No perks on TransAtlantics & TransPacifics. Hard rule or soft?

Ox Fan Cruiser

For my upcoming TA I applied for and was granted the shareholders benefit.

Also they offered the classic and premium drink packages at half price which is pretty good. Maybe not a full perk but still it's a half perk at least.

On top of that my online travel agent in New Hampshire paid the gratuities and offered additional cabin credit.

Have done multiple TA's and repositioning cruises & no perks. The only perks that I am aware of for these may be: military discount, resident discount. In the past if you booked a transatlantic cruise while on another transatlantic cruise they offered a small amount of OBC and pre-paid gratuties.

If you are a RCCL shareholder (100 shares or more) you can apply for shareholder OBC. shareholder OBC isn't granted if you have re i.e. end any other perks.

But nothing stops you from asking. On-line TA give some OBC for booking.

I'm doing the Trans Pacific in September and Trans Canal in November. No perks from Celebrity other than $250 Shareholder credit. You can always try to get something from Celebrity, but prepared for a polite "no". You can get something from your TA. On longer cruises I try to get prepaid gratuities.

I'm doing the Trans Pacific in September and Trans Canal in November. No perks from Celebrity other than $250 Shareholder credit. You can always try to get something from Celebrity, but prepared for a polite "no". You can get something from your TA. On longer cruises I try to get prepaid gratuities.

I'm booked on NCL for a TA in April. They offered perks. I was "hoping" "X" would match it. If so I would cancel the TA with NCL.

For our October 2016 WB TA on Reflection, there were no Perks offered at booking, however, towards final payment they started offering discounts on internet and drink packages. After final payment they increased those discounts. I can't recall the exact amount of the discounts we got but they were substantial. Don't hold me on this but I recall the premium drink package ending up around $40 per day. The point is to keep an eye on the reservation for deals offered.

I'm booked on NCL for a TA in April. They offered perks. I was "hoping" "X" would match it. If so I would cancel the TA with NCL.

TAs on Celebrity are always full. The vast majority of passengers are repeat customers.They've never been in the "matching game". They just offer a great experience at a reasonable price. I'm certain that you will enjoy whatever cruise you select.

TAs on Celebrity are always full. The vast majority of passengers are repeat customers.They've never been in the "matching game". They just offer a great experience at a reasonable price. I'm certain that you will enjoy whatever cruise you select.
we did the EB TA Eclipse in April. I'm hoping for a Spring WB TA on Beyond in 2020.

I don't think you'd be able to get a private deal that isn't available for asking. But some cruises that match the exceptions still offer perks. For example, in April, the solstice will travel from Australia to Hawaii on one cruise, then Hawaii to Vancouver on a second cruise. I don't believe the Australia to Hawaii leg included perks, but the Hawaii to Vancouver leg certainly did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For our October 2016 WB TA on Reflection, there were no Perks offered at booking, however, towards final payment they started offering discounts on internet and drink packages. After final payment they increased those discounts. I can't recall the exact amount of the discounts we got but they were substantial. Don't hold me on this but I recall the premium drink package ending up around $40 per day. The point is to keep an eye on the reservation for deals offered.

$ 32.50 premium/ $ 27.50 classic Silhouette November 4th 2017

TA maybe but certainly not on Solstice's TP. OUCH

I got A1 for Sept. 8th TP on Millie for $2566.82 for DW and I. That price is for both! Prices did go up quite a bit as cabins sold, but that usually happens. I believe that the cruise is sold out.

I got A1 for Sept. 8th TP on Millie for $2566.82 for DW and I. That price is for both! Prices did go up quite a bit as cabins sold, but that usually happens. I believe that the cruise is sold out.

It's Solstice's TP that is super high, not Millennium Not really interested in that itinerary.

our next "X" cruise is the EDGE Jan 2019. I will have to check with them for that. Thanks

The perks are available for those that originally book, while onboard.

Did you book your Edge cruise onboard a previous cruise?

The perks are available for those that originally book, while onboard.

Did you book your Edge cruise onboard a previous cruise?

No, we booked the second day they went on sale. BTW, we got all 4 perks for that one. we will be in a sky suite for the first time.

We did Trans Pacific on Millennium this past May 2017. Great trip, but no advanced perks. They did do a BOGO on the Premium Bev on the ship. I had already purchased Premium pre-cruise, so had to "grin and bear it".

You could have cancelled your prepurchased drink plan and then just rebought it whilst onboard.

You could have cancelled your prepurchased drink plan and then just rebought it whilst onboard.

With all due respect, we were already on board and the package had been booked and paid for pre-cruise. I can't believe that Celebrity would have given me a credit for something charged to a credit card "on-shore", then given away an on-board purchase. There is a contractual element here. A court case would likely not have been advantageous to anyone but the lawyers.

I have the flyer for TA perks from Future Cruises but have been unable to paste here...

The gist of it is that gratuities are free only for Concierge class and above. OBC ranges from $50 to $300. When I booked Aqua Class for next year's TA, I was given $100 OBC and free gratuities.

Hey, I just noticed the images are attached below.

1492652933_TAPerksCroppedHorizontal.jpg.f362d462ed7b37edd85d3f64f8a4d014.jpg

510575115_TAPerksBackCroppedHorizontal.jpg.bc094b2e318f4129ec7a796157f4a406.jpg

With all due respect, we were already on board and the package had been booked and paid for pre-cruise. I can't believe that Celebrity would have given me a credit for something charged to a credit card "on-shore", then given away an on-board purchase. There is a contractual element here. A court case would likely not have been advantageous to anyone but the lawyers.

You can certainly cancel a paid for drink package in the same way you can cancel a prebooked shore excursion and get refunded the full amount.