!! We paid only $200 downpayment for a 15 night cruise. Got $600 on board credit. Got all the perks. Transferred that day by email to the online TA and they offered us more Black Friday specials which in the end amounted to $2700 total OBC!!!!!!!!!! It's an Azamara cruise in a regular balcony. We booked it while on Equinox.

Wow, this sounds amazing, congratulations!

I was actually referring to the promo that was this past May where 2 perks were included instead of 1 for oceanview staterooms and higher. Does anyone know how often these promos are offered?

The current onboard booking promotion runs through September 5. Depending on the category being booked, two perks are being offered.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Onboard_Offer_August_2017v2.pdf

The genuine buy one get one half price cruise fare we had here in the UK on Southampton bound Eclipse cruisings was excellent. Since then I've not seen anything as good.

They have tried to increase the fares just before offering a fake buy one get one half price marketing offer, but that wasn't the same thing because you were still paying the original price overall.

Agree....we managed to get one with a 'price promise' too which meant they would honour any price drops until relatively near sailing. As the cost of our suite simply went up and up it was fairly useless but reassuring when you are booking cruises 2+ years out!

The current onboard booking promotion runs through September 5. Depending on the category being booked' date=' two perks are being offered.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Onboard_Offer_August_2017v2.pdf[/quote']

Thanks. I saw that as well. I'd rather travel more and stay in a more reasonably priced cabin though!