Fantastica or Aurea?

deliver42

I'm booked on the Seaside for April, 2018 in a Fansastica balcony on deck 14 on the forward hump. Love the location. I'm looking at changing to an Aurea balcony, which is only available on deck 9 forward at this time My question to people who have done both, do you think it's worth the little over $500.00 difference? I'm talking about the Seaside here. I realize any answer will be on other ships. Thank you for your responses in advance.

I look at the difference in price between the two to determine if it's worth it. I add the cost of a drinks package to the Fantastica price. If Aurea works out at less than a couple of hundred more, then I'll go with Aurea. It sometimes even works out at less!! The free access to the Spa thermal suite and private sundeck don't have any value for me. Nor does the priority boarding as we are Black Card members. But the included massage treatment and the MyChoice dining do - especially the latter as it is something that you cannot buy at any price. Same goes for priority boarding for those non-Black Card holders.

If the extras are worth that $500+ to you and it's comfortable for you, I'd recommend Aurea over Fantastica.

I'd recommend Aurea but again it depends on the value to you. The Adult only sun deck and MyChoice dining have value to me, whilst the Spa access and massages do not. I'll use as included but it's not an influencing factor for me.

We've booked differing levels of experience and another influence for us is cruise duration and number of sea days, are you going to use the sundeck, spa?

I would say Aurea is worth it, as it gives you priority boarding/tendering, MyChoice dining, the drink package, spa and sundeck access (nice perks), and more. It's kind of like Yacht Club light, you just don't have the Yacht Club lounge, pool area/sundeck, restaurant or butler service. Those are certainly nice to have, but to me, the Aurea experience is the best value right now if you don't want to step all the way up to Yacht Club. We are looking forward to our aft Aurea Suite next November.

Thank you all for your responses. I think I'll stay with the Fantastica with the drinks they give, plus I also purchased the 18 drink coupons. That should be enough for the drinks we do. Of course, if they offer a good upsell, that I would probably change my mind. I had an excellent PCC with MSC, but I found out last night that he's in another dept. now. What a disappointment. I used him to booked my last cruise on the Divina, and again on this cruise on the Seaside. Definitely cared more then the consultant i spoke to last night. Seemed he couldn't care less.

I'm booked on the Seaside for April, 2018 in a Fansastica balcony on deck 14 on the forward hump. Love the location. I'm looking at changing to an Aurea balcony, which is only available on deck 9 forward at this time My question to people who have done both, do you think it's worth the little over $500.00 difference? I'm talking about the Seaside here. I realize any answer will be on other ships. Thank you for your responses in advance.

Only you can decide that ????