Ferry operating as of now??

bones774

Hi, been reading free NCL ferry has been a hit or miss as to whether it's up and working. Can anyone say if it will be operating from now thru 8/19? thanks

Unless, they are psychic, no...no one can tell you if it will have any problems in the future. ;p

Regardless, transportation if Bermuda is plentiful and cheap. You won't have any problems getting around.

Unless, they are psychic, no...no one can tell you if it will have any problems in the future. ;p

Regardless, transportation if Bermuda is plentiful and cheap. You won't have any problems getting around.

Ha Ha, i think you now what my question was, smarta-s! Is it in repair as of now?

How about is it working right now??

Hi, been reading free NCL ferry has been a hit or miss as to whether it's up and working. Can anyone say if it will be operating from now thru 8/19? thanks

The ferry will be running now through 8/19, barring unforeseen events like mechanical breakdowns, labor disputes, hurricanes.

the question clearly asks is it operating now?

A polite and direct answer would have been, It is working now but no one can say how long it will be operating.

And if some one wants to be smart again they can tell me that now as of 1:29 PM EST it is docked so it is not operating now!

Yes Ferry was running last week :-) We were on it:cool:!

One thing to note is the NCL takes almost twice the amount of the time as the public ferry. We took NCL to St. George in the morning and it took about an hour and 10 minutes. I had heard it was a 30-35 minute ferry ride. We ended up on the public ferry on the way home because we were all tried and didn't want to sent the extra 30 hr on the NCL ferry. I am not sure if NCL ferry is always so slow but we were crawling to St. George. It may vary due to wind and such but the weather was the same in AM and PM.

Yes Ferry was running last week :-) We were on it:cool:!

One thing to note is the NCL takes almost twice the amount of the time as the public ferry. We took NCL to St. George in the morning and it took about an hour and 10 minutes. I had heard it was a 30-35 minute ferry ride. We ended up on the public ferry on the way home because we were all tried and didn't want to sent the extra 30 hr on the NCL ferry. I am not sure if NCL ferry is always so slow but we were crawling to St. George. It may vary due to wind and such but the weather was the same in AM and PM.

The ride on the public ferry is 40 to 45 minutes not 30. The weather may have been the same but if the wind direction was the same it could have been a tailwind in one direction and a headwind in the other, which would affect the travel time. It's also possible that the NCL ferry is being operated at a slower speed due to concerns about the mechanical issues the ferry had earlier in the season.

I was just watching the Bermuda web cam and caught the NCL ferry as it arrived from St George's. The time was 5:43 pm Bermuda time.

So as a previous poster wrote barring a mechanical breakdown, labor issue, or hurricane, the NCL ferry will be running on 8/19.

But what's the big deal about having to take the public ferry? The round trip fare would be only $9.00 (tokens), and you just paid $$$$'s for a cruise. I don't get it.

SBtS

The ride on the public ferry is 40 to 45 minutes not 30. The weather may have been the same but if the wind direction was the same it could have been a tailwind in one direction and a headwind in the other, which would affect the travel time. It's also possible that the NCL ferry is being operated at a slower speed due to concerns about the mechanical issues the ferry had earlier in the season.

It took just under 35 minutes for our ferry ride from St. George to Dockyards. :cool:

Must have hit a nice day but happy we weren't on NCL ferry for slow return trip.

I was just watching the Bermuda web cam and caught the NCL ferry as it arrived from St George's. The time was 5:43 pm Bermuda time.

So as a previous poster wrote barring a mechanical breakdown, labor issue, or hurricane, the NCL ferry will be running on 8/19.

But what's the big deal about having to take the public ferry? The round trip fare would be only $9.00 (tokens), and you just paid $$$$'s for a cruise. I don't get it.

SBtS

We had a much better experience with the public ferry than NCL. The guys were super friendly and the travel time was halved. If we ever go back we will use the public ferry over the free NCL ferry.