Wifi charged per person or per room?

Rickgina

Hi all, wife and I are doing a B2B on the Dream shortly. We tried to preorder the Value wifi plan for the 1st week and carnival site tried to charge us BOTH for the package ($71.25 x2).

My understanding is that all in one cabin can use 1 plan, just can't be connected @ the same time. Am I correct?

I had the option to remove my name and leave just hers at checkout, but why would they want us BOTH to pay? And if I did remove, does that excuse me from using the plan?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all, wife and I are doing a B2B on the Dream shortly. We tried to preorder the Value wifi plan for the 1st week and carnival site tried to charge us BOTH for the package ($71.25 x2).

My understanding is that all in one cabin can use 1 plan, just can't be connected @ the same time. Am I correct?

I had the option to remove my name and leave just hers at checkout, but why would they want us BOTH to pay? And if I did remove, does that excuse me from using the plan?

Thanks in advance

everyone has to buy the package in ur room to use iy. It can be a different one ( social or vslue) but you cant share

everyone has to buy the package in ur room to use iy. It can be a different one ( social or vslue) but you cant share

Unless they have changed the rules since March, this is not true. I always buy whatever plan I want after we board and my sister has never had to buy a plan. she seldom uses it anyway, usually asks me to check for her if anything comes up. I'm the one taking the computer. EM

You mean, can't share at the same time? Unless something changed recently, one plan can be shared on different devices, just can't have multiple devices logged on concurrently.

This hasn't been my experience.

I've usually purchased a value plan and logged on with my laptop. However, my wife, who uses an iphone, likes to check her social media pages. When she's ready to logon, I simply log off and let her get online (using her iphone) using my credentials. Best that I remember, this is allowed with the understanding that only one device can be online at any given time.

We've done this at least 3 cruises and as recently as February, so if things have changed since then and the above comment from the previous poster is now accurate, I'm not aware of it.

Garnett

I've usually purchased a value plan and logged on with my laptop. However, my wife, who uses an iphone, likes to check her social media pages. When she's ready to logon, I simply log off and let her get online (using her iphone) using my credentials. Best that I remember, this is allowed with the understanding that only one device can be online at any given time.

We've done this at least 3 cruises and as recently as February, so if things have changed since then and the above comment from the previous poster is now accurate, I'm not aware of it.

Garnett

you are correct. I was on the Vista TA With many sea days we both bought value, if ome was on in the Lido and i was on serenity it would have drove me crazy.

Now my issue is going on HAL no plans minutes that can be shared 1000 minuyrs $250. What do i do?

I was able to purchase the social media plan last week for DH on the website. It pre-checks both persons in the room, I simply unchecked myself and was able to purchase just for him.

It is not necessary to purchase for both people, as long as you are willing to not both be logged in at the same time. The second person simply has to log in the same credentials as the person who purchased the package.

• Like 1

you are correct. I was on the Vista TA With many sea days we both bought value, if ome was on in the Lido and i was on serenity it would have drove me crazy.

Now my issue is going on HAL no plans minutes that can be shared 1000 minuyrs $250. What do i do?

Maybe someone on the HAL board can give an advice.

There is an advantage to pre-paying, as Carnival offers a savings of 15% vs. on-board pricing.

Plus it goes along with my MO of prepaying everything before we board, but that's been discussed on this board ad nauseam.

We were on the Breeze a week ago. We compared prices with one of us logged into the account and the other not - and it is cheaper to pre-book the plan. When I used it on my device - I was able to log in and it automatically logged the other device off. Then when wanting change devices again - same thing. So as long as you 2 do not need to be on it at the same time, it shouldn't be a problem. The signal was actually fairly consistent and was rarely very slow. Although, we could not get any signal on our balcony - which was irritating, but not a true issue.

Garnett

Yes, this is correct. I just did this with my wife on the Miracle 2 weeks ago. You pay for an account. If you both want to be online at the same time you pay for 2 accounts. Or pay for 1 and share it, just not at the same time.

• 2 years later...

We are taking a Carnival Cruise in January.  We have on board credits with our cruise and I wanted to use that credit balance from my sign and sail card to pay for the internet plan. Do you know if I purchase the plan prior to sailing, if they charge a credit card or is it charged to the sign and sail card? 

34 minutes ago, brian0610 said:

We are taking a Carnival Cruise in January.  We have on board credits with our cruise and I wanted to use that credit balance from my sign and sail card to pay for the internet plan. Do you know if I purchase the plan prior to sailing, if they charge a credit card or is it charged to the sign and sail card? 

If you purchase prior to sailing, the plan must be paid for with the credit card or gift card.  To my knowledge, you can't use your Sign and Sail account for any purchases PRIOR to physically being on the ship.

Garnett