No perks on TransAtlantics & TransPacifics. Hard rule or soft?

Ox Fan Cruiser

Hello,

Had to cancel a cruise but didn't want to loose the perks so I rolled it for the Suez canal cruise. It is consider a repo cruise at a price of a regular cruise (!). Had 2 perks + 250$ obc (concierge cabin) and the only thing I've got is 100$ obc.

Decided to book a transat with NCL. All the perks are available...and they do combine the shareholder obc with the perks...thank you NCL.

Have a great day

With all due respect, we were already on board and the package had been booked and paid for pre-cruise. I can't believe that Celebrity would have given me a credit for something charged to a credit card "on-shore", then given away an on-board purchase. There is a contractual element here. A court case would likely not have been advantageous to anyone but the lawyers.

People cancel things they book on shore all of the time, including excursions and dinner reservations.

What do lawyers and a court case have to do with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jade13

We are doing a TransAtlantic cruise in October on the Celebrity Eclipse. We purchased a TransAtlantic cruise a certificate for $100 (purchased on a prior cruise) for use on a future TransAtlantic cruise and it gave us $200 towards the cabin price, free gratuities and $100 OBC. We transferred the cruise to our travel agent and received another nice chunk of OBC, The first TransAtlantic we decided to do was the Celebrity Equinox and Celebrity later cancelled this cruise as it now no longer goes over to Europe. Celebrity gave us additional OBC because of this cancellation. Celebrity has a nice deal of 1/2 off of the premium package and they ran a good deal on the internet package, they also ran a great sale on Specialty dining package, What I have learned from cruising is you have to keep your eyes open, deals are around.

Hello,

Had to cancel a cruise but didn't want to loose the perks so I rolled it for the Suez canal cruise. It is consider a repo cruise at a price of a regular cruise (!). Had 2 perks + 250$ obc (concierge cabin) and the only thing I've got is 100$ obc.

Decided to book a transat with NCL. All the perks are available...and they do combine the shareholder obc with the perks...thank you NCL.

Have a great day

Celebrity would have granted the shareholders benefit by adding to the $ 100.00.

Here's what they emailed me back in response to my request

Dear Mr. B

Thank you for contacting our Shareholder Benefit office. As a valued shareholder and guest, you are very important to us. On behalf of our company, it is my pleasure to respond to your correspondence.

Our exclusive Shareholder Benefit Program was designed to reward you each time you sail with us, if a better promotional opportunity does not exist. It is not combinable with other promotions and special offers. We see you have an Onboard Credit offer on your current booking xxxxxxxx that is lower than your Shareholder Benefit of $250.00. We applied the difference of the two Onboard credits in the amount of $150.00. We hope that you enjoy the spectacular array of onboard services and amenities.

While your onboard credit has been added, it may not immediately appear on your SeaPass folio on the first day of your cruise. Please allow up to two days into your sailing for the credit to reflect on your account.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Sincerely,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team.

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Celebrity would have granted the shareholders benefit by adding to the $ 100.00.

Dear Mr. B

Thank you for contacting our Shareholder Benefit office. As a valued shareholder and guest, you are very important to us. On behalf of our company, it is my pleasure to respond to your correspondence.

Our exclusive Shareholder Benefit Program was designed to reward you each time you sail with us, if a better promotional opportunity does not exist. It is not combinable with other promotions and special offers. We see you have an Onboard Credit offer on your current booking xxxxxxxx that is lower than your Shareholder Benefit of $250.00. We applied the difference of the two Onboard credits in the amount of $150.00. We hope that you enjoy the spectacular array of onboard services and amenities.

While your onboard credit has been added, it may not immediately appear on your SeaPass folio on the first day of your cruise. Please allow up to two days into your sailing for the credit to reflect on your account.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Sincerely,

Denise

Received the same note for my TP cruise. Took less than a day from the time I faxed the information to Celebrity.

Dear Mr. B

Sincerely,

Denise

Thank you for the info.but still, they are not combinable like NCL.

TAs on Celebrity are always full. The vast majority of passengers are repeat customers.They've never been in the "matching game". They just offer a great experience at a reasonable price. I'm certain that you will enjoy whatever cruise you select.

Same experience. I been on 4 TAs the last 3 years and no perks. Now I have been able to score some very inexpensive bookings. That's the trade-off. Also using Choice Air or miles for your ow flight is a very reasonable way to include seeing some part of Europe. In the past we included seeing Prague, driving around Ireland, driving up see York, UK , etc..

Most of fellow cruisers on these TAs also realized this. Most are older ( I hate to admit I am in this classification) and Elite or higher. Often you may have to wait a little to get in the Tuscan for the Elite breakfast. You will get coupons for the Captains Club Happy Hour and the Sunset Bar, Sky Lounge and Ensemble Lounge will be crowded between the hours of 5p-7p.