Questions about Jamie's on Anthem of the Seas

Hi-

DH and I are going on a first cruise in a few weeks. I would like to eat at Jamie's Italian and have a few questions.

Is there much difference between the lunch and dinner portions/menu availability?

Does anyone know if there are onions in the sauce? Can we make special dietary request husband is allergic to them.

Since this is a specialty restaurant I am guessing you just get one appetizer, entree and a desert? I know in the main dining room they will let you pick a few if you are not sure which you want.

Also are you expected to dress up more since it is a specialty restaurant?

Sorry for all of the questions, but we are new to cruising. Hoping to have a great first trip!

TIA - Deb

They will also give you extra things to try.

The last two visits to Jamie's on two different trips the waiter wanted us to try the lamb chops. We both ordered other entrees but he also brought us a few lamb chops also.

This is the extra lamb chops we were brought the first time

10ccf5b69f288eadbceace58262545c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise, we ate at Jamie's. I think it was noon the next day before I was hungry again. We were 5 at the table and here is what the discussion with the waiter sort of sounded like.:

(In authentic Italian accent) Hello, my name is..(Can't remember but it was an Italian name). are you all really hungry? We said yes. Are there any allergies? We said no. Do you pretty much like anything? We said OH yes. Ok then, how about I just bring one of each on the menu and a few extras of the favorites...

It was not exactly word for word but close, we really had a hard time just fitting all the appetizers on the table. we were full before the main entrées were brought, and they brought a few extra ones of those as well.

Everything was very tasty and excellent but I felt guilty at the amount of food we had wasted.

So do make sure you don't snack for hours before showing up to Jamies.

dp

To answer a few of your questions... Jamie's is causal. Wear what you like. Lunch is $20 per person on sea days. Didn't eat lunch there so I don't know about portion sizes. For dinner we got a few different appetizers and a few different main choices. Server talked about the pastas you could get half portions of to try a few. It was encouraged to get a few mains. Great meal!

To answer your question- I was on Anthem in July and my party was able to order multiple appetizers (we ordered a plank and garlic bread for the table and then each of us ordered one or two apps), one of my family members ordered 2 dinners and desserts. They were pretty flexible in that regard. In terms of making dietary requests, I think you should be fine. I actually ordered a whole entree that wasn't even on the menu because I am pretty picky with what I eat and they accommodated that request. Also, you don't have to get too dressed up to eat there. What you would normally wear to a dinner on the ship is fine. Hope this helps and that you have a great time! :)

We don't usually do too many specialty restaurants and are usually very satisfied with the main dinning rooms on cruises (been on a few NCL cruises and one Carnival). So we usually try ONE specialty. Jamie's is our for our upcoming cruise and it sounds like, based on the comments here, a great choice. My son who's coming with us is not usually a big Italian Food eater (he doesn't really like pasta), but loves lamb chops and those look like they'd be in his wheelhouse. He also is a big fish eater and if I recall they always have a fish choice. So he'll be fine. And we are not big eaters (we are the type that almost always brings home a doggie bag of half our entree!), so it's going to be a struggle not filling up on apps. Looking forward to eating at Jamie's

We don't usually do too many specialty restaurants and are usually very satisfied with the main dinning rooms on cruises (been on a few NCL cruises and one Carnival). So we usually try ONE specialty. Jamie's is our for our upcoming cruise and it sounds like, based on the comments here, a great choice. My son who's coming with us is not usually a big Italian Food eater (he doesn't really like pasta), but loves lamb chops and those look like they'd be in his wheelhouse. He also is a big fish eater and if I recall they always have a fish choice. So he'll be fine. And we are not big eaters (we are the type that almost always brings home a doggie bag of half our entree!), so it's going to be a struggle not filling up on apps. Looking forward to eating at Jamie's

Your son will be very happy with the options. I also am not a big pasta fan (My wife is), but I am a huge fan of Lamb chops and they were very good at Jaimie's. There are many non-pasta options.

Pear & Prosciutto Salad +++++

Wild Mushroom and smoked Mozzarella Risotto +++++

Crispy Squid +++++

There is more but it's making me too hungry thinking of all the great stuff we ate.

dp