Suite life ?s

bmetz34

I accepted an upsell offer yesterday and we'll now have a grand suite on the Ecstasy departing august 19th! I had a couple questions I didn't see in my search here.

It says bottled water included. Is this just one or two complimentary bottles? I'd already purchased a few 12 packs bc that's basically all we drink. Just wondering if I should keep those.

I'm still up in the air about canceling fttf. Wwyd? Seems like the only difference would be risking our room not being ready until 1, which we can probably handle.

Do we get priority seating at dinner? We have ytd, so I was figuring on a little wait.

Do you think it'd be a reasonable request to have to pull out couch pulled out at the evening service and made back into a couch during morning service? I don't want to be a pain in the ass but it'll make the room work better with a toddler.

Trying to think of ways to enjoy the suite with out being snobby a-holes bc this is probably a once in a lifetime shot at one! Thanks for any input you have to offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend keeping FTTF if getting to your room quickly is important. Though you get priority boarding, you do not get early access to your room (you have to wait until 1:30 lugging your carry on luggage with you). With FTTF, your room is guaranteed ready when you get on the ship.

You pay for a suite but your room is not ready when you get priority boarding, yet someone who purchased FTTF can go directly to their suite. This is very wrong. Another reason suites are nothing special on Carnival. Someone who purchased FTTF could have an inside cabin. This is significantly less than what people pay for a suite.

I would recommend keeping FTTF if getting to your room quickly is important. Though you get priority boarding, you do not get early access to your room (you have to wait until 1:30 lugging your carry on luggage with you). With FTTF, your room is guaranteed ready when you get on the ship.

That's the only difference I found. I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend the $70 just to not have our back packs for an hour or so.

We have had several normal suites (not the grand ones) and we love them for the real bathrooms and the extra closet/dressing room and larger balcony.

We don't book them for extra perks. We bought FTTF even with the suite because we do like having the cabin ready and we like the special line at guest services and we like priority on tenders too.

I don't remember now if they have added early on/off with the suites but we like that too!

We have had several normal suites (not the grand ones) and we love them for the real bathrooms and the extra closet/dressing room and larger balcony.

We don't book them for extra perks. We bought FTTF even with the suite because we do like having the cabin ready and we like the special line at guest services and we like priority on tenders too.

I don't remember now if they have added early on/off with the suites but we like that too!

They have added priority tendering. Just no room ready guarantee (though it seems hit or miss they may be ready) and no priority gs line

That's the only difference I found. I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend the $70 just to not have our back packs for an hour or so.

If you are bringing a toddler I'm sure you are bringing a stroller, correct? Hang those back packs on the stroller.

If you are bringing a toddler I'm sure you are bringing a stroller, correct? Hang those back packs on the stroller.

Good idea, we're just not stroller ppl. I'll have a carrier to wear her for longer walks/ excursions but we're not going to lug a stroller around.

Honestly, Carnival's Suite perks suck. Now HAL.. those are real perks! The room is okay though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll that is no help at all and doesn't answer my question. That's like me saying hey I got a new volkswagon, tell me about yours! And you come along and talk about how Mercedes are better and have more features.

the water bottles are 1.5 liters I think, it's pretty big and we ended up with 3 of them, one for the suite and two for our status.

The only other thing you get in a suite in a free bag of laundry.

The suites are really only good for the extra space and priority boarding in my opinion. We get them every time and they are much cheaper than other lines so I guess that's why you don't get much but the room.

the water bottles are 1.5 liters I think, it's pretty big and we ended up with 3 of them, one for the suite and two for our status.

The only other thing you get in a suite in a free bag of laundry.

The suites are really only good for the extra space and priority boarding in my opinion. We get them every time and they are much cheaper than other lines so I guess that's why you don't get much but the room.

Thanks. I'll keep the ordered water then!

We'll that is no help at all and doesn't answer my question. That's like me saying hey I got a new volkswagon, tell me about yours! And you come along and talk about how Mercedes are better and have more features.

Well , it does help. There aren't a lot of perks. Period. Carnival should give Suite people automatic FTTF at the very least.

Anyway .. it's a Tesla.. but it's borrowed.. alas ..

Well , it does help. There aren't a lot of perks. Period. Carnival should give Suite people automatic FTTF at the very least.

Anyway .. it's a Tesla.. but it's borrowed.. alas ..

It doesn't help if you read my actual question. I didn't ask if the perks were good or how they compared. And I didn't book the suite for perks but for size. I asked for clarification on certain items. But some people just think they need to spread sh!t instead of sunshine I suppose!

I think all your questions about the suite were answered except for the priority dining and the couch/bed. No, there is not any sort of priority for MDR seating. As to the couch, you would just need to speak to your room steward on the first day and request what you would like and he/she I'm sure will accommodate without any issues. You didn't say: did you get one of the regular GS suites or one with the extended balcony? Just curious. :)

I think all your questions about the suite were answered except for the priority dining and the couch/bed. No, there is not any sort of priority for MDR seating. As to the couch, you would just need to speak to your room steward on the first day and request what you would like and he/she I'm sure will accommodate without any issues. You didn't say: did you get one of the regular GS suites or one with the extended balcony? Just curious. :)

Thanks! I didn't know if the couch thing was a big pain or not. It doesn't have the extended balcony. The upsell fairy said it was the only one available. No idea if that's true or not bc what are the odds they'd call only us, but maybe we were lucky!

Where does it say there is a bag of free laundry with a suite? I've looked on the Carnival website and don't see it. Hubbs and I are platinum, so it doesn't matter for us, but my niece has also booked a suite. Just wondering if they would also get free wash and fold laundry?

Thanks in advance!

baf

Where does it say there is a bag of free laundry with a suite? I've looked on the Carnival website and don't see it. Hubbs and I are platinum, so it doesn't matter for us, but my niece has also booked a suite. Just wondering if they would also get free wash and fold laundry?

Thanks in advance!

baf

It's one of the new suite perks. 1 Free bag of laundry, 1 lg bottle of water, priority embark and disembark,priorty tendor service

Announced in a letter, dated April 29, Carnival added: “In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service”, Carnival confirmed.

I accepted an upsell offer yesterday and we'll now have a grand suite on the Ecstasy departing august 19th! I had a couple questions I didn't see in my search here.

It says bottled water included. Is this just one or two complimentary bottles? I'd already purchased a few 12 packs bc that's basically all we drink. Just wondering if I should keep those.

I'm still up in the air about canceling fttf. Wwyd? Seems like the only difference would be risking our room not being ready until 1, which we can probably handle.

Do we get priority seating at dinner? We have ytd, so I was figuring on a little wait.

Do you think it'd be a reasonable request to have to pull out couch pulled out at the evening service and made back into a couch during morning service? I don't want to be a pain in the ass but it'll make the room work better with a toddler.

Trying to think of ways to enjoy the suite with out being snobby a-holes bc this is probably a once in a lifetime shot at one! Thanks for any input you have to offer!

When we got up in the morning we switched back to the couch ourselves and left the bedding for the steward. It was often an hour or more before we cleared the room in the morning and we wanted the space with 4 of us. I got the sense that the steward wasn't real thrilled with having to remake the bed each night but he got a nice extra tip at the end so I think that made things just fine. :)

I've done the same for a couch turned back into a couch. Request it, but you may want to leave a bigger tip than you would have. I tip each day, in an envelope, with the steward's name on it. And I add a bit more if I've asked for something special like that, or twice a day ice.