Bottomless Bubbles - Quarters / Coins for tips

FrogFloat

Tip is included in the cost of the package.....

I wonder how this works for the bartender. In other words say if the bottomless bubbles pkg cost $50 - and the gratuity is 15% - that would cost you $57.50. So $7.50 is for tips for the bartender. So if you had 50 sodas - the tip would amount to $ .15 for the bartender for each drink he served you. Am I doing the math correct? I'm just trying to figure out how this whole gratuity thing works with the package. Or does Carnival just take the gratutities from all the pkgs purchased and give each bartender a percentage based on the drinks served?

I've gotten into the habit of tipping a little extra on sodas and drinks (Bottomless Bubbles and, last year, Cheers). I've worked for tips before and seeing the bartender's face light up when he/she sees an extra tip -- especially on sodas, when it's unexpected -- is worth every penny. I used to bring a few extra quarters along to tip extra for sodas but now I just add the tip to the bill.

I've had bottomless bubbles every cruise that I can remember. They automatically are getting a 15% tip to spend 30 seconds serving me. I don't give extra tip for that.

Well, not really, as this post illustrates:

I wonder how this works for the bartender. In other words say if the bottomless bubbles pkg cost $50 - and the gratuity is 15% - that would cost you $57.50. So $7.50 is for tips for the bartender. So if you had 50 sodas - the tip would amount to $ .15 for the bartender for each drink he served you. Am I doing the math correct? I'm just trying to figure out how this whole gratuity thing works with the package. Or does Carnival just take the gratutities from all the pkgs purchased and give each bartender a percentage based on the drinks served?

So, the bartender is getting something as a tip.....whether it's 15%, or less, is a good question.

This is why I tip a little extra. If I can't afford a buck here or there for a drink, and to see that bartender's face light up in surprise, I have NO business cruising in the first place.

Either way it breaks down the tip always coincides with the amount of service rendered. You may not make much for pouring 1/2 a can of soda over ice but it evens out in the end due to volume. You may only make $.25 per drink but when you serve 40 an hour it has an impact. A food server makes a larger tip because they have way fewer customers at a time that they must dedicate large chunks of time to.