Live Equinox August 13th Sailing

whitshel

I think we are in the same cabin (6209) for our October cruise on the Equinox. Is 6209 your cabin or close to it? We were wondering about the "obstruction" as well. Your photos have alleviated our concerns a bit!
No, were in 6240 so you must be more forward and on the other side. But if it's a 2C the views are fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looking forward to following your post. We board on 4th September for our first ever cruise along with our friends who will be celebrating their 25th anniversary. Would you mind if i asked a couple of questions? We too will be staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay the night before. Do you recommend the restaurant there? Will def have breakfast there for convenience but what about dinner? If not the hotel could you recommend somewhere close by? I will need to make a trip to CVS/Walgreen's or similar do you know if there is one of these close by? One more question if you don't mind... we too are booked in a veranda stateroom do they have robes? Won't pack extra if they do. Many thanks in advance, Michelle :-)

Hi Michelle, I'll jump in and try to answer your questions. We will be getting off of Equinox the day you get on. Equinox is our favorite ship! We are also staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and stayed here in May for the first time. We loved the hotel and location. We had dinner at the hotel in May. We sat outside overlooking the marina and it was good. There is a Publix that is only a 10 minute walk. We went there in the morning to pick up a couple of things. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a drug store near there. Wanda

Looking forward to following your post. We board on 4th September for our first ever cruise along with our friends who will be celebrating their 25th anniversary. Would you mind if i asked a couple of questions? We too will be staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay the night before. Do you recommend the restaurant there? Will def have breakfast there for convenience but what about dinner? If not the hotel could you recommend somewhere close by? I will need to make a trip to CVS/Walgreen's or similar do you know if there is one of these close by? One more question if you don't mind... we too are booked in a veranda stateroom do they have robes? Won't pack extra if they do. Many thanks in advance, Michelle :-)

We are also on the Sept. 4 cruise and are staying at the same Marriott. I haven't stayed there in several years as I have not sailed out of Miami since Dec. 2011. I understand there is a (free) People Mover around the downtown area. It goes to Bayside and Brickell. One or both of these areas should have what you need. There may be something close to the hotel.

The hotel restaurant was fine 6 years ago; things could have changed. Again, if you take the People Mover to either of the above mentioned areas, there are plenty of restaurants.

Whitshel, I am enjoying your photos. This will be our second Equinox cruise and looking forward to the seeing her again. We have been on several of the other S class ships, but Equinox and Silhouette are our favorites. Please keep the photos coming.

We are just a 7 day, key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. Love this itinerary

If possible, can you get some pictures of the dinner menu's in the MDR? I'm sending my mom on this itinerary or her honeymoon and need to know the best night to send them to Murano.

We didn't use the dinning at the Marriott it was pretty spendy, there is a mall with shops n restaurants that links the Marriott with the DoubleTree, the restaurants there are more reasonable especially for breakfast.

Yes, at least our room has robes in it. Not sure if they all do or just because we are elite

Missed your post, glad someone else helped out too. [emoji51]

Yours re robes. All staterooms have robes; Concierge Class and above have a different quality robe (heavy weight). The "regular" robes are the waffle weave robes. Save space in your luggage; no need to pack a robe.

Some pix from key West. Ship to Ron Jon to Margaritaville was a pretty easy walk but hotter than #*+!. Then we uber'd to the point and uber'd back to the ship. Nice day5700e1d37d84b45fd4c59727b7b27696.jpg119dfe7dba5a51973598d37d364a8458.jpg210336685c61bfba21338c4d324b77f5.jpg3f9e2ef02000192ed0c8d47044ff7d7b.jpg1805f56d6be33bc01d8e01e223196835.jpg2c3ade6d4b1094e13fe56ffc5459b85d.jpg

Following. We are 4 couples on the Equinox for a 10 night cruise departing October 27. We are also staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. My sister and I are doing your same itinerary February 24. Thanks for taking the time for your review. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you take the metro mover in Miami there is a stop for Bayside and there are many restaurants at Bayside Marketplace and a CVS across the street) a longer ride is Brickell and there is a Publix right there. There is a taco place right near that stop that looked AMAZING that we never got to try!

Thanks for taking us along!

If you get a chance would you get a few pics from the GastroBar. It has become our favorite place. Just had to cancel our Nov cruise, so I will be getting my cruise fix from your pics!

EW

EW - So sad that you had to cancel. Hope future cruises will come soon!